The Falkirk FC Thread

With everyone signed/those I want us to sign we should have a squad something like this for next season:

GK:

McGovern

Bowman/young keeper

FB:

Duffie

Rowan

Kingsley

Dick

CB:

Neilson

Flynn

Vaulks

Turnbull

McGeever

CM:

Murdoch

Flannigan

J Fulton

McGrandles

D Fulton

Faulds

LM/RM

Grant

Alston

Leahy

Sibbald

Weatherston (only on a pay-as-you-play type deal)

ST:

Taylor

Higgins

Small

Looking at that, I'd say we need:

- An experienced center half (as well as Neilson)

- An experienced ball winning midfielder (Is Flannigan the answer?)

- A striker.

- Possibly a playmaker (ie Higginbotham), licensed to go wherever he wants and link the play between the midfield and striker(s). Though I can easily see Grant/Alston/Leahy in that role next season

If we can keep the above players together for next season, and add in a few, I think we could have a really decent squad.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Not including U20s, I'll be happy if our senior squad next season consists of:

Keepers:

McGovern

Bowman

Defenders:

Duffie

Kingsley

Dick

McGeever

Flynn

Vaulks

Neilson

*NEW C/H*

Midfielders:

Murdoch

Alston

J. Fulton

Grant

D. Fulton

Sibbald

McGrandles

Leahy

*NEW CM* (Flannigan possibly??)

Strikers:

Taylor

Small

Higgins/*NEW FORWARD*

No idea how Holt will set up, but hopefully, playing 2 up front, the line up will look something like:

McGovern

Duffie - *new C/H* - Flynn - Kingsley

Grant - Murdoch - *new CM* - Alston

Taylor - Higgins/*new forward*

Looking at that, as long as the signings are of a good standard, there is no reason we can't be up there challenging.

Edited by RobBairn1876

Bump. Summary of fans' forum, taken from One F:

Club are looking to install a next-gen pitch at the stadium in time for next season. When asked how that would affect our chances of promotion the response was that the club were confident they could make the case for the SPL to change the rules (if they haven't already been changed via reconstruction). When it was put to him, 'what if the SPL say no?', the response was that there would be a legal battle.

Regardless, playing on an artificial surface next season looks a real possibility. Has to be said that it is far from a done deal though!

Club hope to be clear of soft loans within the next 8 - 10 months if everything 'goes as they hope'.

Bradford have appealed to the CAS over the Stewart money. The court are awaiting the ruling documents from FIFA before they can proceed and it could take 3 months to complete the appeal.

Holt will have a small budget to work with but didn't put any great emphasis on bringing in experience. The mantra seems to be, if you're good enough, you're old enough for him. Pointed to Thistle winning the league over Morton as an example of experience not always being right.

He seemed happy with Crawford, Neilson and Smith and mentioned that if he does bring in his own coaches, they WON'T be player/coaches.

Excellent reading. Seems to have went very well.

Why do I get the feeling the board have made an excellent choice in appointing Holt as manager? I'm getting a gut feeling he is going to do a great job for us. Can't wait until tomorrow but the question is do I start drinking tonight at 9 or do I wait until tomorrow morning and have a beer for breakfast?? :thumsup2

I agree that the initial signs have been very positive but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's a good talker, but so was Pressley. Let's wait and see how he sets us up for the remainder of the season and who he brings in during the summer.

Was there any mention at the meeting as to whether players will sold?

I agree that the initial signs have been very positive but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's a good talker, but so was Pressley. Let's wait and see how he sets us up for the remainder of the season and who he brings in during the summer.

Totally agree

The guy aint managed a single solitary football match in his entire lonesome and yet folk are getting lazy lob-ons over the appointment :blink:

I hope he comes good but have a wee chill chaps !

Was there any mention at the meeting as to whether players will sold?

The question was asked. Board member said that if there are any sales they will consult with the manager. Holt said he would not stand in the way of guys wanting to further their career, and that he doesn't want players who don't want to play for him. It came across as being that good offers will be listened to.

Totally agree

The guy aint managed a single solitary football match in his entire lonesome and yet folk are getting lazy lob-ons over the appointment :blink:

I hope he comes good but have a wee chill chaps !

I said I have a good gut feeling about it I never said he's going to win is the Champions League, or am I not allowed to have a gut feeling about it either??

I don't think they are, and you made that up.

No-one's saying it in those words, but there is already a thread doubting his ability: someone even stating that because he answered "I don't know." to a question as a reason for concern. You certainly get the jist that some folk want him gone from reading that thread anyway.

No, you get the feeling people are being over sensitive to little things and desperately want him to be a success after the last four or five years of drivel we've had to put up with.

I would like to see him get more involved on the touchline, too, but let's hope he smacks chops when chops need smacking behind closed doors.

The remaining games this season are basically a free pass for him to get things straight, and six or eight games in next season would be an appropriate place to grumble, if necessary.

Crazy. 6-8 games?

You do realise we have gone down the same path as Hughes, May and Pressley? And you are going to give him 8 games into his first campaign?

After 8 games any fury should be directed at the mob who decided to continue our Manager School project. You seem to have concerns that he's not raging from the touchline at young boys he met barely 2 weeks ago?