The Falkirk FC Thread

Smith is entitled to his opinion (it's wrong and he is a p***k) however, he is now the manager of Falkirk and his thoughts are immediately taken as the thoughts of the club. This is damaging to Falkirk and I hope the chairman has a word to tell him to wind his fuckin neck in. I know that will not happen.

Would be reasonably happy with either Allan Johnston or Paul Hartley from the Second Division. Still, the board better take a bit more time. Be interested to see who else applies.

Hmm, I dunno, Allan Johnston is a little too inexperienced for my liking. Out of the two of them, I'd prefer Hartley. Like you say though, interested to see who else applies.

Edited by Kris.

Heard a murmur today that Scott Severin has applied for the job.

Not the experience the fans are looking for but from what I've heard from Ritchie, he and the board are very much looking down the 'young, hungry, willing to work with kids' route.

Essentially, Pressley mk2.

Think the likes of Allan Johnston will be the level of experience we'll be talking about.

I don't think experience is a complete necessity, if the guy they bring in does well in the application process and they believe he'll be a success then I'm all for it.

Where a lack of experience would be bad would be going down the May/Pressley route and appointing a rookie internally with no consideration given to anyone else. Thankfully it looks like we're not going down this route.

Hmm, I dunno, Allan Johnston is a little too inexperienced for my liking. Out of the two of them, I'd prefer Hartley. Like you say though, interested to see who else applies.

Think it is well known Hartley has had big budgets in both his seasons in charge at Alloa, recruiting good experienced pro's, perhaps not experienced of using younger players. I know down at Queens they have a lot of bright talent coming through and really flourishing down there, albeit with some experience to guide them through. I'd prefer Johnston but again, nothing to suggest this will happen or there isn't a better candidate out there.

I blame the Daily Record. Awful *** rag of a paper.

How dare they print quotes of someone who has quite clearly lost his marbles. Smith is on his way out of Falkirk and I'd imagine Scottish football soon (as previously mentioned he is 74).

Until he goes I will judge his performances on the park and if we win the Scottish Cup he can say whatever he likes. I wouldn't even care if he was having an affair with Sammy the Tammy

Think it is well known Hartley has had big budgets in both his seasons in charge at Alloa, recruiting good experienced pro's, perhaps not experienced of using younger players. I know down at Queens they have a lot of bright talent coming through and really flourishing down there, albeit with some experience to guide them through. I'd prefer Johnston but again, nothing to suggest this will happen or there isn't a better candidate out there.

You are spot on mate, the only minor piece of critisism that Hartley has had is that despite having an apparently healthy and successful youth set up he has not taken the risk of giving them any first team exposure despite talking up a few of them in the media.

Just look at our two recent signings, Kevin Moon who was released by Saints and Callum Elliot, both players bought to try and secure our playoff place and both i would imagine being paid more than your run of the mill 2nd division player, would he be able to do this at Falkirk, sign a couple of experienced players as and when required only to be told more than likely going by precedent, that he must go with the youngsters, i dont know if Hartley would be willing to go down this route at this stage of his mangerial career.

Could be totally wrong offcourse, Falkirk would seem to be the natural progression,a bigger club with maybe not the burden of expectation that going straight to an SPL club would come with, thus giving him time to adapt and enhance his managerial skills in a larger and more demanding than Alloa environment.

Edited by Craigy

I don't think experience is a complete necessity, if the guy they bring in does well in the application process and they believe he'll be a success then I'm all for it.

Where a lack of experience would be bad would be going down the May/Pressley route and appointing a rookie internally with no consideration given to anyone else. Thankfully it looks like we're not going down this route.

Mmm .... I read the first line and was ready to reply in upper-case (possibly even in bold !!) but the rest of your post does sway me slightly :unsure:

Having said that - I would dearly love to see us appoint someone who has at least a modicum of managerial experience - we've had absolute noobs since McCall left and it's taken it's toll on my mental health !!

And as for Smith above - he can take a feckin hike the absolute feckin fecker !! if his interim appointment had merited a honeymoon period it would be well and truly over now - the bawsack !!

of reasonable interest I guess ....

Coventry v Hartlepool

Coventry City manager Steven Pressley told BBC Coventry and Warwickshire:

"We have to take into consideration that Hartlepool have only lost one in the last 10. It was going to be a difficult game because they are fighting for their lives.

"My players' attitude was brilliant. The first victory at home for two months is a monkey off our backs.

"We've shown a real strength. We've stepped up to the mark after losing our top scorer. And I didn't think we gave up many chances in the 90 minutes, which is terrific. We had a real desire about us.

"I've been here now 10 days, and the group and their response has been brilliant. We've got a little bit of momentum and there's a belief in the squad."

HOUSE!