The Falkirk FC Thread

You're the only one taking it seriously. As said above its a preseason tournament and Murray decided to use it to give the first team players who were lacking match practice some game time. Why is this an issue? I'm sure your young defenders (and your manager) were happy to be up against players expected to play in the First division this year but you seem pissed off because it meant your team didn't win one of the most meaningless trophies in the Scottish game.

That's unfair. I reckon it is absolutely, beyond argument, the most meaningless trophy. There are no others that come even close.

Hi Falkirk fans, I know this is completely off topic but, I was just wondering if any of you would know when the monster truck show that's going on at Falkirk stadium would finish, it says that it starts at 7:30, but doesn't show when it'll finish.

Just a rough time, that'll be much appreciated.

I know I'm mad but I'm 99.99% sure that when we won this in the 2011/2012 season it was meant to be the last?

I got my photo taken with the trophy before it was getting taken to Hampden to go into the museum.

Did Dumbarton beg to not scrap it until they won it?

Edited by Gaz FFC

He's turned down a coaching role at Killie and a player/coach role with Oldham, so it seems like he's still keen to play: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23016260

My uncle speaks highly of him. A solid, if unspectacular, player who gave his all for the club. Not sure how he'd do for us as he's 35 now and seems like a position we're not desperate in.

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/audio-gary-holt-reflects-on-the-stirlingshire-cup-and-looks-forward-to-saturday-s-ramsdens-cup-match-1-3013256#.UfDhId48tkA.twitter

Good interview with Holt. Really like how he just says it as it is, completely different from the buffoon.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Just seen Brian McLean has been released from Dundee United. Could we bring him back on the cheap?

He was one of our highest earners 2 seasons ago and would have been on a decent wage at United.

He'll end up at St Johnstone or Ross County.

Yeah Ross County were in for him a couple of weeks ago IIRC. He'd want too much money anyway and he wasn't exactly great the first time around. In saying that, he's about 10 times better than Flynn...

He has the same problem as Flynn though which is a total inability to concentrate for 90 mins without making an arse of things. Would look comfortable on the ball one minute before gifting a goal to the opposition the next. Our defence looked far better without him when we were in the SPL.

Eddie May sounded like a breath of fresh air after Yogi. I'll wait and see how the team play.

Very different interview from what we'd have been given by his predecessor. I liked the minimalism of it.........."if a player doesn't think he can handle (the pressure), he can just come and see me, and I'll move him on" The equally acidic "in any walk of life, be it footballer or window cleaner, if you aren't delivering the goods, you'll soon be found out". I also liked how he did a very unPressley thing by talking more about the first half display against Dumbarton than the second half display. He then said that "yes, the bollocking at half time seemed to work, and if that's the case, they'll get a bollocking before the start of the next game".

He seems a very pragmatic straight talking type of guy.

Edited by Guest

Very different interview from what we'd have been given by his predecessor. I liked the minimalism of it.........."if a player doesn't think he can handle (the pressure), he can just come and see me, and I'll move him on" The equally acidic "in any walk of life, be it footballer or window cleaner, if you aren't delivering the goods, you'll soon be found out". I also how he did the very unPressley like thing of talking more about the first half display against Dumbarton than the second half display. He then said that "yes, the bollocking at half time seemed to work, and if that's the case, they'll get a bollocking before the start of the next game".

He seems a very pragmatic straight talking type of guy.

That last quote is brilliant. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app