The Falkirk FC Thread

On a more serious note I'd like to see McGovern, Vaulks (I doubt he will still be playing for free), Murdoch and Higgins (with a proper pre-season under his belt could be a useful player for us next season) offered new contracts.

Neilson to replace Dods as the experienced center half/captain next season.

Flannigan, no idea. Tbh I'd rather we used his wage to strengthen in other areas of the park.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

On a more serious note I'd like to see McGovern, Vaulks (I doubt he will still be playing for free), Murdoch and Higgins (with a proper pre-season under his belt could be a useful player for us next season) offered new contracts.

Neilson to replace Dods as the experienced center half/captain next season.

Flannigan, no idea. Tbh I'd rather we used his wage to strengthen in other areas of the park.

Pretty much this. Wouldn't want to sign Weatherston again but Higgins maybe. Only downside here is that this would leave little extra to strengthen elsewhere as I imagine there will be cuts again.

Id like us to sign mcgovern higgins and murdoch up for next season. Weatherston is injured too much and I believe grant alston and sibbald are better. Ive not seen vaulks or flannigan play so cant make judgement, neilson was good for us in the three games this season but id rather see us give mcgeever a chance next season or bring vaulks in. Id like us to start next season with three strikers in the summer stevie may, archie campbell, macdonald and mcallister are all out of contract in the summer. Also doris is out of contract although he is linked with birmingham so that might be a non starter. Fair enough mcallister might be on more than we can afford but you never know he wanted to play full time football

Will be amazed if Lyle is still with us next season, he'll be off in the summer. And with Small still relatively untested then a striker definitely will be a top priority.

Any word on whether McGovern is likely to stay or not? Obviously I'm hoping he'll be staying but he's a lot better than SFL1.

If Weatherston gets a new contract I might cry. Injury prone and just not good enough.

Goalkeepers

Bowman, amos

Defenders

Duffie,flynn,turnbull,dick, kingsley,mcgeever,kingsley,rowan,greene,tfulton

Midfielders

Mcgrandles,leahy,sibbs,fultons,faulds,comrie,grant,alston,Brisbane

Strikers

Small,taylor

Thats our squad next season including the u20's. Having never saw small play id say we need another two strikers for next season. In the games ive seen dale fulton hes not impressed admittedly ive only saw him a few times(preseason). We need a holding centre mid that can spray the passes and allow the other midfielders to go forward thats what millar gave us murdochs not done that this season as his passing isnt up to much. Imo bowman should be punted for his stupidity and his supposed drinking habits but that would leave us needing two keepers next season. Dods should retire at the end of the season although he has been absoulutely tremendous for us. I feel flynn is improving but we need to find a solid cb pairing for next season. If we had to sell someone in the summer duffie would be my first choice although I dont think theyll be queing up at the door for him after the season hes had. If duffie went I feel rowan is ready to replace him. If taylor goes it needs to be big money 500k at least although theres little chance of us getting that seen as hell only have one year left on his contract you never know.