The Falkirk FC Thread

Now, Now have you people not read the Chairs Statement. The board is totally blameless; they  did everything on the advise of others. They did nothing at all wrong: in the appointment of Hartley and his cohorts, the appointment of the 'scout' or indeed allowing the signing of the diddies we now have as a team.  We are so fortunate to have such an illustrious CEO and Chair to take our Club to the next level.

Well reality check; I for one don't believe it. Have they never heard of the 'Buck Stops Here' ethos? They got us into this state; now accept responsibility for your mistake, apologise and leave.  And the next level is more likely to be league 1 rather than the Premiership

1 hour ago, ATB1961 said:

If that's true,and I have no reason to doubt the author, what the hell is going on? If Directors don't support the team to the bitter end  we have no chance. Time for big changes me think.

Strictly was back on our screens at 6:15 last night. If he had stayed til the end, then he would have missed the first twenty minutes.

Sold loads of season tickets, sponsors everywhere, everyone on here, the Facebook page and social media all wildly optimistic pre season, strange how the board never seen this disastrous start to the season coming after all, no-one else did! I'd slam the board for hanging a manager out to dry, not backing him so he can't bring in players etc but the cries to sack the board for doing exactly what the vast majority of fans were wanting over the last season and a half is just ridiculous. Paul Hartley on the other hand should never get another job I  football as long as he lives. 

I really don't know what some people want the board to do.

The fans wanted Houston sacked and the board sacked him. Hartley was the overwhelming favourite with the fans to be appointed and the board did so. The fans wanted a clear out on the summer and the board backed him to do so. They then wanted him sacked and the board did so immediately.

A lot of people are complaining about Hartley being 'allowed' to sign the players he did. As I've said before, the whole point of having a football manager is to choose and sign players, and I can only imagine the fans' outrage if the board had stopped him from doing so.

No board is going to have the same football knowledge as a manager anyway, so how could they have overruled him even if they wanted to? Posters were queuing up on here to w**k themselves silly at how great Hartley's signings were(and some are still doing so).

Now, Now have you people not read the Chairs Statement. The board is totally blameless; they  did everything on the advise of others. They did nothing at all wrong: in the appointment of Hartley and his cohorts, the appointment of the 'scout' or indeed allowing the signing of the diddies we now have as a team.  We are so fortunate to have such an illustrious CEO and Chair to take our Club to the next level.
Well reality check; I for one don't believe it. Have they never heard of the 'Buck Stops Here' ethos? They got us into this state; now accept responsibility for your mistake, apologise and leave.  And the next level is more likely to be league 1 rather than the Premiership

You see this sort of shite boils my piss.
Firstly have you decided to plough money in and start to try and steer this club to nirvana? I guess the answer is no but please prove me wrong?
Who seriously would want to be on the board at our club any seriously successful business person even if a fan is going to be too busy with their day job so what does that leave? The likes of lex or Margaret who are big fishes in this tiny wee pond that is falkirk and want a bit of kudos for the faux celebrity status it brings.
Out board haven’t done anything seriously wrong apart from being pretty weak and ineffectual.
They appointed Houston which in itself provided our most successful manager since yogi giving us second twice in the strongest field this league has seen. In his shite season a more decisive board would have backed him maybe by either giving him cash to buy a few free agents or advising him they would back him until the January window where he could fix things but no they let it slide until they panicked.
They then got in Hartley which on the face of it was a decent move, the fans approved and were happy.
They let him have freedom of player choice and do what he did end of season and during the summer basically replacing a whole team. But he was the manager who picks the team so were they wrong in letting him do that? Every one here was creaming themselves with the summer signings ffs! Yeah they should have had a sense check on such a fucking madcap plan but hey no FM aficionados on here spotted it.
Three league games in it turns out Hartley’s plan is merde and quite rightly they bin him and get in Ray how he ever agreed is beyond me looking at our squad.
Now they release a statement which basically said were on the ball and trying to fix it but there’s no cash. They are trying there best and are not going to plough any money in after all it’s their money, if you think that’s wrong plough in your life savings.
So as I said they are pretty weak and ineffectual but who better is throwing their hat into the ring as who seriously would want to be on the board of a company the will never make money and it’s paying public expect them to pay in rather than take a wage?
Rambling I know but wtf??

1 hour ago, oot_the_loop said:

Harrison and Dallison though lads and lasses, some defenders.

Defence.jpg

Nope, can't possibly have been their fault. Several posters have assured us that we're all mistaken and we in fact have a couple of great defenders on our hands.

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I really don't know what some people want the board to do.

The fans wanted Houston sacked and the board sacked him. Hartley was the overwhelming favourite with the fans to be appointed and the board did so. The fans wanted a clear out on the summer and the board backed him to do so. They then wanted him sacked and the board did so immediately.

A lot of people are complaining about Hartley being 'allowed' to sign the players he did. As I've said before, the whole point of having a football manager is to choose and sign players, and I can only imagine the fans' outrage if the board had stopped him from doing so.

No board is going to have the same football knowledge as a manager anyway, so how could they have overruled him even if they wanted to? Posters were queuing up on here to w**k themselves silly at how great Hartley's signings were(and some are still doing so).

Sorry mate nobody's buying that crap the key decisions that have got us into this mess lie with our committee.

1 They interviewed and appointed Hartley who had been hunted by Dundee. Yes he had ability but he also has issues. He with their approval and sign off worked with the  Mitch joker to sign a new squad. 

2 They have appointed our CEO and paid him more than any player for contributing sweat fanny adams in any positive sense. 

Boards are not there to do the fans bidding . They can and should listen to the fans but ultimately they make the calls and should live or die by them. Blaming the fans is pathetic. Geoff Brown is a good example of decisive hands on decision making that is generally more right than wrong. We have got it wrong more often than right which is why we are in freefall. 

It's not  just about appointing the manager and leaving him to it. The management need to be aligned with him and work closely with him.. I heard Hartley was left too it and rarely engaged with anyone. He is the type who needs guidance not given cash and said on you go son. It seems they have niw realised this and now want a director of football in place. If they want to do a fans bidding then listen to this. Bin the CEO first and get the new guy to be Ceo/ director of football. My fear is that whoever comes in will not succeed however as the board are more suited to running the local rotary club than a fitba club I for one don't expect any turn up for the books as irrespective of who they appoint we will struggle as there is obviously  a real problem higher up that they don't recognise. As I've said if they are real fans they would stand aside but that won't happen until it becomes ubcomfortable.... I'll guess that  will come only if we get  relagated. 

5 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Defence.jpg

That's Kidd and Paton that are highlighted.

I'd have expected Dallison to be on the left of the two to be honest but his position is ok. Harrison's, On the other hand, is dreadful.

Defence.thumb.jpg.df78f8b73f73a7d588a4de0d7b68f94d.jpg

Dont have any issue with you highlighting the positioning for the goals. I did say I hadnt seen the goals again yet. However, every goal conceded by any team, at any level can be subject to analysis and generally finding someone could have did their job better. Most times that will be defenders. I would be wary of using such an example to say they are bad players or had a bad game.

Nope, can't possibly have been their fault. Several posters have assured us that we're all mistaken and we in fact have a couple of great defenders on our hands.

At least oot the loop posted re football. You on the other hand.... Just more of your whining, mewling shite

6 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I don't think I've read any posts suggesting they are great defenders.

The state of our squad has been done to death now. We know they are pretty much all honking and will be lucky to pick up a single win from now until January. I'm just hoping Alloa aren't out of sight come January.

Sold loads of season tickets, sponsors everywhere, everyone on here, the Facebook page and social media all wildly optimistic pre season, strange how the board never seen this disastrous start to the season coming after all, no-one else did! I'd slam the board for hanging a manager out to dry, not backing him so he can't bring in players etc but the cries to sack the board for doing exactly what the vast majority of fans were wanting over the last season and a half is just ridiculous. Paul Hartley on the other hand should never get another job I  football as long as he lives. 

Should they have a structure that allowed him to sign players who he hadn't seen?

32 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I don't think I've read any posts suggesting they are great defenders.

The state of our squad has been done to death now. We know they are pretty much all honking and will be lucky to pick up a single win from now until January. I'm just hoping Alloa aren't out of sight come January.

Aye, I don't think there's much more to be said about this lot. Its a long time til January though. 

Got a feeling the humiliation has only just started. 

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

They have appointed our CEO and paid him more than any player  

This gets posted a lot but never with a source or any sort of backup.   

Did someone who ought to be know make a public statement, such as Houston re Dobbie's wages at a fans forum? Or is just one of these stories which begins down the pub and takes root from there?

10 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Pretty much bang on.

I see on here and COYB calls for removing pretty much every player without anyone actually saying we should sign Mr X.

People are very quick to get on players/managers backs when it goes tits up but only with hindsight and not usually before the crap results.

It's like the guy who mocks your coupon on a Saturday once it's down but he's no bold enough to put 1 on.