The Falkirk FC Thread

No-one's saying it in those words, but there is already a thread doubting his ability: someone even stating that because he answered "I don't know." to a question as a reason for concern.

It is a reason for concern.

The question wasn't "What are you having for tea tonight?" It was I believe along the lines of "How did your team manage to squander a 3 goal lead against Hibs in the space of 40 second half minutes?"

"I don't know" might well have been an honest answer, but it's not exactly an encouraging one.

Crazy. 6-8 games? You do realise we have gone down the same path as Hughes, May and Pressley? And you are going to give him 8 games into his first campaign? After 8 games any fury should be directed at the mob who decided to continue our Manager School project. You seem to have concerns that he's not raging from the touchline at young boys he met barely 2 weeks ago?

Settle.

Who mentioned "raging at young boys"? Encourage, guide, praise. You know, "get involved on the touchline". :rolleyes:

His interview in the SFL website today indicates clear dissatisfaction with the strength of the team and how we have defended in particular. That's his number 1 priority it seems, and rightly so.

I will leave all the 'fury' to you/others. How do you think he's going to do? I'm quite positive.

For me it was only between Taylor and McGovern for PotY and voted for Lyle. With Kinglsey YPotY and I don't think you can see past Alston for Goal.

Edit:

I don't think Kingsley's really been given all the credit he's deserved this season he's been fantastic IMO. His improvement from the end of last season has been incredible.

Edited by Russ

For me it was only between Taylor and McGovern for PotY and voted for Lyle. With Kinglsey YPotY and I don't think you can see past Alston for Goal.

Edit:

I don't think Kingsley's really been given all the credit he's deserved this season he's been fantastic IMO. His improvement from the end of last season has been incredible.

I voted for Alston PotY, Kingsley YPotY and Alston again for his strike against Hamilton. TBH, Taylor has the PotY award in the bag but Blairs probably been my "favourite" player of the season. His goals against the fifers and Hamilton have made my season worthwhile turning up for week in week out.

Alston and Kingsley deserve recognition for their performances and their work ethic this season. They've both grown in confidence and improved dramatically from last season. Kingsleys especially. (Remember at start of the season people believed he'd be the weak link of our back 4... oh how that changed. He's the only steady player in the back four).

I completely agree about Alston definitely my 'favourite' player out of our squad. Some of his tricks and flicks are amazing would really like to see him played more centrally or behind a striker I think that's where we'd probably get the best out of him.

Just think it's a shame he never had any international recognition at the age levels.

Edit:

I dont think he had a great start of the season, but who did......but easily our best defender this season, which tells its own story considering the experienced players next to him

Anyone who didn't vote for Alston's goal deserves to sectioned IMO.

A few Taylors goals run it close (Morton and Cowdenbeath)....but before I seen any others to rejig the memory, The Alston goal was numero uno

Murdoch is the only one of note who's out of contract, so I'd presume it's him.

Murdoch seemingly has plenty of offers all in Scotland......St Mirren and St Johnstone seemingly two of them....His words on Falkirk Tv summed up the Im leaving camp......Good luck to him......