The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Never seen Rodgers play but he has a good number of appearances for Swindon a couple of years back. Certainly wouldn't write him off straight away based on playing Conference South.

It's the total lack of goals that worries me more than anything. He has the playing experience I guess, but on paper he doesn't look much better than what we have already. If we sign him, we can but hope he finds goals in him. 

It's the total lack of goals that worries me more than anything. He has the playing experience I guess, but on paper he doesn't look much better than what we have already. If we sign him, we can but hope he finds goals in him. 
Isn't he a midfielder?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yaasss! I love it when fans come out with this shite. Brilliant stuff. Obviously massively wide of reality but still very entertaining.

You just tried that wee bit too hard.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

You would be mate. As we all would.

We wouldn’t let our club die.

Fan ownership and a complete rout of the board might convince me. f**k paying any creditor 1p in the pound and then rocking up in the same league the next season. Disgusting.

Why 1p in the £? The Fifers paid 0p in the £.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

It's the fact that folk think it's just an easy process that will always have that result is what I was challenging.

We were a single judgement away from going out of existence. 

Administration isn't just something businesses decide to do because they've had a shit year and want to 'clear the decks'.

Ah, it’s what I thought. You know nowt other than  offering up a dramatically solemn phrase.

30 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

And yet, the with the exception of Gretna, who would have been screwed either way, given they had no funding left, pretty much every club has come through and survived, if not thrived. 

Have they? We've definitely not thrived, Livingston aren't in the Premier league because they were in admin, Dundee are one of the top 6-8 clubs in the country but I think they've only finished there once, etc, etc. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:
Why 1p in the £? The Fifers paid 0p in the £.

Does it matter? Voluntarily treating anyone like that is the lowest of the low. Thats what we are talking about there. Becoming an absolute low life establishment.

Now, the thing is, for administration you need some significant unserviceable debt. Not only do you need to have debt, you need it to be to the right people.....HMRC, Banks, Councils and so forth, and if possible, the fewer assets you have, the better.

When the debts you have are to your own directors for example, your chances of getting a voluntary creditors agreement lie somewhere between slim and none.

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Have they? We've definitely not thrived, Livingston aren't in the Premier league because they were in admin, Dundee are one of the top 6-8 clubs in the country but I think they've only finished there once, etc, etc. 

If you'd had to honour that debt you'd be playing against Inverkeithing and Oakley.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

If you'd had to honour that debt you'd be playing against Inverkeithing and Oakley.

That's nice, everything about that statement is completely and utterly wrong of course, but it's nice all the same. 

What club is better for having gone through administration? What club is thriving for having gone through it? 

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That's nice, everything about that statement is completely and utterly wrong of course, but it's nice all the same. 

What club is better for having gone through administration? What club is thriving for having gone through it? 

Every single one, and fine you know it. How much did Dunfermline write off? Was it £12 million?

Now, imagine you had to honour that debt at half a million a year for the next 24 years. Compared to that, don’t tell me you are not thriving by comparison. What is it about supporters of clubs who write off massive debt that then think they have been through tough times?

Edited by Duncan Freemason

33 minutes ago, Rocco said:
35 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Isn't he a midfielder?

I thought he was a striker, my bad. Point still stands, even though slightly modified. Another player that doesn't score isn't much kop. Hope he can pick out a slide rule pass as that's about the only way our strikers will score. 

I hate being this negative but f**k, it's about all there is left. 

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye but that never happened so tough luck.

Anyway, it's fantasy nonsense to suggest that Falkirk can just go in to administration because they're having a shite season and want to punt the squad.

38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ah, it’s what I thought. You know nowt other than  offering up a dramatically solemn phrase.

You could perhaps ask some questions instead of assuming. Please elaborate on how Falkirk can just go in to administration and wipe out their debts in a straightforward and easy process.