The Falkirk FC Thread

I despise Paul Hartley for what’s he’s done to the club I love however it’s gross negligence from the board to have sat back and let this happen.

We are going down this season without a doubt. It’s unrealistic for anyone to think we have a chance after January. That would mean replacing a whole team and the new players to gel and hit the ground running immediately. It’s not going to happen.

Its fucking devastating to watch this happen.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I despise Paul Hartley for what’s he’s done to the club I love however it’s gross negligence from the board to have sat back and let this happen.

We are going down this season without a doubt. It’s unrealistic for anyone to think we have a chance after January. That would mean replacing a whole team and the new players to gel and hit the ground running immediately. It’s not going to happen.

Maybe we have the players on 2yr contracts on relegation release clauses......probably not

Need to calm down a bit. Take it from a guy experienced in following a team fighting relegation over the years. You only need to out point part time Alloa to get a shot in the play offs. That might mean playing Raith which might be tricky tbf. All is not lost, yet.

21 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Need to calm down a bit. Take it from a guy experienced in following a team fighting relegation over the years. You only need to out point part time Alloa to get a shot in the play offs. That might mean playing Raith which might be tricky tbf. All is not lost, yet.

Alloa are not going down, good manager and owner alligned to give there all to stay up. I said a few weeks ago they would start to pick up points. Morton and partick are our best bets, but too be honest I've just got back from Dumfries and our defence has lost confidence and belief our midfield is pedestrian and our front two wouldn't get a game for Alloa.In short the players have given up the ghost. We were not at the races and I would only give Mitchell and Irvine any plaudits. The only good news is we've needed a change at the top for quite some time and hopefully this latest escalation of the  third lanark project will be halted ASAP and I predict  its the end of the road for some I'm sure. We have more  chiefs than Indians and I sense the fans have had enough. GTF and soon please. 

Edited by Stainrod

16 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

According to Jim Spence we have money in the bank and we’ll need to give a good sum to Ray to keep us up. I have no idea if he actually knows the first part of that or if he’s just presuming.

Its a massive task for Ray and I am not 100% sure he is up to it, far too defensive for my liking my thoughts on him and it is begining to filter through again

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Its a massive task for Ray and I am not 100% sure he is up to it, far too defensive for my liking my thoughts on him and it is begining to filter through again

He has to be defensive to try and grind out draws until January. We'd be getting skudded 5 and 6 nil every week if we went for it. 

Edited by EdiBairn

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

He has to be defensive to try and grid out draws until January. We'd be getting skudded 5 and 6 nil every week if we went for it. 

Its our defensive frailties that are causing us to get beat, we are in no way in a position to grind out draws and shouldnt be

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I’m not sure what it’s going to take.

Fans, including season ticket holders, not going to home games might send a message.

Anger with the manager and players is pointless. An empty stadium against Ross County might make more of a statement. Plus we'd only be missing a humping on a bitterly cold night!

I said week's ago most of this team wouldn't get a game at second division teams. 
I've changed my mind, some should not be anywhere near playing professional football at all. 

This is the part that makes me feel bad for them, its not their fault that they’re shite! Its the fault of the scout and Hartley for bringing them here . For many of them this will be the year that there childhood dream of being a professional footballer will come to an end. Cant be easy that and most players who wont make the cut dont get near a senior squad and are instead let down gently . Not so for these lads

5 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

Fans, including season ticket holders, not going to home games might send a message.

Anger with the manager and players is pointless. An empty stadium against Ross County might make more of a statement. Plus we'd only be missing a humping on a bitterly cold night!

Christ don't do that.

If you don't have crowds to boast of, all self respect will be gone.

The team played better today first half but still far too little quality in the last third. The problem is you can see as soon as they concede they crumble to bits. 

Only by getting a proper RB, two midfielders and likely 2 forwards can we even think about getting out this mess. Two of those need to be real leaders who by rights shouldn’t be playing for a team rooted to the bottom of the championship based on superior ability.