The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unfortunately Loy had issues away from the game last year.
Anyone know how he is performing at Dumbarton?

6 games played, 0 goals according to Wikipedia. Standard, if true. Another very average player we appear to have squeezed a good season and a half out of. 

Screenshot_20180919-075252.jpg

Edited by DeeBairn

Guest Back Post Misses

Heard yesterday that Scott McDonald was in helping out. Not sure if it is a coaching role or a let see if you are fit to play or both. Anyone else know?

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Get him signed up. 

Scenes if he was signed up an scored the winner on Saturday. He wouldn't be a signing I'd liked to have made a year ago and initially now I thought he adds experience which we badly need also could do a job at the top of the diamond if McKinnon uses that formation again or the middle man in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1, still a concern about his fitness with his age in that he was more looking for a coaching, management job or TV/radio work afore playing again albeit he didn't rule it out.

I dont think he can lead the line now but is more creative now from deep

25 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Scenes if he was signed up an scored the winner on Saturday. He wouldn't be a signing I'd liked to have made a year ago and initially now I thought he adds experience which we badly need also could do a job at the top of the diamond if McKinnon uses that formation again or the middle man in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1, still a concern about his fitness with his age in that he was more looking for a coaching, management job or TV/radio work afore playing again albeit he didn't rule it out.

In behind Rudden and Haber could be a thing of wonder. Or an utter shit fest. 

Scenes either way, that much is guaranteed. 

14 hours ago, Bairnup said:

Okay were in trouble and haven't got the players we all thought we were getting during the close season, but we're all Falkirk supporters and that means try supporting the team instead of the constant slagging and confidence sapping comments were getting from some people on here. 

Telling this lot of clueless jobbers they are great on here will make zero difference to their performance.

Remember in the summer, when we were almost all very excited at the arrival of these ballers? Very positive, very encouraging..

How did that affect their performances? 

They were shite. 

Similarly recognising they are dug turd will have zero impact on their performances.

They'll still be shite.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Academy can’t be judged on a fallow couple of years as well as bumper years. There will always be ups and downs. The worrying fact for all should be the net gain in finance it has brought in. Over £2m surplus and 500k last season.

The disappointment for me is the fact so many at a younger age have gone to top clubs. Anyone connected to the academy would have told you that we have some very promising players in there. In 3/4 years time it will be interesting to see how many start to get through the system.

PS A lad called James Maxwell, who many connected with the Academy rated better than Dunne, made his debut for Sevco reserves today. Maybe there were players in the academy we just couldn’t be bother developing them or give them a chance.

I wasn't disagreeing with Shodwell's point about closing the academy I was just pointing out that there didnt seem to be 4/5 players from it that were ready to step in to the first team and help us with promotion.  I am still on the un-decided side of whether it was a good idea to close it down to be honest I can see the argument from both sides. The fact is though its gone and we need to move on those that were responsible will need to be accountable if/when it backfires (although current predicament looks as if it will be when).  Time will tell if we all get called to the main stand again for an emergency begging bowl meeting.

In regards to the lad who made his debut for the Sevco reserves shouldn't the ex academy staff be held accountable to a certain extent if players weren't being developed properly or at the rate they should have been?

14 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I wasn't disagreeing with Shodwell's point about closing the academy I was just pointing out that there didnt seem to be 4/5 players from it that were ready to step in to the first team and help us with promotion.  I am still on the un-decided side of whether it was a good idea to close it down to be honest I can see the argument from both sides. The fact is though its gone and we need to move on those that were responsible will need to be accountable if/when it backfires (although current predicament looks as if it will be when).  Time will tell if we all get called to the main stand again for an emergency begging bowl meeting.

In regards to the lad who made his debut for the Sevco reserves shouldn't the ex academy staff be held accountable to a certain extent if players weren't being developed properly or at the rate they should have been?

I dont think we can blame the folk in the academy for any of this given the return they've given us over the years.  The likes of Maxwell would've been hitting our first team right at the right time this season but was allowed to leave for feck all. Was speaking to Tam McManus at the Davie Hagen do on Friday night. He works with the pro youth set up and was utterly shocked at the fact that Falkirk had given up on their academy given the amount of talent coming through.  A few of the younger players were the hottest prospects in Scottish football according to him.  All have moved on to other clubs including one boy whose moved to St Mirren who he was raving about .  Sad day and a crazy decision especially given the mess we are currently in.

30 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

How do we know the guy wasn't just filling a jersey for the reserves? Let's not collectively piss or pants again. 

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

I thought he was looking to move back to Australia. 

Hopefully he's just come in to grab a few of this lot to take with him.