The Falkirk FC Thread

Looking through my calendar there at the players Falkirk have had in the past. Some players, Tony Parks, Simon Stainrod, Russell Latapy and Richard Cadette are the first 4 months. Unbelievable that it's the same team who this season signed Dan Turner, Dylan Mackin Tom Dallison and Leo Fasan

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Four is a good number for a discussion - who's on your Mount Rushmore of terrible Hartley signings?

I'd go for Fasan, Lewis, Mackin and Owen-Evans.

Dallison and Froxylias very unlucky to miss out tbh.

Haber, Fasan, Dallison and Lewis never seen enough of Turner to judge same with TOE

Defining moment of how bad it really was the game against Connahs Quay Nomads for so many reasons

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Four is a good number for a discussion - who's on your Mount Rushmore of terrible Hartley signings?

Fasan, Lewis, Mackin and Turner for me, if he couldn’t even get on the pitch in this team he must’ve been bad. 

Dan Turner, for having been involved in a wee bit of fanfare when he came was somehow then discovered to be scarcely worth a place on the bench. If a player can be used to sum up how a hopeful summer turned out, its him.

Dennon Lewis, leaving anything else aside, what he did against the Pars should go down in infamy as one of the strangest acts of shitebaggery I have ever seen. Being shite is easier to tolerate than being a shitebag. He was both.

Leo Fasan, no write up required.

Marcus Haber, gets in not because of lack of footballing ability but because his lack of effort was nothing shy of a fucking disgrace. Doesnt deserve another well paying job in football.

Honorable mentions....

Paul Paton remains in a grace period following his health issues but he was making his way towards being my most hated Falkirk player of all time. He would have been a shoo in for this priorly....

Dallison, well I dont think there was anything remarkably dislikable about him. Only being shite would qualify him and he must be less shite than Turner.

Had Aero been signed by Hartley coupled with his performances this season he would have been in. Fortunately for him, he had done enough in the past to be allowed to bow out gracefully.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Dan Turner for being unable to get game time amongst the worst group of forwards the club has ever had.

Marcus Haber for being the least interested player I've ever seen, and also managing to get shorter when jumping for a ball. Always a good trick, that.

Dennon Lewis for the twin abilities of a winger that can't run with a ball and a striker that couldn't shoot. Also such a shitebag that A Harris, Esq tells jokes about him.

Tom Owen-Evans for just being a literal football vacuum. Did nothing at all.

Strange thing is - TOE keeps scoring for Hereford.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Can't see any way Fasan, Lewis and Owen Evans arent on everyone's list.

I'm adding Sammut as my fourth. He was absolutely atrocious and played more than some of the other shit like Turner.

Consider this though - all those guys getting pelters for being horrendous (and rightfully so!) would have been, by a mile, the best player at their school, in their local leagues and coming up through the academy/youth system of their clubs.

Nick Hornby readers will recognise the parable of Gus Caesar.

3 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Morton signing a midfielder/winger from Bournemouth :)  Fingers crossed wee Tidser will be a bairn before the end January

Offt, some signing for Morton getting Ryan Fraser on loan.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Sorry but Mount Rushmore just wouldn't cut it. I think we'd need to use the Alps.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Offt, some signing for Morton getting Ryan Fraser on loan.

Fraser has been starting games and scoring and assisting goals for Bournemouth this season, I doubt they'd let him leave on loan. That's before you consider his wages, which would be astronomical for a club like Morton. What a bizarre suggestion :lol:

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Turner, Fasan, Mackin and Dallison for me. Horrible, horrible footballers.

I'd swap Mackin for TOE for my four.

Mackin had his 15 mins of fame where at least scored, caused a nusicance of himself and was actually visible, Turner and TOE were invisible and Fasan and Dallison were visible but for the wrong reasons.

I actually caught a couple of Turner's reserve games and he was subbed in both for being invisible/shite, TOE also was particularly the same mould in those games albeit looking like a 90s Frank Lampard.

I think tho you could make a case for all the summer signings being the worst, the fact an 18yr old late loan deal of Irving from Hearts looked like the pick of them kinda tells its own story and only Paton and Petra being the only Hartley summer signings clinging on to first team football.

10 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Morton signing a midfielder/winger from Bournemouth :)  Fingers crossed wee Tidser will be a bairn before the end January

I don't think we'll get anyone else in unfortunately. Just a gut feeling.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Fraser has been starting games and scoring and assisting goals for Bournemouth this season, I doubt they'd let him leave on loan. That's before you consider his wages, which would be astronomical for a club like Morton. What a bizarre suggestion :lol:

Not sure if you're the woosher or the wooshee TBH. :unsure2: