The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'd swap Mackin for TOE for my four.

Mackin had his 15 mins of fame where at least scored, caused a nusicance of himself and was actually visible, Turner and TOE were invisible and Fasan and Dallison were visible but for the wrong reasons.

I actually caught a couple of Turner's reserve games and he was subbed in both for being invisible/shite, TOE also was particularly the same mould in those games albeit looking like a 90s Frank Lampard.

I think tho you could make a case for all the summer signings being the worst, the fact an 18yr old late loan deal of Irving from Hearts looked like the pick of them kinda tells its own story and only Paton and Petra being the only Hartley summer signings clinging on to first team football.

It's quite astonishing that Hartley could get it so wrong with almost every one of his summer signings. 

Some credit has to be given for defeating the law of averages and achieving almost absolute consistency (consistently awful , but still consistent none the less).

#themitchey&hartleyshow

#consistent    

14 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

It's quite astonishing that Hartley could get it so wrong with almost every one of his summer signings. 

Some credit has to be given for defeating the law of averages and achieving almost absolute consistency (consistently awful , but still consistent none the less).

#themitchey&hartleyshow

#consistent    

Especially when he done relatively well in the January window.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dan Turner, for having been involved in a wee bit of fanfare when he came was somehow then discovered to be scarcely worth a place on the bench. If a player can be used to sum up how a hopeful summer turned out, its him.

Dennon Lewis, leaving anything else aside, what he did against the Pars should go down in infamy as one of the strangest acts of shitebaggery I have ever seen. Being shite is easier to tolerate than being a shitebag. He was both.

Leo Fasan, no write up required.

Marcus Haber, gets in not because of lack of footballing ability but because his lack of effort was nothing shy of a fucking disgrace. Doesnt deserve another well paying job in football.

Honorable mentions....

Paul Paton remains in a grace period following his health issues but he was making his way towards being my most hated Falkirk player of all time. He would have been a shoo in for this priorly....

Dallison, well I dont think there was anything remarkably dislikable about him. Only being shite would qualify him and he must be less shite than Turner.

Had Aero been signed by Hartley coupled with his performances this season he would have been in. Fortunately for him, he had done enough in the past to be allowed to bow out gracefully.

Def agree on both Lewis & Haber, as summed up above.  They’re the clear top - or more like rock bottom - two on the list. Probably go with O-E and Fasan as the others. 

Wouldn’t give them the grandeur of the mount rushmore type analogy tho’ - would make it like a sand sculpture on the beach, and happily watch the incoming  tide obliterate it.  Good enough for the cants. 

18 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

IMG_7541.jpg

Superb, only issue i have with this is that Haber looks mildly interested in what's going on around him.

I think Haber, Lewis and Fasan are stick-ons for Mt Shitemore, I think TOE and Turner will escape just because of how little we saw them. I'd have Dallison in there in place of TOE.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is that the Easideal laddie?

I certainly hope not Easdale’s laddie. Don’t think McKinnon would want to be anywhere near that lot.

Todorov was at Hearts, then loaned to the Launderers last season. Another cart horse.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I certainly hope not Easdale’s laddie. Don’t think McKinnon would want to be anywhere near that lot.

Todorov was at Hearts, then loaned to the Launderers last season. Another cart horse.

I'm sure a Livi fan on here said that Todorov wasn't a goal scorer but works very hard and is good at holding the ball up which is something we need. Having said that, I may be making that up.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm sure a Livi fan on here said that Todorov wasn't a goal scorer but works very hard and is good at holding the ball up which is something we need. Having said that, I may be making that up.

He’s very average, clumsy on the ball but works hard. League 1 he looked okay for us when we won it but Championship he was out his depth and it showed when we signed Lee Miller. Miller was a massive improvement on him, whereas Todorov was probably pretty comparable to Mackin.

Upside to Toddy is he has a lot of heart and will play wherever he needs, filled in at RW and CB for us for quite a bit 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

He’s very average, clumsy on the ball but works hard. League 1 he looked okay for us when we won it but Championship he was out his depth and it showed when we signed Lee Miller. Miller was a massive improvement on him, whereas Todorov was probably pretty comparable to Mackin.

Upside to Toddy is he has a lot of heart and will play wherever he needs, filled in at RW and CB for us for quite a bit 

Cheers. Can you please email Ray McKinnon with this information? Ta. Quickly please, thanks. No faster than that please! Hurry fuckin up!

9 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Lee Erwin also being banded about on Facebook

Would be a far better option than absolute donkeys like Sammon and this Todorov character. We've already suffered enough with having to endure Mackin, albeit for a mercifully short period of time.