The Falkirk FC Thread

Duffie, Durojayie and McGrandles were the standouts for me. McGrandles in particular was excellent.

Apart from two pretty shocking defensive errors, I thought we did well today. If Flynn is injured, we definitely need cover at CH. Tbh we really need someone in there that can provide some leadership and organisation - not replacing Dods properly is incredibly risky.

Sibbald looked in desperate need of match practice IMO (and still did when he went off), a lack of fitness that could again hold him back with injuries this season? A few loose passes from others too, but generally we zipped it about really well (despite the heat) and created a number of chances. Was surprised Botti didn't get a run out.

As for the two trialist strikers, I think they can both offer something. Can they score 15 each this season? We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully Holt can get a couple more lads in to look at and manage to replace Taylor's goals in the team.

The smoke bomb was a good laugh. Vandalising the toilets was too far. Then again, they've vandalised our stand a few times in the past, what goes around comes around I guess...

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2-2 FT, good game overall. We weakened considerably after Ollie went off.

He went off with what could only have been 5 mins left and was partially to blame for blowing oot his arse and being behind play with their equaliser....Kingsley certainly gave him both barrels after it.

Well done to that wee bright spark admitting to criminal damage and posting evidence of it. Very, very clever.

As for the game, I thought both teams tried to pass the ball well and it was quite an even first half although Falkirk edged the chances. Nice finish from Ferguson for us (no idea what Falkirk were doing at the back) and poor defending at the equaliser. Again, Pars switched off for the second goal but was quick thinking from the Falkirk team at the free-kick. For most of the second half we were second best, Falkirk dominated much of the possession and missed a few good chances to kill it.

But our equaliser was a cracking goal and some of our young lads did themselves no harm at all. A good workout and a positive enough result at the end.

ETA - I thought Roberts the trialist looked pretty good, in the first half especially.

Edited by Larbert_Par

Roberts last season seemed to look decent in spurts for Caley. I don't think he's good enough to be a regular for a title chasing First division team

Hey guys

Doing Fantasy Football research. Is this your current first team squad?

Goalkeepers

Michael McGovern

Graham Bowman

Defenders

Kieran Duffie

Jonny Flynn

Will Vaulks

Stephen Kingsley

Ryan McGeever

Liam Dick

Midfielders

Jay Fulton