The Falkirk FC Thread

Seems p&b is riddled with the Yogi, Christie and Craig appreciation society.

Also seems to be riddled with people who don't go but insult those who pump in thousands.

Showing some nice class there thundermonkey with the personal attacks just because you disagree.

Still if that's the kind of guy you are knock yourself out, I have big shoulders.

Seems p&b is riddled with the Yogi, Christie and Craig appreciation society.

Also seems to be riddled with people who don't go but insult those who pump in thousands.

Showing some nice class there thundermonkey with the personal attacks just because you disagree.

Still if that's the kind of guy you are knock yourself out, I have big shoulders.

Aye, me Ned and Matt were the founders of the Yogi fan club.

You're talking shite as usual.

People have every right to pump thousands into the club. Others have every right to not buy season tickets, aye? Try to convince us with a genuine arguement, not the heart tugging revisionism you have indulged yourself in tonight.

Aye, me Ned and Matt were the founders of the Yogi fan club.

You're talking shite as usual.

People have every right to pump thousands into the club. Others have every right to not buy season tickets, aye? Try to convince us with a genuine arguement, not the heart tugging revisionism you have indulged yourself in tonight.

Why????

You lot all wanna post on all things Falkirk and never set foot in the place.

If you want to feel part of the club seen as you seem to hate everything about it then there are better ways than this.

Me? I will be there home and away pretty much every week.

I also don't feel a need to call you names because we disagree. Stay classy thundermonkey

Why????

If you want to feel part of the club seen as you seem to hate everything about it then there are better ways than this.

Me? I will be there home and away pretty much every week.

I also don't feel a need to call you names because we disagree. Stay classy thundermonkey

what exactly do I comment about regarding Falkirk? Genuine question.

Can I again campaign for "GazFFC" to be given a new username please?

Also a proper LOL at Ritchie running the club 'like an administrator'. It's because of Ritchie (and others)'s poor decisions that we've been fucked financially for the past three seasons now.

It's because of Ritchie (and others)'s poor decisions that we've been fucked financially for the past three seasons now.

I make it 4 seasons, ever since summer 09

In summer 08 we flung far too much at what GC and Yogi called "the next level" remember that campaign?

After that failed in taking us forward and instead took us from 2 seasons of finishing 7th to finishing 10th and staying up by the skin of our teeth, Yogi bailed and Christie resigned.

Sadly we had players on mega wages and long deals to deal with.

Basically we have paid for that 1 horrendous season for the last 4 years.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Gaz, I am trying to get my head round your almost debt free comment. The last set of accounts I saw had circa 500k due in one year (short term soft loans) and 500k long term loans (due in five years +). Unless we have had an influx of investors turning these into equity we are still far from nearly debt free.

Jesus wept. Would the director of finance not be concerned if Christie, Craig and Hughes were endangering the club? Think carefully. Director. Of. Finance.

Any chance you could back up your suggestion that I hate the club by answering my question?

There club made financial mistake after stupid mistake all just to keep the team in the SPL and the fans happy.

Look how that worked out.

Think about it eh.

Just on this point in your post...that's simply not true. The club actually ran a profit in the first 2 years of our recent stint in the SPL by simply budgeting to stay up. The reason we are in the financial shitter was down to this ludicrous notion of pushing us to "the next level" of the top 6 in the SPL. This was not something that was pushed for by the fans but it was, naively, perpetuated by our board, MD and manager at the time.

Falkirk should always be budgeting to stay in the SPL and players should have clauses in their contracts for a wage drop when we inevitably get relegated. We will occassionally have seasons where we punch above our weight or have a good cup run but we shouldn't be budgeting on that being 'the norm'.

Fundamental things like that were not done and that is why were still only 'nearly debt free'.

EDIT: To say "weird", it wasnt showing me all the recent posts tonight so didnt realise this has already been covered, oops.

Edited by bob_mcshug

Any chance you could back up your suggestion that I hate the club by answering my question?

You argue against people wanting to buy STs and ask me that.

Why did you feel a need to comment on my original post at all?

Seen as we are in this now, why all the name calling? I've never met you and vice versa.

Just on this point in your post...that's simply not true. The club actually ran a profit in the first 2 years of our recent stint in the SPL by simply budgeting to stay up. The reason we are in the financial shitter was down to this ludicrous notion of pushing us to "the next level" of the top 6 in the SPL. This was not something that was pushed for by the fans but it was, naively, perpetuated by our board, MD and manager at the time.

Falkirk should always be budgeting to stay in the SPL and players should have clauses in their contracts for a wage drop when we inevitably get relegated. We will occassionally have seasons where we punch above our weight or have a good cup run but we shouldn't be budgeting on that being 'the norm'.

Fundamental things like that were not done and that is why were still only 'nearly debt free'.

That part of the post is about Dunfermline and not Falkirk.

Jesus wept. Would the director of finance not be concerned if Christie, Craig and Hughes were endangering the club? Think carefully. Director. Of. Finance.

I have absolutely no idea what happened there and will not offer any sort of excuse either.

He maybe did voice concern and got shouted down. He maybe was part of the ambition at the club to move up.

Nae need for the patronising either.

I have absolutely no idea what happened there and will not offer any sort of excuse either.

He maybe did voice concern and got shouted down. He maybe was part of the ambition at the club to move up.

So in short, you have no idea why we are skint, no idea what the key figures decided, who they were and have presumably forgotten about the multitude of mistakes made since the push for the top 6.

You can't even give a straight answer when asked about my Falkirk posts. Just through enough shit at it and hope some sticks.

Deary me.

I can remember sitting at the fans meeting a few years ago and personally asking Ritchie what his future plans were for the development of TFS. He told me, and the rest of the fans gathered there, that he still plans to build an East Stand. For a club which struggles to fill half of its current seating plan.

Your suggestion that he is running the club 'like an administrator' is ridiculous. Unless you mean he's working for Duff and Phelps.

Your suggestion that he is running the club 'like an administrator' is ridiculous. Unless you mean he's working for Duff and Phelps.

It was a reference to the way we sell assets to raise cash to pay bills and keep cutting costs.

Pretty simple really.

So in short, you have no idea why we are skint, no idea what the key figures decided, who they were and have presumably forgotten about the multitude of mistakes made since the push for the top 6.

You can't even give a straight answer when asked about my Falkirk posts. Just through enough shit at it and hope some sticks.

Deary me.

The way we spent in 08/11 is why we are skint.

Having players on SPL wages in div 1 and having players on huge wages and long deals in the SPL and then getting relegated.

I also know we have made many mistakes over the last 9 years.

I personally don't wanna throw any shit at you.

Why you feel a need to attack a ST holder just because you have an issue with something at FFC is surprising to me.

Why do you post here if you don't want to go to games anyway?

Who am I attacking and why is a season ticket relevant? You are the one saying I am trying to stop season tickets from

being sold, hate the club and have some kind of agenda against the guys who prop up the club (sink thousands into the club). But you're not throwing unsubstantiated shit at anyone, eh?

You've shown you have no idea what went on but know we overspent yet you are berating anyone who doesn't blindly hand over their cash to those responsible for our current mess. The same guys who treat their biggest source of income like idiots.

That's your call. All I have done is state my personal position and point out the instances where I think the board let the club, the fans and the rest of the game down. And you don't need to sit in a stadium to do that.

Why????

Woah! I hope Im not being classed in that. I go to almost every game when I'm home.

I feel more than placed to comment on anything that's happening at my club.

Edit- One of the things that annoyed me most was at the meeting in the Park Hotel a few months ago (maybe longer)

I asked a club member if it was true that we had to sell player to break even only to be told 'No'

Although despite the fact that we had sold Higgy and Wallace for around 500k (more if you believe rumours), we still only just broke even.

Didnt add up too me. Im fed up of the club lying to fans and treating them like they dont matter.

Ill still continue to go to games (and possibly enjoy some of them) but re-writing history to make Richie out to be our saviour is utter lunacy.

Hes an utter moron.

Edited by MattBairn