The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Just when you are at your lowest ebb, McCall turns you down. Why would anyone turn down Falkirk over Ayr? I’m honestly shocked. Big Yogi has got to be your man now, surely.

Nonsense. There’s still plenty of time to ebb a good bit lower than this.

That was an experience reading back...

Turned down by Jimmy Mac and McCall so whoever gets the gig is *at least* 3rd choice.

Falkirk Herald are a local paper so they'll believe whatever the club tell them so anything in there is whatever the club want to be in there.

Hopkin is the only non-joke candidate of the names mentioned. People that post shite like "rumours of ??? getting the job" are the biggest attention seekers going. 

To save supporters of other teams the effort coming on here trying to wind us up by saying how crap we are, there's no point.  We know how crap we are right now.  There is nothing you can enlighten us on.  We are a fire in a fireworks factory right now.  Could hardly be worse.  So save your breath guys, we know already.  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

As you can see, everyone has more or less given up on the conjecture of who it might be. Even more telling, we have now gone beyond the tipping point where it’s no longer about hoping it’s x or y or z that gets the job. We are now in the place where we are praying it’s not a or b or c.

Dont know about 3rd choice or whatever, but there is certainly that uncomfortable feeling that we have moved from “best man for the job” to “who will be the least damaging”.

I really do hope that football history is cruel to Paul Hartley. What he has presided over from April until now simply beggars belief. I don’t think the “project” was flawed, but clearly the execution of the project has been calamitous.

I am convinced Hartley knew it was bad several weeks ago, but ran out of time and money to adequately cover it up.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That was an experience reading back...

Turned down by Jimmy Mac and McCall so whoever gets the gig is *at least* 3rd choice.

Falkirk Herald are a local paper so they'll believe whatever the club tell them so anything in there is whatever the club want to be in there.

Hopkin is the only non-joke candidate of the names mentioned. People that post shite like "rumours of ??? getting the job" are the biggest attention seekers going. 

Iv'e been told by someone ITK that Jim Mcinally is incoming. He usually spouts shite though so I am definitely only posting for the attention.

Falkirk fans once clubbed together to buy the most expensive player in the world (Sid Puddlefoot).   How about we  club together again to get a decent manager.   Maybe Fergie could be tempted out of retirement?  :) 

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Falkirk fans once clubbed together to buy the most expensive player in the world (Sid Puddlefoot).   How about we  club together again to get a decent manager :) 

They got £500 from me for season tickets, as a couple of pretend weegie pensioners like to say THAT'S PLENTY!!!!

5 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I'm thinking I'd take Yogi back now after it looks like few if any want the job.  I'd even have Co-Co the Clown at this stage as long as we get this crisis over and the team moving forward.  Let's face it, the doors have already fallen off our bandwagon.

So I take it your caretaker manager is going to be less effective than Co Co the clown? 

Its a shame you don't have the patience to at least see what he can do before deciding some clown will be a better choice. 

You never know guys, your caretaker could be the answer to your problems and, could end up being the best candidate for the job? 

13 minutes ago, P475 said:

So I take it your caretaker manager is going to be less effective than Co Co the clown? 

Its a shame you don't have the patience to at least see what he can do before deciding some clown will be a better choice. 

You never know guys, your caretaker could be the answer to your problems and, could end up being the best candidate for the job? 

Right now he's looking like the only candidate for the job. If we manage to score against Ross County, give him the job full time. 

Guest Back Post Misses
As you can see, everyone has more or less given up on the conjecture of who it might be. Even more telling, we have now gone beyond the tipping point where it’s no longer about hoping it’s x or y or z that gets the job. We are now in the place where we are praying it’s not a or b or c.

Dont know about 3rd choice or whatever, but there is certainly that uncomfortable feeling that we have moved from “best man for the job” to “who will be the least damaging”.

I really do hope that football history is cruel to Paul Hartley. What he has presided over from April until now simply beggars belief. I don’t think the “project” was flawed, but clearly the execution of the project has been calamitous.

I am convinced Hartley knew it was bad several weeks ago, but ran out of time and money to adequately cover it up.

I think what has happened has proven the project is flawed. It had absolutely no room for error. I said at the time we were not going to sign 15 players from English Academies and just turn up and roll teams over and it has proven to be right.

This all started to unravel way back at last year's AGM with the ludicrous defence of Henderson. It has been one bad press day after another since. The mood was lifted in the summer when we were all suckered in that the promises of quality looked like they could have come true. If we are all honest 45 minutes into our first competitive game the doubts started. They have built very quickly and it all come crashing down last Saturday and yesterday was a new low. They couldn't even appoint a guy who expressed and interest in the job and one who didn't have a job. That alone should tell everyone that the project is a disaster.

I would lay a pound to a pile of shit when they get a manager they will come out with some sort of explanation of why they did this and try and make it look like we had no option. They will do anything to hang onto their gigs.

Campbell and Lang should have gone on Monday too. I understand they are leading the recruitment drive too. We wonder why people don't want the job .

Heard they might not bother with a manager now. Re-routing the money.  They want to invest in infrastructure and build a fourth stand like other credible football clubs. Gregor Abel shall mix his hospitality duties with team selection and do the odd rendition of the Dunfermline song to top up his pension fund. So I hear anyway

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Heard they might not bother with a manager now. Re-routing the money.  They want to invest in infrastructure and build a fourth stand like other credible football clubs. Gregor Abel shall mix his hospitality duties with team selection and do the odd rendition of the Dunfermline song to top up his pension fund. So I hear anyway

More great banter from this guy.