23 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd play this on Tuesday:

Mitchell

Kidd Muirhead McGhee Robson

Sammut

McKee  Buaben Dunne

Irving

Rudden

Doesn’t matter who we play, we’re pretty much certain to get beat, without scoring as well.

It’s genuinely pointless going to watch this shower until we get to January and hope we can get at least 6 new players in. 

My big issue with the big January rebuild is who’s going to be available?

I just can’t see who, realistically, we’re going to be able to bring in that is of the quality required to salvage this. It’s not six jersey fillers we need; we need six game changers. It ain’t happening.

Edited by Hughsie

Just now, Hughsie said:

I just can’t see who, realistically, we’re going to be able to bring back in that is of the quality required to salvage this. It’s not six jersey fillers we need; we need six game changers. It ain’t happening.

Agreed. I’m all but sure we’re as good as down already.

I just can’t see who, realistically, we’re going to be able to bring in that is of the quality required to salvage this. It’s not six jersey fillers we need; we need six game changers. It ain’t happening.
I think the loans will be vital. Those will be the guys who are of higher quality but not getting a game at their team so want to go out on loan for regular football.

There might be some guys who teams are looking to offload that we might sign. Hamilton let Longridge go last year so we could sign him

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I despise Paul Hartley for what’s he’s done to the club I love however it’s gross negligence from the board to have sat back and let this happen.

We are going down this season without a doubt. It’s unrealistic for anyone to think we have a chance after January. That would mean replacing a whole team and the new players to gel and hit the ground running immediately. It’s not going to happen.

Its fucking devastating to watch this happen.

Jack Ross pulled it off with st mirren  ! not over by any means .

I believe the BoD will invest heavily in January, including their own funds if necessary.

They will spend but I know for a fact it won’t be their own money.

The Chairman for example has no shares in the club and the CEO, and Commercial Director are paid employees. That leaves three others. MR has publicly said he won’t invest any more money and the other two don’t invest either.

If you are going to post about these things at least know the facts Sheps.

According to Jim Spence we have money in the bank and we’ll need to give a good sum to Ray to keep us up. I have no idea if he actually knows the first part of that or if he’s just presuming.

He is correct.

1 hour ago, Bofabairn said:

Fans, including season ticket holders, not going to home games might send a message.

Anger with the manager and players is pointless. An empty stadium against Ross County might make more of a statement. Plus we'd only be missing a humping on a bitterly cold night!

The message being we are scared of the cold

Apologies if you are at that age where the cold is a killer

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I disagree totally. You're going to keep us up.

Bollox.

Even if we went on a mad run and zoomed up the table you are still better than Alloa and Partick. You're going to sit quite happily in the Kingdom of Journeymania with Morton and QOS.

So can the faux misery please. 

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I despise Paul Hartley for what’s he’s done to the club I love however it’s gross negligence from the board to have sat back and let this happen.

We are going down this season without a doubt. It’s unrealistic for anyone to think we have a chance after January. That would mean replacing a whole team and the new players to gel and hit the ground running immediately. It’s not going to happen.

Its fucking devastating to watch this happen.

Tragically magnificent post, echoes my own feelings however I'll take issue with one part: the board did not sit back and let this happen, they heralded it. They championed it.

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

He has to be defensive to try and grid out draws until January. We'd be getting skudded 5 and 6 nil every week if we went for it. 

While your post is reasonable and maybe even correct we seem genuinely incapable of keeping a clean sheet and we are getting skudded every week anyway.  Grinding out draws just doesn't seem possible for this team.

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Jack Ross pulled it off with st mirren  ! not over by any means .

I was thinking of absolute dross teams in the league in the early part of the season in recent years who turnt it around.

Dumbarton (under Murray) and The Midden (under Ross) both managed it but there was an instant impact with the new managers each time which you don't have. St. Mirren also had the luxury of a few young players they sold off to fund the new players coming in.

Your situation is more akin to us under Allan Moore when he offered absolute charlatans like Kabba Cham 2 year deals. Our new manager spent half the time trying to get the guff he had signed to leave and signed practically anyone (Gary O'Connor FFS) in the hope it fitted. No settled squad, the ones that remained lost all belief, and the hope that the guys coming in would be any good was flung directly into the bin because we'd spunked our money signing shite, paying off Moore and appointing Kenny Shiels.

Yer doon.

While your post is reasonable and maybe even correct we seem genuinely incapable of keeping a clean sheet and we are getting skudded every week anyway.  Grinding out draws just doesn't seem possible for this team.

For me, not only are the players not good enough, their heart is not in it either. As soon as we go behind the players start hiding and you just know we are not going to get back into it.
I said a couple of weeks ago that I don’t particularly rate McKinnon and I don’t see much sign of real motivation or determination in too many. Some of the players appear to be too scared to even hit the ball when they get anywhere near shooting positions.
I can’t agree with some others comments on here that we look better organised. Better organised than the last time we played QoS? Yes, but that was by far our worst display this season and that’s saying something....

I was at the Ayr game today, with a mate who supports them and I have almost forgotten what it is like to be in a stand with supporters who have a winning team on the park. 

On the plus side, thistle are fucking rank, unless they improve dramatically I can't see them picking up that many points this season. If by some sort of miracle we become a football team at some point during the season they shouldn't be too far above us.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

We got a clean sheet at Alloa and would've done last week except for Fasan's idiocy.

Even if we wanted to "go for it", who do we have that's going to pose any kind of threat to opposition defences? Petravicius? Lewis? Haber?

We simply don't have the quality required to win games at this level, so the best hope we've got of being competitive is sitting in and trying not to concede.