Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Mitchell is our one armed goalie. 

Going by the Dun Utd highlights I already thought you had a one armed goalie....

Going by the Dun Utd highlights I already thought you had a one armed goalie....
That was the one with the single brain cell you seen.

Was spending a bit of time last night trying to think of all the utter horror decisions that our club has made over the past decade or so.
1) Convincing our fans that 7th place in the SPL wasn't good enough for us and getting our fans convinced we were going for "The Next Level"
2) Hughes throwing money away on signing his old, injury-prone pals whereas before we'd been a successful team with young, hungry players (the decision to replace Jack Ross with Jackie McNamara was particularly criminal)
3) Giving Eddie May longer than three weeks when it was plainly obvious by September that he was hopelessly out of his depth and going to get us relegated
4) Replacing May with Pressley
5) Giving Pressley more time after him making a pigsty of our post-split fixtures in our last SPL season
5.5) Being told at a fans' meeting that we were financially on the verge of going bankrupt only to have our Chairman at the same meeting telling us we were still looking to pay for a fourth stand
6) "Our Time"
7) Giving Peter Houston longer than three weeks when it was plainly obvious by September that he was hopelessly out of his depth and going to get us relegated
8) Allowing Hartley to sign so many untried and untested players
9) The hot-tub
Anything else?

Hot-tub brought in a very decent sum as a one off advert, as did the “Crane” advertising. The latter led to a significant sum being given over for the back of the shirt sponsor.

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I still can't figure out what was supposed to be happening there. Baffling doesn't quite cover it.

A line said by many Falkirk fans at 4.50 on a Saturday

27 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

A line said by many Falkirk fans at 4.50 on a Saturday

I usually say that when I see the team sheet before the game starts. 

3 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I still can't figure out what was supposed to be happening there. Baffling doesn't quite cover it. 

Me when I see Aaron Muirhead at right back and realise he has been playing there since 2015.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Me when I see Aaron Muirhead at right back and realise he has been playing there since 2015.

Can't even blame it on brexit. Did we just give up when we canned Duffie? 

I mean, there has to be a right back of reasonable quality somewhere daft enough to sign for us? 

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Can't even blame it on brexit. Did we just give up when we canned Duffie? 

I mean, there has to be a right back of reasonable quality somewhere daft enough to sign for us? 

At this rate I would take Gary Irvine until January. 

33 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

At this rate I would take Gary Irvine until January. 

I'd take him to the end of the season if it gets Muirhead out of the defence. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, bud1876 said:
That was the one with the single brain cell you seen.

Paul Paton?

Paul? His first name's Paul? I thought it was Ferfuxxakes 

I obviously wasn't being serious about the hot-tub!

Anton Rodgers on trail. Whilst I doubt he’s likely to solve he issues, at least we seem to be doing something.  

Edited by BountyBairn

Rodgers seems to have had a middle of the road career that has been on a gentle downward glide path for a wee while now. Haven’t a clue if he is the player to provide the front players with a decent supply line, or if he is the type of player to disrupt opposition attacks, but right here, right now, if he is good enough, he could virtually have his pick of any midfield berth as there is absolutely no-one who owns their midfield slot.

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Obviously I am all for more female involvement in football but NOT like this.  Please NOT like this.

Obviously aimed at a bit of publicity for the dance group,  but in all seriousness, it’s the sort of thing that should make any male not in their age group look away in embarrassment. In simple terms, it just looks so wrong.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Rodgers seems to have had a middle of the road career that has been on a gentle downward glide path for a wee while now. Haven’t a clue if he is the player to provide the front players with a decent supply line, or if he is the type of player to disrupt opposition attacks, but right here, right now, if he is good enough, he could virtually have his pick of any midfield berth as there is absolutely no-one who owns their midfield slot.

Described as a 'play maker' 

8 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Described as a 'play maker' 

Hardly going to describe himself as shite. He'll go straight I to the team either way.