The Falkirk FC Thread

Just think, if we'd got Latapy we could have had a pre-season tour of the Caribbean

If we'd slipped Jack Warner a fiver we could've got free travel courtesy of the Trinidad and Tobago taxpayers..

So next season Under 12s go free. I know St Johnstone have trialled it this season and it doesn't appear to have worked at all, but who knows!

I think the club have done well, I notice there are some folk on FB greeting that it doesn't go far enough and that the gate prices have still to be announced but the early bird prices are very good. My first year buying an adult one and I don't grudge paying £225 at all. The concession and child prices are superb. And under 12s is pretty much the ideal level for free entry, cynical as f**k but any older and there's not really the necessity of having to have a paying adult bringing them along.

They've done the first part right and now they need to push these to the moon. Sell them up the town centre either in the Howgate or on the High Street. And try and get some players into schools (primary particularly since these will be free STs) with forms for kids to take home and nag their parents. The complacency over the semi final tickets can't be repeated here.

f**k playing any music when we score.

Agreed. Its one of the things I'd like us to change. I seem to recall it coming in to football at the end of the 90s. Never like it.

So next season Under 12s go free. I know St Johnstone have trialled it this season and it doesn't appear to have worked at all, but who knows!

We have to try something to get fans back and younger fans potentially mean more money in the future. I think its a good idea to try it.

I think the club have done well, I notice there are some folk on FB greeting that it doesn't go far enough and that the gate prices have still to be announced but the early bird prices are very good. My first year buying an adult one and I don't grudge paying £225 at all. The concession and child prices are superb. And under 12s is pretty much the ideal level for free entry, cynical as f**k but any older and there's not really the necessity of having to have a paying adult bringing them along.

They've done the first part right and now they need to push these to the moon. Sell them up the town centre either in the Howgate or on the High Street. And try and get some players into schools (primary particularly since these will be free STs) with forms for kids to take home and nag their parents. The complacency over the semi final tickets can't be repeated here.

I wont be buying a season ticket again with the current board in charge. I told them that during the Sevco 'love-in' and I'm sticking to it.

Darren Dodds given a free transfer.

I thought he was very good in his first season for us (far better than I expected) but its clear to everyone that he's done now at 1st division level. I wish him well.

I wont be buying a season ticket again with the current board in charge. I told them that during the Sevco 'love-in' and I'm sticking to it.

Fair enough. I told them I wouldn't be back at another home league match when Pressley got a new deal in the summer of 2011 till he was out the door and I stuck to it so you'll hear no criticism from me.

I'm the same - I exchanged e-mails with Martin Ritchie before last season started and I've stuck to my guns - went to quite a few away games and very nearly went to one home game but decided against at the last minute (cause they stuck the prices up I think :unsure2: )

I aint missed anything and I don't think I owe the club anything - they've had my coin for nearly 40 years - voting sevco into the First was one of the most pointless and idiotic decisions ever ... and then not publicly declaring how they voted just showed how much they couldn't give a crap about us !

I'll pick and choose away games and continue to enjoy spending Saturdays with my family from now on

I thought we had seen the end of the 'I won't be back until.........' brigade

Ritchie certainly isn't everyones cup of tea and does the complete opposite of Charles Green at sevco when it comes to sooking up to the fans.

What he does do though is run the club like a administrator and not like Livi or Hearts.

He came in 09 with a huge wage bill and set about cutting costs.

Pretty much every decision he had made that pissed off fans was a financial decision and not with heartstrings getting pulled.

We are very nearly debt free and then we can move on to making clever financial decisions and not forced ones with 1 hand tied.

For so called fans to say they refuse to spend money on FFC they really need to take a look at the bigger picture and not just there petty little egos.

We cannot be a debt free SPL club with no fear of going bankrupt unless we all stick together.

It's not all about FFC doing what you want.

If we acted like that we would be in the same boat as Dunfermline and all those other debt riddled SPL clubs.

Sure, from time to time Marty will piss you off. He has pissed me off many a time too.

But I'd rather wake up and know I have a club to watch on a Saturday.

Not just say I made a point and stuck to my guns

If that's your attitude, why don't you talk to a Dunfermline fan about which path they wish they had chose.

There club made financial mistake after stupid mistake all just to keep the team in the SPL and the fans happy.

Look how that worked out.

Think about it eh.

Ritchie certainly isn't everyones cup of tea and does the complete opposite of Charles Green at sevco when it comes to sooking up to the fans.

What he does do though is run the club like a administrator and not like Livi or Hearts.

Pretty much every decision he had made that pissed off fans was a financial decision and not with heartstrings getting pulled.

We are very nearly debt free and then we can move on to making clever financial decisions and not forced ones with 1 hand tied.

For so called fans to say they refuse to spend money on FFC they really need to take a look at the bigger picture and not just there petty little egos.

We cannot be a debt free SPL club with no fear of going bankrupt unless we all stick together.

If we acted like that we would be in the same boat as Dunfermline and all those other debt riddled SPL clubs.

Sure, from time to time Marty will piss you off. He has pissed me off many a time too.

If that's your attitude, why don't you talk to a Dunfermline fan about which path they wish they had chose.

There club made financial mistake after stupid mistake all just to keep the team in the SPL and the fans happy.

Think about it eh.

I don't need a lecture from any so called 'super fans'

I've worked offshore for years (which causes me to miss a lot of home games) and still bought a season ticket as it helped the club out.

I'm fed up of this 'stick with them no matter what' attitude.

If fans want to blindly hand over their money regardless, then that's their choice. I will not be a mug punter though.

I will continue to go and watch Falkirk when it suits me, but football is not the most important thing in my life any more.

I don't need a lecture from any so called 'super fans'

I've worked offshore for years (which causes me to miss a lot of home games) and still bought a season ticket as it helped the club out.

I'm fed up of this 'stick with them no matter what' attitude.

If fans want to blindly hand over their money regardless, then that's their choice. I will not be a mug punter though.

I will continue to go and watch Falkirk when it suits me, but football is not the most important thing in my life any more.

You missed my point by quite a bit.

Buy a ST if you want too.

If you have new priorities in your life that is fine too.

Just don't not buy 1 to spite Ritchie.

You missed my point by quite a bit.

Buy a ST if you want too.

If you have new priorities in your life that is fine too.

Just don't not buy 1 to spite Ritchie.

I'm in the fortunate position that I can do both. :)

I wont buy one as I wont make all the home games, but that has always been the case and it never stopped me before.

I am not getting one specifically due to Richie's various ridiculous decisions which have alienated the fans.

Only in football would someone be unhappy at someone for acting in a reasonable manner against a business that has continually alienated its customers and treated them like they don't matter.

We were a debt free club in 7th place in ghe SPL not that long ago until the current bod decided to lose the plot and throw money at hughes. Two awful managerial appointments after that are why we're now paying off soft loans. Marty and his crew gambled the future of this club and sould've lost big time if it hadnt been for acfew player sales and the odd cup run. We are where we are because of them and noone else.

Think about it eh.

I wasted enough bandwidth prattling on about all this last year so I won't go into detail now - at the end of the day I decided not to go and I haven't missed it one bit, if that makes me a shit fan then so-be-it , I don't actually care !

The club had the chance to entice me back when Pressley left ... they didn't !

What I will ask in response to your post though is who was financial director before Ritchie rode in as chairman and started making all these 'clever financial decisions' ?

'mon the Bairns etc.

We were a debt free club in 7th place in ghe SPL not that long ago until the current bod decided to lose the plot and throw money at hughes. Two awful managerial appointments after that are why we're now paying off soft loans. Marty and his crew gambled the future of this club and sould've lost big time if it hadnt been for acfew player sales and the odd cup run. We are where we are because of them and noone else.

Pah - you posted just as i was putting my post together - I was kinda trying to make the same point

I used to pass GazFFC off as an irrelevance but it turns out he's maturing into a right bellend. Ritchie turned years of profit and the foundations of a long stay in the SPL into our annual soft loan drive to stave off HMRC, pay the bills etc.

Watch as we ram two fingers up at the rest of the SFL as he pushes for SPL2 to cover up his shockingly poor stewardship.