Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

He's right though, it's in our best interests. Problem is it really makes f**k all difference to the clubs that would make up the bottom 14 of the 18 team lowest tier, there really is very little to get them on board. It only really is aimed at SPL2 type clubs, and if the 12-12-18 doesn't go through, an SPL2 is exactly what we'll get, with no change in governance.

I can understand clubs who expect to be in Div2 next season voting against cos they want the double Sevco gates, and clubs in Div3 who have spent for a chance of the play offs, but who else? The SFL sides are beginning to look as greedy and short term thinking as the SPL.

Knives out after 6 games? And they've won 3 of them! That's a great record for Pressley!

Knives out after 6 games? And they've won 3 of them! That's a great record for Pressley!

My favourite bit was when he said "Younger players are like sponges, they want to learn" ... :lol:

Still made more sense than anything Yogi ever said

On a more serious note I'd like to see McGovern, Vaulks (I doubt he will still be playing for free), Murdoch and Higgins (with a proper pre-season under his belt could be a useful player for us next season) offered new contracts.

Neilson to replace Dods as the experienced center half/captain next season.

Flannigan, no idea. Tbh I'd rather we used his wage to strengthen in other areas of the park.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

On a more serious note I'd like to see McGovern, Vaulks (I doubt he will still be playing for free), Murdoch and Higgins (with a proper pre-season under his belt could be a useful player for us next season) offered new contracts.

Neilson to replace Dods as the experienced center half/captain next season.

Flannigan, no idea. Tbh I'd rather we used his wage to strengthen in other areas of the park.

Pretty much this. Wouldn't want to sign Weatherston again but Higgins maybe. Only downside here is that this would leave little extra to strengthen elsewhere as I imagine there will be cuts again.

Id like us to sign mcgovern higgins and murdoch up for next season. Weatherston is injured too much and I believe grant alston and sibbald are better. Ive not seen vaulks or flannigan play so cant make judgement, neilson was good for us in the three games this season but id rather see us give mcgeever a chance next season or bring vaulks in. Id like us to start next season with three strikers in the summer stevie may, archie campbell, macdonald and mcallister are all out of contract in the summer. Also doris is out of contract although he is linked with birmingham so that might be a non starter. Fair enough mcallister might be on more than we can afford but you never know he wanted to play full time football

Of course Archie Campbell isn't a non starter. Neither is McCallister who wanted over £1000 from St Mirren.

A striker will not be a priority in the summer. If Higgins signs we'll have 3 in him, Taylor and Small, and also a very weak midfield needing strengthened.

Will be amazed if Lyle is still with us next season, he'll be off in the summer. And with Small still relatively untested then a striker definitely will be a top priority.

Any word on whether McGovern is likely to stay or not? Obviously I'm hoping he'll be staying but he's a lot better than SFL1.

If Weatherston gets a new contract I might cry. Injury prone and just not good enough.