The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Still time, but I'm underwhelmed by this transfer window. We're still several players short to stay up I think..

Bearing in mind you're doing quite well if 2 of every 3 signings are decent. 

I think we need another 4 or 5 in. Urgently. 

Usually I read your posts and it's like we share a brain but I am much more confident than you are. 

I'm comfortable with the keeper and all of yesterday's back 4. Osman needs to get more involved in the game but I don't think he was anywhere near as bad yesterday as people are making out. McShane is going to do well for us. Waddington and Keilor-Dunn are both starters in a 3 behind the striker. Rudden will just fucking get goals.

I think we need another winger and could do with another striker.

That Alloa game is absolutely massive btw it really can't be expressed strongly enough that we must win that one.

McKinnon will know where the gaps in the squad are. I like what I see in Burgoyne, Dixon and McKenna (Admittedly it’s very few games). In an ideal world Ray could just go out and sign Ralston and another striker who guarantees 10 goal in half a season however we all know it’s not as easy as that in reality. It’s not Championship Manager.

He will have identified his targets and will be working hard to secure them. We don’t just want him signing anybody to fill the squad. Look at how that worked out under Hartley.

Its shite for us all just now but let’s try and be patient.

We are unbeaten since he brought his own players in so for me that’s a positive. 

COYB.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not really been discussed much considering it was an area of utter despondency for us, but having not seen the game would I be correct in saying Burgoyne looks a good find?

He kicked the ball out of the park a few times, which has about 70% of our support frothing at the mouth. He made a couple of cracking saves and commanded his area well from crosses. No chance with either goal. He's lightyears ahead of Mitchell and the less said about Fasan the better.

Regardless of which league we're in next year it really needs to be a new first choice keeper and Mutch as the sub. It's stupidity to have five keepers on the books for a club our size.

Guest Ecosse83

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday but also the game showed we need more. 

Did McKinnon say in his interview that he wants another centre half and move Dixon to left back? 

Hopefully we can get another striker in for next week although very hard to do as had already been said.

I can't quite understand the levels of negativity on here. We managed to score 2 goals at home, and should really have got a 3rd and winner with Rudden's chance at the end. We came from behind twice and managed to get a point against a team challenging for playoffs when last week it seemed all rosey because we got a point against a 10 man team at the bottom of the league. Is this just because Partick got a result yesterday and less of how we actually performed? 

Thought the keeper was class.

Right side of defence is still a worry.

Osman (for me) had too many strolling about moments, but in midfield, he was the only one capable of competing for headers.

Petra was not on it, but has been away for a while. McKenna wasn’t as good as last game, but still good. If no-one else is joining, then we will probably move to odds on favourites to go down.

I find it strange that despite the new guys coming in, we still seem to have the same failings. Last time QotS visited was possibly the worst display of the season. Winning next week would be a brilliant way of going into the Alloa game. Getting beat next week would be a massive psychological blow. Draws will get us nowhere other than relegated.

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I can't quite understand the levels of negativity on here. We managed to score 2 goals at home, and should really have got a 3rd and winner with Rudden's chance at the end. We came from behind twice and managed to get a point against a team challenging for playoffs when last week it seemed all rosey because we got a point against a 10 man team at the bottom of the league. Is this just because Partick got a result yesterday and less of how we actually performed? 

Don’t think so. The Partick game was two weeks ago, when players were chucked in at the deep end. Two weeks later, and the defence didn’t look any better in terms of organisation.

We still haven’t won at home.

Managing to get a point from teams challenging for a play off place effectively leaves only Dunfermline Alloa and Partick as the games where a win is a realistic prospect. That’s not going to be good enough, it really isn’t.

ICT could just as easily scored a third goal.

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t think so. The Partick game was two weeks ago, when players were chucked in at the deep end. Two weeks later, and the defence didn’t look any better in terms of organisation.

It was a back 4 yesterday rather than a back 5 so they were always going to be more exposed. Very little protection from the midfield so it felt as though they were always chasing their tails.

If we manage a win against qos then 2 wins and 2 draws in the first 4 games this year is a fantastic return and very promising for our chance of survival. We need to put things into perspective and remember where we were. Mckinnon is not as stubborn as Hartley and I believe he sees the frailties we all do and will act upon them sooner rather than later. 

If we manage a win against qos then 2 wins and 2 draws in the first 4 games this year is a fantastic return and very promising for our chance of survival. We need to put things into perspective and remember where we were. Mckinnon is not as stubborn as Hartley and I believe he sees the frailties we all do and will act upon them sooner rather than later. 

He has 4 days.

In some ways I am glad we struggled for an hour yesterday because it has shown those holding the purse strings we are still 2/3 short still.

More than likely, aye. I make it four in at the moment? Assuming that there is still a limit on numbers. 
Isnt there rules about how many you can do in a season? Maybe thats just from other Scottish clubs... But we have had Irving Haber and Rudden maybe counts as two based on what someone was saying on Pars thread about if Keena went back. We have DKD aswell.... Not sure if we can take anyone else. That makes Rays job all the harder....

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:
More than likely, aye. I make it four in at the moment? Assuming that there is still a limit on numbers. 

Isnt there rules about how many you can do in a season? Maybe thats just from other Scottish clubs... But we have had Irving Haber and Rudden maybe counts as two based on what someone was saying on Pars thread about if Keena went back. We have DKD aswell.... Not sure if we can take anyone else. That makes Rays job all the harder....

Needing the Queens man to clear up !!

I thought it was four from Scottish clubs and unlimited outside Scotland

12 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Don’t believe this, as McKinnon himself has said we’re after a CB and a striker.

IMG_3897.jpg

We nearly have more midfielders than a John Hughes squad, cant see a midfielder being in our sights, perhaps a pre contract but not now

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We must be fucked for loans now are we?

No. You're allowed four domestic loans at any one time.

We currently have only Rudden and Keillor-Dunn.

Burgoyne and Lavery are international loans; you can have as many of those as you like.

I actually had the same thought as you a couple of weeks back and looked it up. The SPFL rules & regs can be downloaded from their website. Sections 57 and 60 give you the details. There are no sections about total number of loans in a season.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

If we were to get another three in the next four days, then a RB, a box to box midfielder, and a forward capable of teeing up Rudden and DKD would fit the bill nicely.

Hell of an ask though.