The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, LondonBairn said:

I'd have liked a striker who at least has experience of scoring goals in a professional league tbh.

Aye, but who in our league has signed one of them in this window?

Just now, LondonBairn said:

I think it's quite obvious Jarvis is a bit of a panic singing since Ray's original targets have turned us down. I'd like to think we could have at least got someone with more experience in though.

I dont see how he can be a panic signing if weve been watching him throughout the transfer window.

1 minute ago, LondonBairn said:

I think it's quite obvious Jarvis is a bit of a panic singing since Ray's original targets have turned us down. I'd like to think we could have at least got someone with more experience in though.

Any who exactly were Ray's original targets Edi?

7 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Falkirk guilty of tapping up. Ray McKinnon had “no specific period of notice” in his contract.

Ray McKinnon tears up his contract legally, Falkirk appoint him. Hardlines mate.

When there is no specifics the powers that be will take into account what is ordinarily expected of both club and employee and rule from there.  I am not trying to be arsey, I only really care about the football but this isn't done yet and the Morton statement (from people adjudged to have acted honestly and correctly) shows as much.  

3 minutes ago, LondonBairn said:

I don’t think McKinnon does panic signings. Irving was a panic signing. Yes, first choices may well have turned us down. So then we move on down the list. Getting a genuinely promising lad from a London club doesn’t smack of last minute panic.

What? You mean someone with experience like Zak Rudden?…

1 minute ago, KabbaCharming said:

When there is no specifics the powers that be will take into account what is ordinarily expected of both club and employee and rule from there.  I am not trying to be arsey, I only really care about the football but this isn't done yet and the Morton statement (from people adjudged to have acted honestly and correctly) shows as much.  

You’re maybe not trying to be arsey, but you are being arsey. You are taking internal football’s “rules” and judgements where proof is taken as being “balance of probability” and then trying to apply them in the big world. It simply won’t happen.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

You’re maybe not trying to be arsey, but you are being arsey. You are taking internal football’s “rules” and judgements where proof is taken as being “balance of probability” and then trying to apply them in the big world. It simply won’t happen.

Has there actually ever been any previous examples of clubs taking other clubs to court over this. Cant think of any off hand.