The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Rocco said:

The longer this goes on the more I think we'll do a trademark Falkirk appointment and give it to Young.

Although it's still early in the season I can't help but feel worried

Hartley was only sacked four days ago :lol:

I think what has happened has proven the project is flawed. It had absolutely no room for error. I said at the time we were not going to sign 15 players from English Academies and just turn up and roll teams over and it has proven to be right.

This all started to unravel way back at last year's AGM with the ludicrous defence of Henderson. It has been one bad press day after another since. The mood was lifted in the summer when we were all suckered in that the promises of quality looked like they could have come true. If we are all honest 45 minutes into our first competitive game the doubts started. They have built very quickly and it all come crashing down last Saturday and yesterday was a new low. They couldn't even appoint a guy who expressed and interest in the job and one who didn't have a job. That alone should tell everyone that the project is a disaster.

I would lay a pound to a pile of shit when they get a manager they will come out with some sort of explanation of why they did this and try and make it look like we had no option. They will do anything to hang onto their gigs.

Campbell and Lang should have gone on Monday too. I understand they are leading the recruitment drive too. We wonder why people don't want the job .

Who expressed an interest in the job?

You are really struggling if you are taking a “no comment” to mean expressing an interest.

We will happily let you have Alan Stubbs and wont take compensation we will also throw in local digs for the next year. We will also allow him to take the many players he brought up from England who until coming to us have never played first team football. How he was aloud to dismantle a wining team is mind boggling. See you next season,    

We will happily let you have Alan Stubbs and wont take compensation we will also throw in local digs for the next year. We will also allow him to take the many players he brought up from England who until coming to us have never played first team football. How he was aloud to dismantle a wining team is mind boggling. See you next season,    
Havent you been paying attention? We just emptied that guy.

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Even if you come down you probably will still be in a league above us.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think what has happened has proven the project is flawed. It had absolutely no room for error. I said at the time we were not going to sign 15 players from English Academies and just turn up and roll teams over and it has proven to be right.

This all started to unravel way back at last year's AGM with the ludicrous defence of Henderson. It has been one bad press day after another since. The mood was lifted in the summer when we were all suckered in that the promises of quality looked like they could have come true. If we are all honest 45 minutes into our first competitive game the doubts started. They have built very quickly and it all come crashing down last Saturday and yesterday was a new low. They couldn't even appoint a guy who expressed and interest in the job and one who didn't have a job. That alone should tell everyone that the project is a disaster.

I would lay a pound to a pile of shit when they get a manager they will come out with some sort of explanation of why they did this and try and make it look like we had no option. They will do anything to hang onto their gigs.

Campbell and Lang should have gone on Monday too. I understand they are leading the recruitment drive too. We wonder why people don't want the job .

Where is MR in all this mess. If the teaparty crew he has charged with running the club couldn't convince or persuade Jobby to return then how can they be trusted to get this right. Time to re convene, again and get some of the rejected apps back out the bin. This whole affairwill go down in footballing folklore as the falkirk model I. E sack your whole team and sign a pile of shite via some chance who turns out to be their agent. 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You will see us next season? Are you about to go down two leagues all at once?

It's a deal if you will happily accept one or two (14 or 15) players from us in exchange [emoji106]

wheeeeeeee!  free fall.

hope to the big yin upstairs that the squad get the trench mentality and pull together and fingers crossed get something out of the game tomorrow. all this doom and gloom has really put a damper on my mood in recent days. if they crumble and get trounced, as will probably be the case trying to promote the club to a new suitor will get harder and harder. as well as the team confidence as it is, being non existant.

on monday when hartley went, initially it was jubilant joy and over the past few days it has slowly eroded to a depression when hearing all the usual suspects being banded about. then once hearing the preferred choices with this league experience have stepped back its now at rock bottom.

the board need to take responsibility for this mess and heads should roll.

i have no confidence in the bod appointing a miracle worker and unless the squad within themselves decide to prove a point and play with heart, desire and for the jersey it doesnt look good for coming season and all the relegation talk will become a reality.

maybe mr young will have different tactics from hartley and will make something out of them in short term to give us a glimmer of hope. my worry is that he bought into what hartley tried to do and persists in tactically following suit, thinking it will come good.....

Just  a few years ago our standing was so high that the Falkirk managers job was a sought after job not only for experienced pro's but up and coming talent wanting a start in club management.  It is a reality check for us all that by the looks of things nobody wants to touch us with a barge pole, that is how far we have fallen in the game.    What a mess ! The next appointment has to be the right one, get it wrong and it could all be over. Therefore is it time to call upon the great Alex Totten to once again step forward in this time of need even if its just a few games. Still think Russell Latepy would be a good choice.

1 minute ago, faedenny said:

maybe mr young will have different tactics from hartley and will make something out of them in short term to give us a glimmer of hope. my worry is that he bought into what hartley tried to do and persists in tactically following suit, thinking it will come good.....

He'd have to be an absolute idiot to persist with the tactics that have seen us well beaten in every league game leading to the dismissal of his former boss.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Still think Russell Latepy would be a good choice.

Really? Despite knowing he's a lazy git who doesn't even show up for training? It's going to be an absolute slog for the rest of the season with players working their socks off. Latapy doesn't seem to be the type that likes hard work.

So at the start of the week it was reported that we had received over 50 notes of interest, our BOD in all their wisdom came out with we have narrowed it down to 4, without actually stating this officially,  this all in the space of 3 days? That for a start doesn't sound right?

McCall knocks us back, understandable given Ayr's league position but lets face it that bubble will likely burst and McIntyre rules himself out even though there is no evidence to suggest (going by reports in the Falkirk Herald) that he has even been approached. What a time to be a Bairn!!! 

Is this our deepest crisis since Craig-gate? I guess it is, and potentially, it’s much deeper.

The one thing I do know is that whatever navel gazing goes on at TFS, it will never go deep enough to root out whatever the constants are in causing us stumbling from one calamity to the next. I think the cause is a consistent theme of allowing people to play at being football club movers and shakers, when they shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near it.

Thing is, if that’s the cause, then what’s the source? It’s easy to say “BoD”, and leave it at that, but I think if we drilled down further, it might well be one individual, or one process that is really at the core of it all.

Even now, the lessons have not been learned, and we might be into yet another Groundhog Day of the wrong people once again holding the keys to the sweetie shop, and so we go round again, heading for the next train crash.

So at the start of the week it was reported that we had received over 50 notes of interest, our BOD in all their wisdom came out with we have narrowed it down to 4, without actually stating this officially,  this all in the space of 3 days? That for a start doesn't sound right?
McCall knocks us back, understandable given Ayr's league position but lets face it that bubble will likely burst and McIntyre rules himself out even though there is no evidence to suggest (going by reports in the Falkirk Herald) that he has even been approached. What a time to be a Bairn!!! 

Stop being sensible!

Does anyone else log onto the site looking for a wee glimmer of hope for the weekend (and longer) and go off again feeling worse and kicked in the nuts for good measure?

Some of the suggestions are mind blowing at times from our own, no wonder as BPM raised we can’t pull together to sort the real issue.