The Falkirk FC Thread

Davie Sinclair absolutely screamed at my mate to give him the ball for a throw in once. He was fucking seething. Reckon we weould have been about 13 or 14. I dont recall hating him that much but he was certainly earmarked as a bell end for that instance. 

Was I your mate?

I think he was the first player I really disliked, now I just pick one a season.

This year has been difficult to stick to my target.

2 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

You need to buy a minimum number of shares, was £200 worth a couple of years ago and I haven't seen anything that said this has changed. Back to the board, WITHOUT HINDSIGHT where does the board tell Hartley where to go? our best players (arguably) last season were 2 Watford under 23s, so Hartley says he's getting under 23 players from Chelsea and Brighton, does the board tell him where to go? He signs internationally capped players, does the board tell him where to go? He gets guys on loan from Dundee and hearts, does the board say "no paul"? Would anyone from port vale ever improve our team? If it was so obvious thing were going to be this bad, why weren't people complaining in the summer? Was hartley's record as a manager so bad before us he shouldn't have been taken on? Why didn't people complain then. 10 years down here and it seems the board are being blamed for not seeing setanta collapse, rangers going bust and backing our managers to sign players! 

Setanta collapse affected everyone not just us. That was used as an excuse by the bod to cover up for their decision to give May and Pressley the managers job.  The right bod's make the right decisions . They fecked up appointing Hartley and whether we agreed with the decision means bugger all as the buck stops with them.

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Setanta collapse affected everyone not just us. That was used as an excuse by the bod to cover up for their decision to give May and Pressley the managers job.  The right bod's make the right decisions . They fecked up appointing Hartley and whether we agreed with the decision means bugger all as the buck stops with them.

How on earth can you criticise directors for appointing the best candidate for the job at the time, who had a proven track record and the support of fans? They're not fortune tellers- they had as much idea as the rest of us that it would end in disaster.

Edited by EdiBairn

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

How on earth can you criticise directors for appointing the best candidate for the job at the time, who had a proven track record and the support of fans? They're not fortune tellers- they had as much idea as the rest of us that it would end in disaster.

Would be interesting to know how much real digging we did regarding Hartley before we appointed him.  His treatment of players etc when at Falkirk can't have been a one off.  Did we make enquires at his past clubs about what type of manager he was?One decent look into the way he behaved in his personal life would've waved a red flag to me straight away.  The fact that he got the boot only a couple of games into the season says to me there was more to it than just a bad start to the campaign.  So  again  how much due dilligence was carried out on Hartley before we took him on?

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Would be interesting to know how much real digging we did regarding Hartley before we appointed him.  His treatment of players etc when at Falkirk can't have been a one off.  Did we make enquires at his past clubs about what type of manager he was?One decent look into the way he behaved in his personal life would've waved a red flag to me straight away.  The fact that he got the boot only a couple of games into the season says to me there was more to it than just a bad start to the campaign.  So  again  how much due dilligence was carried out on Hartley before we took him on?

Nobody gives a f**k if a manager is a complete b*****d, makes the players cry for mummy or if he shags goats on a Sunday - what matters is results and Hartley's record in this league was decent. 

McKinnon's record is making Raith into promotion candidates and giving Morton their best start to the league in years. I couldn't care less if he tucks the players in at night and tells them bedtime stories.

Unless they're one of the bigot sisters or a racist c**t like Malky Mackay, managers should be judged on results. 

40 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The same people criticising the board now would've been straight on here demanding their resignations if it came out that they hadn't let Hartley sign the players he wanted. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I don't agree with you much, but this is spot on.

One place where Shadwell is correct, is that despite results not being the boards fault, people up the tree in business eventually need to fall on their sword, in much the same way that managers often get ousted. It might unfair based on the circumstances but it will have to happen if we go down. It is their ship after all.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Nobody gives a f**k if a manager is a complete b*****d, makes the players cry for mummy or if he shags goats on a Sunday - what matters is results and Hartley's record in this league was decent. 

McKinnon's record is making Raith into promotion candidates and giving Morton their best start to the league in years. I couldn't care less if he tucks the players in at night and tells them bedtime stories.

Unless they're one of the bigot sisters or a racist c**t like Malky Mackay, managers should be judged on results. 

I really couldnt care less either and i couldnt give a feck whether they appoint the fans choice either as long as the guy signs top players and wins us the league.  Over the past ten years the bod have consistantly failed to find a manager capable of doing that though and we're now further away from the top flight than ever so the bod are 100% culpable for the situation we find ourselves in.

Seems to me we want three things from a manager - good coaching ability, tactical nous on match days and an eye for signing good players. The best we've had in the last ten years was Houston who got the first two right but was woeful in signing players.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Seems to me we want three things from a manager - good coaching ability, tactical nous on match days and an eye for signing good players. The best we've had in the last ten years was Houston who got the first two right but was woeful in signing players.

Recrtuitment is the most important out of the three as it doesn't matter what you do with the other two if you've got shit players.  Since we came down you could probably count your really good signings on one hand just about whilst you'd be running out of digits for the pish ones especially after this summers debacle.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

That would make Pressley our best manager

His signings were still shite in the main. A few obvious gems but still too many duffers to get us in the mix for a title challenge. To give us a chance of promotion you can only afford one mistake or perhaps two if your lucky  in a season.  Our managers since relegation have been hitting about 50 % in competent signings never mind really good.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One place where Shadwell is correct, is that despite results not being the boards fault, people up the tree in business eventually need to fall on their sword, in much the same way that managers often get ousted. It might unfair based on the circumstances but it will have to happen if we go down. It is their ship after all.

If it's the responsibility of the coaching staff to put winners on the pitch, it's the board's job to put winners in the dugout.

19 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

If it's the responsibility of the coaching staff to put winners on the pitch, it's the board's job to put winners in the dugout.

Yeah although its also the responsibility of the board to ensure that the manager has the tools necessary to put winners on the pitch.  One thing I won't complain about is the size of our budget which should be more than good enough to have us challenging these last two seasons instead of fighting off relegation. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah although its also the responsibility of the board to ensure that the manager has the tools necessary to put winners on the pitch.  One thing I won't complain about is the size of our budget which should be more than good enough to have us challenging these last two seasons instead of fighting off promotion. 

To be fair, we have a tremendous track record of “fighting off promotion”.

Quick question does anyone know if there is a list containing all MSG's and are they all Falkirk fans? 

The MSG is

Colin Liddell
Sandy Alexander
Douglas McIntyre
Martin Ritchie
Lex Miller
William Moffat

Technically Paul Healey has enough shares to be part of the group but never takes any interest