The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk FC is delighted to announce the appointment of Ray McKinnon as our First Team Manager.

Ray joins the club from Greenock Morton on a contract until May 2020 with Assistant Manager, Darren Taylor also making the switch to The Falkirk Stadium.

Ray holds one of the highest win ratios in the Ladbrokes Championship and has a proven track record in the division having guided Raith Rovers to the 2015/16 Ladbrokes Premiership Play Offs and Dundee United to the 2016/17 Ladbrokes Premiership Play Off Final. His Greenock Morton side currently sit second in the table having defeated Ross County last weekend to continue an impressive start to the season.

After going through the appropriate procedures for permission, talks have been held with a number of candidates. Ray emerged as by far and away the outstanding choice.

Ray’s desire and ambition to come to and bring success to Falkirk shone through and we are delighted to have both him and his management team in place as we look to build a positive platform for the season ahead.

Ray McKinnon, Manager of Falkirk FC, said: “First of all, I’d like to thank the fans and everyone at Greenock Morton FC for their support during my time with them.

“I am really pleased to be joining Falkirk FC. It is quite clear that this is a club with a passionate support and excellent facilities. In recent times those fans have not had the success they deserve. It is now my job to bring that success and I am determined to do so.

“I bring with me Darren Taylor and I know that as a team we can make the changes required here over a period of time.

“Falkirk has always been a club I have admired. This is a very attractive position for any manager and I am really looking forward to getting started.”

Margaret Lang, Chair of Falkirk FC, said: “I’d would like to thank our supporters for their patience while the Club has worked tirelessly this week to put a new management team in place. I’m sure they’ll join me and everyone else at the Club in giving Ray and his team their full support for the season ahead.”