The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Yep, Connor Park is excellent. As is Koszary. They deserve better to be honest. 

What's starting to worry me is how much longer they will want to hang around? I mean, imagine busting your arse to bring in revenue each season, only for your employer to pish it against a wall? Seems to me that anyone that good at their job would want to move on to a better run business. At that point, we are even more fecked than we are already. 

12 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

We have a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner on our board. He is also a vastly experienced accountant who unfortunately is not very good at reading newspapers. You should give him a calll, though he maybe rather busy bending Claire Whyte’s ear.

Personally I’d love  to see you Phoenix as Grangemouth Gormless FC.

I am hoping you are about to take off on another flight of fantasy with some admin legalise. Have you given up on just making stuff up, or do you want to have another go?

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

What's starting to worry me is how much longer they will want to hang around? I mean, imagine busting your arse to bring in revenue each season, only for your employer to pish it against a wall? Seems to me that anyone that good at their job would want to move on to a better run business. At that point, we are even more fecked than we are already. 

Connor Park is a mad keen Falkirk fan. Dream job. Not saying he'll never move on but this is a bit of a busman's holiday.

Relegation will change all this of course. Both will likely go.

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Oh believe me, I do, and when you have millions of pounds worth of debt, it absolutely IS the easy path for football clubs. Why do you think Livingston chose it as a business model?

Have a look at the clubs who chose the administration path (incidentally, we weren’t in admin, we were in provisional liquidation because admin didn’t exist back then).

Where are those clubs now? Forget all the crocodile tears of supporters. Admin is a fabulous way of shedding debt with no responsibility whatsoever for the turmoil it leaves behind.

Yaasss! I love it when fans come out with this shite. Brilliant stuff. Obviously massively wide of reality but still very entertaining.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yaasss! I love it when fans come out with this shite. Brilliant stuff. Obviously massively wide of reality but still very entertaining.

Enlighten us, oh wise one as to why dumping millions in debt in exchange for a couple of hard seasons wasn't ultimately to the benefit of your club? 

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Enlighten us, oh wise one as to why dumping millions in debt in exchange for a couple of hard seasons wasn't ultimately to the benefit of your club? 

It's the fact that folk think it's just an easy process that will always have that result is what I was challenging.

We were a single judgement away from going out of existence. 

Administration isn't just something businesses decide to do because they've had a shit year and want to 'clear the decks'.

It's the fact that folk think it's just an easy process that will always have that result is what I was challenging.
We were a single judgement away from going out of existence. 
Administration isn't just something businesses decide to do because they've had a shit year and want to 'clear the decks'.
Ignore them. The idea of a business going into administration on that basis is fucking ludicrous. The idea of football club, and its supporters with it, being up for administration is blowing my fucking mind.

If I got a sniff that the board of Falkirk took that way out on purpose as an "easy route" I would never be across the turnstile again.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ignore them. The idea of a business going into administration on that basis is fucking ludicrous. The idea of football club, and its supporters with it, being up for administration is blowing my fucking mind.

If I got a sniff that the board of Falkirk took that way out on purpose as an "easy route" I would never be across the turnstile again.

And yet, the with the exception of Gretna, who would have been screwed either way, given they had no funding left, pretty much every club has come through and survived, if not thrived. Didn't say it was easy, or right, I said it had benefitted the clubs involved. 

Meaningless anyway, as we would undoubtedly f**k the paperwork up and go straight into liquidation. 

You would be mate. As we all would.

We wouldn’t let our club die.