The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Clandestine, aye? How do you know that it wasn't your own chairman that let it slip and he's now feverishly back pedaling to cover his arse. Or someone else at the club that called us? And is it actually illegal for an employee of a club to discuss the contract he has signed, unless there is some sort of non disclosure agreement around it? 

You simply don't know what happened. None of us do, and the silence from Cappielow is becoming deafening. 

It is in the hand of their legal team I would imagine and would have been told to make no further comments.

6 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

According to my extensive football manager experience it is the assistant manager that organises and handles friendlies so we can only assume he does nothing but put out pishy statements and argue with fans about the badge.

Good point, making sure club assets like trademarks are protected......

35 minutes ago, gmfc said:

It is in the hand of their legal team I would imagine and would have been told to make no further comments.

Or it could all be bollocks and Rae has run screaming into the woods, where he is currently rocking backwards and forwards, alternating between muttering about unicorns and asking for Nursie. 

Essentially, f**k off, your getting nothing. 

45 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think it was a brave move to release such a detailed statement. They could have said nothing. They could have put out a one paragraph collection of platitudes saying nothing. Instead they've given a long and detailed statement answering many of the whinges raised on here over the last few weeks. If they'd said nothing, people on here would bitch and whine. If they'd said simply "we're doing our best, going again, supporting the manager blah blah blah", people on here would bitch and whine. They've released a detailed statement and guess what, people on here bitch and whine.

The Academy was fucked the minute Project Brave started. The bigot sisters and their support acts saw the success ourselves, Hamilton and Livi had and devised a plan to screw us and every other diddy club over. They want it all, they want every kid who can kick a ball without falling over on the off-chance they might make 50p profit. They don't give a shite about Scottish football, the majority of clubs or the well-being of young players - they see fucking money because that's all this business is to them. Screw the fans, screw the diddy clubs, screw their own employees so long as the money makes it's way to the shareholders. That's why we have no Academy, point the finger of blame where it belongs. 

The likes of st mirren have a fantastic academy even though they missed out on elite status. Somehow they even managed to keep their academy and get promoted. Must be some sort of miracle.

Really good statement IMO. It shows that the decision to get rid of the academy was the right(and essential) one to make despite the recruitment disaster we've just had. Just because clown shoes and Mitch signed a bunch of shite doesn't mean the strategy of focusing on the first team was wrong. 

The BoD are in a no win situation when it comes to a lot of fans. People either want them to throw their own money away(which none of us would do in their position) or put the club itself at risk by spending non-existent money.

Edited by EdiBairn

I really don’t know all the underlying figures that are being used in the production of this statement by Lang so need time to take it all in before drawing full conclusions.
Irrespective I notice that details of the statement are all over the BBC Sport website and I cannot recollect too many other clubs BOD delivering such detail or offering to respond to all emails from fans. So I think rather than continue to castigate we should be commending them for their efforts to communicate with us. I take some points with a pinch of salt but it’s a damn site more detail than I can ever recollect our club supplying over many years of following them.
For me, it’s really appreciated.

14 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Really good statement IMO. It shows that the decision to get rid of the academy was the right(and essential) decision to make despite the recruitment disaster we've just had. Just because clown shoes and Mitch signed a bunch of shite doesn't mean the strategy of focusing on the first team was wrong. 

The BoD are in a no win situation when it comes to a lot of fans. People either want them to throw their own money away(which none of us would do in their position) or put the club itself at risk by spending non-existent money.

There must be a blue moon in the sky EB because you and I are agreeing again. I wasn't happy with the decision to bin the Academy but I was willing to be persuaded if someone would make a business case for it. The statement appears to do just that.

Of course, it may just be a PR exercise. However, from the wording it appears that ML has promised to respond to any emails she receives on the subject. Those responses will either vindicate or damn her before she has to face the fans at the  AGM. I'd hope that some of her critics will take that opportunity, rather than simply moaning online, and then repost the responses on here. That may give us a better indication of how sincere the statement was.

5 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Putting trust in your Chair not to screw up a legal issue only makes sense if your Chair actually had sight of McKinnon’s contract with Morton before  she made the approach. So she either went in blind or there was prior clandestine contact. Which is it?

What, so it doesn't "make sense" to trust a qualified, successful lawyer with decades of experience in legal matters unless she had "clandestine contact" about something as basic as the termination clause in a contract of employment?

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Never mind. As I said to you a few weeks back and reiterated yesterday, time will tell who's in the right. If it proves to be you, feel free to post again afterwards and milk your victory.

If not, you might just end up looking a bit silly.

19 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

What, so it doesn't "make sense" to trust a qualified, successful lawyer with decades of experience in legal matters unless she had "clandestine contact" about something as basic as the termination clause in a contract of employment?

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Never mind. As I said to you a few weeks back and reiterated yesterday, time will tell who's in the right. If it proves to be you, feel free to post again afterwards and milk your victory.

If not, you might just end up looking a bit silly.

Branch Ton is more or less the last one still clutching at straws. Most of the others see their “compensation” guff evaporate, and have shuffled off back home with their burning torches and pitchforks as it finally begins to dawn on them that their chairman has given them a bit of deflective bluster, and collectively, they fell for it.

Now, all they have left is their pitiful snake/rat gash. Funny how not one of them are even remotely curious as to why he wanted away so fast. They will settle for “more money” because it avoids having to face up to there being other reasons.

No mention i notice of whether they agree that the standard of player brought in was pish. Also seems to think we could still make the playoffs on 45 mins against Ayr. The womens completely deluded.

Come on to f**k. You’re really expecting a chairman (any chairman) to come out and say that x amount of our current players are shite and not good enough? Honestly what good would that do?

Theres the costs of travel and other expenses such like which also has to be taken into account.  You also have to remember that Alex Tottens sportsmans dinner raised circa 50k every year towards the costs of the academy. 
So why would a development team need hundreds of thousands of travelling expenses and the lot but a reserve team wouldn't? Did yoir kids team travel in individually carried sedans or something?

Really good statement IMO. It shows that the decision to get rid of the academy was the right(and essential) one to make despite the recruitment disaster we've just had. Just because clown shoes and Mitch signed a bunch of shite doesn't mean the strategy of focusing on the first team was wrong. 

A really good statement! You are obviously very easily pleased. The statement completely washes over all the errors that have lead to the situation we find ourselves in, resulting in us having to appoint Hartley, the scout and bin the Academy. The no win position has been entirely self inflicted and presided over by pretty much the exact same board but really good statement though!

A really good statement! You are obviously very easily pleased. The statement completely washes over all the errors that have lead to the situation we find ourselves in, resulting in us having to appoint Hartley, the scout and bin the Academy. The no win position has been entirely self inflicted and presided over by pretty much the exact same board but really good statement though!

What would you have wanted her to say?

Guest Back Post Misses

Too much smoke and mirrors on the Academy make up and costs. It can easily be cleared up at the AGM, just publish the breakdown. The indoor facility is only required for the Elite level so I would deduce from that so is the 460k cost. We didn't need to go to that level only 8 clubs are in that. Getting tiresome TBH and to draw a line under it we need proper transparency on it.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just need to find someone with a spare 150k a year.

That level of money was offered at Christmas but was turned away. It was also pledged for 3 years

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:
Theres the costs of travel and other expenses such like which also has to be taken into account.  You also have to remember that Alex Tottens sportsmans dinner raised circa 50k every year towards the costs of the academy. 

So why would a development team need hundreds of thousands of travelling expenses and the lot but a reserve team wouldn't? Did yoir kids team travel in individually carried sedans or something?

Where did i say that . All i said was you also had that included in costs. Most of the reserve team are in the first team squad.  There are not as many youngsters  between academy and first team now obviously and i'd expect a large chunck of those that are to be away when their contracts end. Running a dev squad you had a large group of young players involved. We now have the reserve side included in the first team budget as they make up the vast majority of it and you can use trialists to cover injuries etc. Before we had s first team squad and a dev squad. We now only have the first team so obvious to see where savings are made especially once those on current dev contracts end.

Guest Back Post Misses

It doesn't prove it right either.

Give us the Academy Breakdown of the 460k at the AGM, and also give us the same breakdown of non Elite based at the stadium. Clears it up, give people clarity and we can make our minds up properly.

Because the number is there for all to see it wont be a difficult task to give the shareholders it.

What would you have wanted her to say?

"We messed up, we are sorry. We went into this as a collective group of three people Craig, myself and Paul. We need the fans to rally round the new manager and the team because we are in a very difficult position. As a Board we will be doing everything in our power to support Ray to turn this around and preserve our Championship status. We need you, the fans to help us"

End of.

We need everyone pulling together because we are in the shit and squabbling over Academy costs at this time ain't going to help.