The Falkirk FC Thread

Well, your youngsters redeemed themselves in the second half against our youngsters. Your 'keeper was excellent and very comfortable with the ball at his feet but could be accused of being too casual at times. Biabi isn't anywhere near ready for your first team though.

Heard you had 7/8 of your first team playing, is that right?

Lets face it it wouldnt be the stirlingshire cup without Dumbarton fielding a team half full of first teamers against a Falkirk youth team in the final. Its about time that the competition had certain rules in my mind so that either everyone takes it as seriously as Dumbarton or its a youth team competition like falkirk see it as. Otherwise whats the point.

Heard you had 7/8 of your first team playing, is that right?

Lets face it it wouldnt be the stirlingshire cup without Dumbarton fielding a team half full of first teamers against a Falkirk youth team in the final. Its about time that the competition had certain rules in my mind so that either everyone takes it as seriously as Dumbarton or its a youth team competition like falkirk see it as. Otherwise whats the point.

:lol:

In the first half we had Scott Smith, Scott Linton, Mark Gilhaney, Garry Fleming & Bryan Prunty playing. Linton Fleming & Prunty all went off at half time and were replaced with youth players. Linton, Gilhaney & Fleming have been on holiday for the first part of pre-season and are behind the rest of the squad, Prunty hasn't had much game time.

Shadwell, I'm led to believe there are rules in place that state you need to field a certain number of youth players so dry yer eyes you big wean.

What though is the point of playing experienced players in what every other club in the competition basically sees as a youth team competition? Surely it would be better if every club treated the competition the same instead of the majority seeing it as a youth competition and others like Dumbarton seeing it as a chance to give their fans something to cheer about.

What though is the point of playing experienced players in what every other club in the competition basically sees as a youth team competition? Surely it would be better if every club treated the competition the same instead of the majority seeing it as a youth competition and others like Dumbarton seeing it as a chance to give their fans something to cheer about.

Jesus on ice skates, who gives a f'k. It would have been a better test for the younger players playing against a mixed squad with experience anyway. They'll have all season of playing against weans in the under-20s league.

It's a pre-season tournament which is used for giving first team players fitness and youth players experience. We had plenty youth players out last night. I don't know why it upsets you so much. You're right though, we went mental after we lifted the cup last night. Open top bus tour is being arranged for after the Stranraer game on Saturday.

It doesnt upset me its just that every season Dumbarton seem to be the only team that takes this competition so seriously. Every other team plays kids apart from Dumbarton and thats why they do pretty well in it. I'm not sure what benefit your experienced players get by playing our youth team to be honest. Would be better if they limited the competition totally to under 20 year olds.

To be fair Dumbarton can field whatever team they want and do they even have enough youth players that they could play in this competition??

It would have been good for our young lads to come up against 1st team players, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we never won this little cup again but again the experience would have been good for our 16 year olds. :)

It doesnt upset me its just that every season Dumbarton seem to be the only team that takes this competition so seriously. Every other team plays kids apart from Dumbarton and thats why they do pretty well in it. I'm not sure what benefit your experienced players get by playing our youth team to be honest. Would be better if they limited the competition totally to under 20 year olds.

You're the only one taking it seriously. As said above its a preseason tournament and Murray decided to use it to give the first team players who were lacking match practice some game time. Why is this an issue? I'm sure your young defenders (and your manager) were happy to be up against players expected to play in the First division this year but you seem pissed off because it meant your team didn't win one of the most meaningless trophies in the Scottish game.

I just find it hilarious that dumbarton are so desperate to win a mickey mouse cup by having to field members of their first team in the competition. I realise its the only trophy they have a chance of winning all season buit surely they'd get more from it if it was there youth team playing in it from start to finish and being victorious. There cant be much satisfaction from winning it when your playing 5 or 6 first team player against a team with none..

I just find it hilarious that dumbarton are so desperate to win a mickey mouse cup by having to field members of their first team in the competition. I realise its the only trophy they have a chance of winning all season buit surely they'd get more from it if it was there youth team playing in it from start to finish and being victorious. There cant be much satisfaction from winning it when your playing 5 or 6 first team player against a team with none..

Christ he's still going. Murray can pick whatever team he wants, regardless of what the other teams plan on doing. If he wants to give some first team players game time (45 minutes of last nights game) in a pre-season tournament then why do you care? Dumbarton are not desperate to win this nor do we get satisfaction from winning it (well our youth players might), it's something you've manufactured in your mind. It's a meaningless game in a meaningless tournament, get over it.

Christ he's still going. Murray can pick whatever team he wants, regardless of what the other teams plan on doing. If he wants to give some first team players game time (45 minutes of last nights game) in a pre-season tournament then why do you care? Dumbarton are not desperate to win this nor do we get satisfaction from winning it (well our youth players might), it's something you've manufactured in your mind. It's a meaningless game in a meaningless tournament, get over it.

What we do get satisfaction from is opposition fans exhaling through gritted teeth about being 'not bothered' and 'not upset'.

f**k up Dumbarton, what's the point playing a full strength team in the Stirlingshire Cup when we're playing our youth players? It's pointless, it's a reserve tournament and you're ruining it for yourselves and everyone else! Next time you should look at our line-up and change yours to suit! :bairn

Edited by RobBairn1876