The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Not sure if I’ve missed something, or if my eyes have gone funny, but were the floodlights flickering during the game last night?

Noticed it too. It was when we were 1 up, only on certain bits of the park -  immediate thought was - floodlight failure, match abandoned 

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Not sure if I’ve missed something, or if my eyes have gone funny, but were the floodlights flickering during the game last night?

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Noticed it too. It was when we were 1 up, only on certain bits of the park -  immediate thought was - floodlight failure, match abandoned 

There was certainly something happening that had the team in the control box panicking. I was sitting behind the Ross County goal in the second half taking pics and got a tap on the shoulder from a security guard telling me to switch off my flash and that I shouldn`t be taking pics of the game with a flash!!!  I told her I don`t have a flash on my camera and that my flash was in my bag and I never use it at a game but she still insisted I switch it off as my camera was definitely "flashing".  First time in 15 years I`ve had that one!!!:lol:

25 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

There was certainly something happening that had the team in the control box panicking. I was sitting behind the Ross County goal in the second half taking pics and got a tap on the shoulder from a security guard telling me to switch off my flash and that I shouldn`t be taking pics of the game with a flash!!!  I told her I don`t have a flash on my camera and that my flash was in my bag and I never use it at a game but she still insisted I switch it off as my camera was definitely "flashing".  First time in 15 years I`ve had that one!!!:lol:

It appears they mistook you for a young woman G! 

There was a young lassie who I've never seen before; possibly the Ross County photographer or maybe a student. Her camera was emitting a white light which I noticed myself. Possibly some sort of autofocus assist beam. Hoggy sent security to speak to her and they evidently mixed the two of you up. Easy mistake to make. :P

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It appears they mistook you for a young woman G! 

There was a young lassie who I've never seen before; possibly the Ross County photographer or maybe a student. Her camera was emitting a white light which I noticed myself. Possibly some sort of autofocus assist beam. Hoggy sent security to speak to her and they evidently mixed the two of you up. Easy mistake to make. :P

I knew I should have taken the stilettos off at half time, my feet were killing me!!

5 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Utterly ludicrous. Why are we employing people to monitor camera flashes?

I'm unsure as to why we need a 'football operations manager', a 'match safety officer' and a 'deputy match safety officer' in all honesty. Surely our CEO could be performing these duties.

The chief steward in the main stand seems like a right arsehole as well. Barks orders at the other staff like he's some sort of god.

Edited by EdiBairn

6 hours ago, Hughsie said:

One in the corner of the main stand went out, it flickered a bit then died after our goal, as the chat went with my mate thats all we need to be winning and 80th min or so the floodlights die

A quick look at all the lights afterwards seen that quite a few are needed to be replaced

Getting properly excited about never seeing Dallison or Sammut again come January.
Pair of absolute imposters. 

He’s not great but don’t think Sammut deserves to be put in the same bracket as the likes of Dallison, Haber, Lewis etc...

He’s better than shitebag McKee imo.

19 minutes ago, Russ said:

He’s not great but don’t think Sammut deserves to be put in the same bracket as the likes of Dallison, Haber, Lewis etc...

He’s better than shitebag McKee imo.

McKee is at worst a nothing player at this level i.e. you don't notice him playing. Unfortunately, it's hard not to see Dallison and Lewis 'playing' with their incompetence.

8 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I'm unsure as to why we need a 'football operations manager', a 'match safety officer' and a 'deputy match safety officer' in all honesty. Surely our CEO could be performing these duties.

That's a bit like saying "why do we need a safety person?" in a workplace.

I suggest you go away and do some online research into the safety requirements for clubs to stage football matches.

9 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

As if there was any doubt surrounding your level of ignorance, here’s the absolute proof.

Apart from anything else I don’t think we even have a ‘football operations manager’.

44 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

As if there was any doubt surrounding your level of ignorance, here’s the absolute proof.

Apart from anything else I don’t think we even have a ‘football operations manager’.

Sack the board! It's the lack of a 'football operations manager’ that's been holding us back, as any fule nose!

I think the main stumbling block is they expected the msg to hand over their shares in the club for nothing and walk away.

When they are stating they will why is that a stumbling block?

I can see why anyone wouldn't just hand over shares for nothing but then why say you would if you have no intention to do so? Think I'll save up and add to my 400 shares, try a takeover! Although if you were to go from Hughes and May as managers through to Houston and Hartley the only manager I wouldn't have given more time to is Hartley so I can imagine the pelters I'd get on here if I ever was in charge :lol: