The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

It’s almost as if decent goal scoring strikers aren’t available on the 31st of January

Fair play to you, I’m sure it’s purely down to your big club status that you were able to fight off the stiff competition to get this lad’s signature. If you had another £40k to splash you could probably have gone a bit upmarket and got someone from St Albans. 

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

Fair play to you, I’m sure it’s purely down to your big club status that you were able to fight off the stiff competition to get this lad’s signature. If you had another £40k to splash you could probably have gone a bit upmarket and got someone from St Albans. 

You’re a salty wee laddie so you are

Re. the McKinnon decision. Interesting that Falkirk fans seem relatively happy that their club have only received a £40k fine (that's one player less), with their manager basically deemed a liar ('unreliable witness'), and their board pretty much incompetent.

Morton statement indicating that the club will now be pursuing Falkirk directly for compensation... so not over yet for Falkirk.

Edited by Dr Zhivago

1 minute ago, Dr Zhivago said:

Re. the McKinnon decision. Interesting that Falkirk fans seem relatively happy that their club have only received a £40k fine, with their manager basically deemed a liar ('unreliable witness'), and their board pretty much incompetent.

Morton statement indicating that the club will now be pursuing Falkirk directly for compensation... so not over yet for Falkirk.

Naebdy cares.

1 minute ago, Dr Zhivago said:

Re. the McKinnon decision. Interesting that Falkirk fans seem relatively happy that their club have only received a £40k fine, with their manager basically deemed a liar ('unreliable witness'), and their board pretty much incompetent.

We’ll probably just continue to dictate our terms to them - and they’ll sit there and take it like the good wee lassies they are

Spent too much on the Tidser announcement video bud x

1 minute ago, GMBairn said:

I wonder how many Morton fans will come on here attempting to gloat before they realise we couldn't give a f**k about £40K or £150K for that fucking matter.

I'd be thinking about it as money directly out of your budget for players. 40K and very likely more to follow.

15 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Unlike the Luton legend

Which one ?

11 minutes ago, Dr Zhivago said:

Re. the McKinnon decision. Interesting that Falkirk fans seem relatively happy that their club have only received a £40k fine (that's one player less), with their manager basically deemed a liar ('unreliable witness'), and their board pretty much incompetent.

Have I missed Falkirk saying they wont appeal the 40k or the decision ?

Edited by MrDust

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

How long will it be before it sinks in that a SFA judgment is not legally binding, creates no precedent and is effectively worthless in an actual court. On top of that, an actual court case will require far higher standards of evidence. Bring it on. 

This has nothing to do with the SFA. SPFL matter.

9 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I wonder how many Morton fans will come on here attempting to gloat before they realise we couldn't give a f**k about £40K or £150K for that fucking matter.

That’s right it’s all about points and you have got many of those.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

How long will it be before it sinks in that a SFA judgment is not legally binding, creates no precedent and is effectively worthless in an actual court. On top of that, an actual court case will require far higher standards of evidence. Bring it on. 

I'd expect they'd have to pursue compo on Scottish Law terms not SFA/SPFL rules which aren't the same.  never had someone ask if you might like a job before without asking your current employer?  Might be an over simplistic view.

Edited by MetalWolf

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Bring it on. 

Think proper  legal advisers if you can afford any  might caution otherwise given your principal witness was discredited and you seemed to have omitted key facts in your original submission.

However as Kenny Sheils said you seem to know no shame. Feel free to plumb the depths till you reach purgatory.