The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You can drop this one that one and the other one all you wish but the reality is out of the whole squad no more that 2/3 are of the required standard. You only need look at the goalkeeper yesterday. Everyone thinks Fasan is shite, happy to have Mitchell in and he lets in a howler to know we have nothing waiting in the wings that is better than we have at the moment.

What people seem to forget is that Jack Ross had the backbone of 2/3 decent young players and one or two decent senior pros. In some respects Hartley had that too last season.

We won’t be the only side recruiting in January. We will have to pay over the top to get the standard required. I see little prospect we will be close enough by then to even have a chance.

You could by then argue we write it off, keep our cash and buy our way back up.

I get it, its like the clammer for Robson, however these two are the pinnacle for me of bad decisions.

I'm kinda in the place for going down and recruit a future team, almost like Livi did, to get us in a stronger longer term position rather than spurge on some half season hope which gets us in a worse financial state and in some way renegotiate our stadium council deal.

Cant believe I said that out loud, hope I'm wrong.

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You could by then argue we write it off, keep our cash and buy our way back up.

I'm approaching this stage tbh. Seeing plenty people say "relegation would be more expensive than spending money in January" - what if we do both and have a double hit? 

17 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

My only issue with the salt the earth and go to the seaside leagues is that I could see this clownfuckery of a board managing to have us in League One for 5 years...

No we don’t want the seaside leagues. For one it would be a total embarrassment for the club and also the level of football we would have to watch would be terrible. I can’t see any positives in it.

I even think Dallison, Harrison, Haber, Paton and Lewis would be shit at that level.

If it doesnt matter then whats the point in even being a fan? Are you saying you are happy to continue to watch Paul Paton and Aaron Muirheads performances, fully sure that a quarter of the way through a season, our fate is sealed?

Whats the point in going to the games then?

Will we all just chuck it?

Lewis Kidd and Joe McKee are better than Aero and Paton. I am not saying they are good, I am not saying they are good enough. I am simply saying they are better than the current nick of these two clowns.

Petra on the right in place of Sammut and move Sammut infield is better than Paton.

Literally anything is better than Paton. If we go down we will have deserved to go down, but I cant sit here and accept that wage stealing c**t get a game because "ach wer fucked anyway"

I am not suggesting that but I am not happy watching Dallison, Muirhead, Brough, Sammutt, Fasan, Mitchell, Kidd, McKee, Harrison, Lewis, Petra either.

My point is until the lot are replaced then we can keep shuffling the decks - it won’t matter. The two you mention are horrific but so are the rest.

Fundamentally IF we manage to get out of this we will be burning a huge wedge in January probably on short term quality loans and older fringe players. What is that going to do for next years budget? We will have had two years of turmoil and the fans are not going to put their trust in management of a club like they did last summer so cash could be difficult next season as a result.

Remember last season saw us bring in 400k for Kingsley, 200k Gallagher, 300k for a televised cup 1/4 final, good ST, decent strip sales, and six figures from Little Mix. That is why we now have cash. Will that be there next summer to properly rebuild the club. Will the fans trust Campbell and Lang? Of course some will buy anyway but many won’t. Very very difficult times

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Remember last season saw us bring in 400k for Kingsley, 200k Gallagher, 300k for a televised cup 1/4 final, good ST, decent strip sales, and six figures from Little Mix. That is why we now have cash.

The club has cash because it no longer loses £600k before any of this sort of unpredictable stuff comes in. Previously these losses just soaked up this cash and didn’t improve the bank balance. This is also why it will have money to invest in January.

The club has cash because it no longer loses £600k before any of this sort of unpredictable stuff comes in. Previously these losses just soaked up this cash and didn’t improve the bank balance. This is also why it will have money to invest in January.

You won’t get this windfall again. Lower gates, sponsorship, shop sales etc... will add further pressure

I think the BoD will keep their powder dry, and see where we are closer to Christmas. If we are sitting on 3 points, and are something close to 15 points adrift, the decision may well be made to just let it happen.

If on the other hand, we are less than 10 points behind, they might take some interest in what McKinnon thinks is possible. I am sure the manager has already given the BoD the lowdown on every player currently at the club (in case they couldn’t work it out for themselves).

We currently hold all three wooden spoons.....fewest points, fewest goals scored, most goals conceded. To top it all, we are now 9/2 against to win on Tuesday (it could be 10/1, and it would still be stingy). RC are actually two to one ON to beat us at our own ground.

Hartley and Mitch. The special ones.

Anyone else reckon if it’s left as it is, we could be looking at a record low points total for the second flight?

I don't. However, I do expect cash in the bank to be used in circumstances like this. It's pretty much what rainy day money is put aside. Spend it in January, or use it next season to plug the massive drop in revenue re season tickets, sponsorship money etc.

This isn’t a rainy day it’s the beginning of monsoon season.

42 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I dont think there's anything this season could throw at us that would come a s a surprise, short of a winning run of games. It's grim, and will be for a long time.

Actually looking forward to the end of the season.

10 points adrift at Christmas could well be too much, unless we manage to sign some fucking team on loan.

I rememeber hearing a few folk(2) getting half season tickets for part of their xmas last year and thinking by fuk you would have prefered socks surely, this season youd prefer torture by a hot poker.

I think the BoD will keep their powder dry, and see where we are closer to Christmas. If we are sitting on 3 points, and are something close to 15 points adrift, the decision may well be made to just let it happen.
If on the other hand, we are less than 10 points behind, they might take some interest in what McKinnon thinks is possible. I am sure the manager has already given the BoD the lowdown on every player currently at the club (in case they couldn’t work it out for themselves).
We currently hold all three wooden spoons.....fewest points, fewest goals scored, most goals conceded. To top it all, we are now 9/2 against to win on Tuesday (it could be 10/1, and it would still be stingy). RC are actually two to one ON to beat us at our own ground.
Hartley and Mitch. The special ones.
Anyone else reckon if it’s left as it is, we could be looking at a record low points total for the second flight?

Coachable

It's amazing how our fortunes have changed. Just looked at the league fixtures and in the past you'd have not feared anyone but I'm really struggling to find games where we can get 3 points. McKinnon needs to either work miracles or get some players in before January. I think the gap will be too much if we can't pick up around 9 or 10 points pre new year.
I think Godwin and co will be out of sight and remember they'll be able to strengthen too. I think we better look out them buckets and spades and conserve cash for next season.
What a mess,
I remember posting not that long ago that I hoped to f@$& Hartley knew what he was doing?
F@$&ing criminal what's happened to us and been allowed to happen

4 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

It's amazing how our fortunes have changed. Just looked at the league fixtures and in the past you'd have not feared anyone but I'm really struggling to find games where we can get 3 points. McKinnon needs to either work miracles or get some players in before January. I think the gap will be too much if we can't pick up around 9 or 10 points pre new year.
I think Godwin and co will be out of sight and remember they'll be able to strengthen too. I think we better look out them buckets and spades and conserve cash for next season.
What a mess,
I remember posting not that long ago that I hoped to f@$& Hartley knew what he was doing?
F@$&ing criminal what's happened to us and been allowed to happen

It's the loss of momentum that's the biggest problem a few seasons ago we were a match for hibs, rangers and hearts and had a few good cup runs. Now we are at the lowest point I can remember. We don't have one player that's worth watching, no hope in the cups and it looks like we're going down.. The fans largely remain loyal however and that is truly amazing, how long that patience will last I don't know but most of my mates (all season ticket holders) are going to give Tuesday a miss. Its a warning we should heed because if fans lose  the habit they generally don't come back! One of the directors needs to get pitch side on Tuesday and give as a rallying cry or at least man up and  apologise. The continued silence is deafening!! 

It's the loss of momentum that's the biggest problem a few seasons ago we were a match for hibs, rangers and hearts and had a few good cup runs. Now we are at the lowest point I can remember. We don't have one player that's worth watching, no hope in the cups and it looks like we're going down.. The fans largely remain loyal however and that is truly amazing, how long that patience will last I don't know but most of my mates (all season ticket holders) are going to give Tuesday a miss. Its a warning we should heed because if fans lose  the habit they generally don't come back! One of the directors needs to get pitch side on Tuesday and give as a rallying cry or at least man up and  apologise. The continued silence is deafening!! 
A rallying cry or an apology from a director?

Na, not arsed for that tbh. Hopefully happens before I take my seat.

This is as big a mess the team has been since George Millar was the manager and it took near 10 years to recover. The aim for McKinnon is to be 7-9 points behind 2nd bottom come the transfer window. Oh how our expectations have changed. We cannot defend. We cannot dominate the middle of the park. We cannot score goals. McKinnon is no mug and knows what he has got to work with and so do the support.  Go defensive ? nope we cannot keep a clean sheet. Go all out attack ? nope we cannot score goals. Our only option is to stifle the middle of the park.  Cuts down the chance to score against us but leaves the chance for the odd breakaway. If that means reverse sweeper and man to man marking then so be it.   Dig out draws and the fluke win and hope !