The Falkirk FC Thread

It's the loss of momentum that's the biggest problem a few seasons ago we were a match for hibs, rangers and hearts and had a few good cup runs. Now we are at the lowest point I can remember. We don't have one player that's worth watching, no hope in the cups and it looks like we're going down.. The fans largely remain loyal however and that is truly amazing, how long that patience will last I don't know but most of my mates (all season ticket holders) are going to give Tuesday a miss. Its a warning we should heed because if fans lose  the habit they generally don't come back! One of the directors needs to get pitch side on Tuesday and give as a rallying cry or at least man up and  apologise. The continued silence is deafening!! 

Lang to get shitfaced at the Curry Club and do her version of Delia

The post match interview given by the manager to FTV was very revealing. He has reached the stage where he can barely contain his disgust at the standard of player that he has to work with.
He knows that there is nothing he can do with this squad to make them competitive .

What bugs me is that we've two better players in Robson & Russell who he won't play than some of the chancers on the pitch. I'm 100% sure that either of them would do a better job than Paton even being played so far out of position!

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

What bugs me is that we've two better players in Robson & Russell who he won't play than some of the chancers on the pitch. I'm 100% sure that either of them would do a better job than Paton even being played so far out of position!

There must be a reason for it. No idea what it is though. Russell can't even make the bench most of the time. 

I'd even throw in a couple of the reserve kids. They'll be useless, but they might learn something from the experience.
If nothing else, when they're stacking shelves in the Camelon Tesco in a few years they can tell tales of their career.
Or it could completely ruin them playing in a shite atmosphere and getting booed. You can't throw young guys into a situation like this

1 hour ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:
I'd even throw in a couple of the reserve kids. They'll be useless, but they might learn something from the experience.
If nothing else, when they're stacking shelves in the Camelon Tesco in a few years they can tell tales of their career.

Or it could completely ruin them playing in a shite atmosphere and getting booed. You can't throw young guys into a situation like this

Plenty of guys in our youth team/reserves never play a first team game. You can't ruin what's already shite.

Russell and McKinnon don’t see eye to eye after what happened with them at Morton. Although I’d at least have him in the squad, I can understand this situation.

Robson hasn’t played for two managers now. Unless he is playing at wing back, he won’t get a game.

Whilst it’s not McKinnons team, his team selection can be criticised. Paton every game? Apart from one decent half at Ayr, the guy offers nothing.

Russell and McKinnon don’t see eye to eye after what happened with them at Morton. Although I’d at least have him in the squad, I can understand this situation.

Robson hasn’t played for two managers now. Unless he is playing at wing back, he won’t get a game.

Whilst it’s not McKinnons team, his team selection can be criticised. Paton every game? Apart from one decent half at Ayr, the guy offers nothing.
Know whats even worse than that... Paton on the set pieces.

I hate Paul Paton higher than the sky.

25 minutes ago, Trump said:

That's where I'm at. I said when he came in he couldn't be criticised until January and he brought in a team, but I'm changing my mind on that. 

Even with this shitshow of a squad he's making mistakes. Probably not costing us points as no combination of players we have make us competitive, but it's fucking me off to see shite like Sammut, Paton and Dallison play at all 

I have to laugh at the “board backed Hartley with the budget” comments. The manager get a budget the club can afford generated by revenue from the supporters. It is not like they are using their own money. It’s our money they are using

If the board are thinking of taking the hit of relegation rather than investing to compete in January then that would be the final straw for me with this board.

Absolutely no way I'd be renewing my season ticket for league 1 in that case. If we go down we'll go down with a fight otherwise what's the point in the club?

If the board are thinking of taking the hit of relegation rather than investing to compete in January then that would be the final straw for me with this board.
Absolutely no way I'd be renewing my season ticket for league 1 in that case. If we go down we'll go down with a fight otherwise what's the point in the club?
Yep. Seems to be talk of "if we blow the cash on avoiding relegation what is there for next season?"

Well next season might be another relegation battle, it might be mid table mediocrity, but id rather both of those things in the Championship than in the Seaside Leagues taking a chance.

What if Partick Thistle end up in the more beside us? Then we wouldnt even be the money team in League 1 then suddenly we are two seasons or more down there?

The logic seems to be there might be nothing left to get back to a promotion push next season. Bottom line is we have no divine right to that and we have a major f**k up to fix. Adding another major f**k up like consigning ourselves to a league below would be absolutely ludicrous logic.

I don't think anyone is saying the board shouldn't fund a fight against relegation if we have a chance but there's no point throwing good money after bad.

We might have only 3 points on January 1st. That should be a laughable bit of hyperbole but it's not. It's genuinely a possibility. 

If that's the case is there a point spending money on loan deals, short term contracts on the likes of Buaban? 

Got to look at how many points Alloa will get this season and whether it's possible to get past them. They're likely to get around 25-27ish. I now don't think we can get to mid twenties.

Yep. Seems to be talk of "if we blow the cash on avoiding relegation what is there for next season?"

Well next season might be another relegation battle, it might be mid table mediocrity, but id rather both of those things in the Championship than in the Seaside Leagues taking a chance.

What if Partick Thistle end up in the more beside us? Then we wouldnt even be the money team in League 1 then suddenly we are two seasons or more down there?

The logic seems to be there might be nothing left to get back to a promotion push next season. Bottom line is we have no divine right to that and we have a major f**k up to fix. Adding another major f**k up like consigning ourselves to a league below would be absolutely ludicrous logic.

If it means the club surviving or not that will be their choice imo.

For sure we won’t have the money to throw at January and fail and do the same in the summer.

Not sure it is as black and white as some seem to think.

I am amazed some STILL haven’t had their fill of this board already.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

If it means the club surviving or not that will be their choice imo.

For sure we won’t have the money to throw at January and fail and do the same in the summer.

Not sure it is as black and white as some seem to think.

I am amazed some STILL haven’t had their fill of this board already.

I honestly dont know enough about the board situation and all the behind the scenes. 

I am not prepared to blame them for what we are seeing on the park though. That goes to Hartley and Mitch. I think any shouts about how the board should have seen this coming or stepped in are unrealistic. 

Football is not about dropping down leagues in some strategic business plan. We will need to cut our cloth accordingly to stay in this league, then consolidate, then move on again. If we look like we have deliberately dropped a league without a fight, then I will be a seething mess at the board.