The Falkirk FC Thread

Whoever gets the manager job, I'm getting behind him 100% whoever it is, even if I don't like the guy.  It's time to close ranks.  Second crisis season in a row.   Priority is a man manager, someone who can motivate and get the team fired up.  I think even our current bunch of players, properly motivated, will get us 5th or 6th.  We need to stabilise, and get through the season and then see where we go from there.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Whoever gets the manager job, I'm getting behind him 100% whoever it is, even if I don't like the guy.  It's time to close ranks.  Second crisis season in a row.   Priority is a man manager, someone who can motivate and get the team fired up.  I think even our current bunch of players, properly motivated, will get us 5th or 6th.  We need to stabilise, and get through the season. 

Why wouldnt anyone get 100% behind manager whoever it is ?

Fuk, I even got behind Lambie......

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Whoever gets the manager job, I'm getting behind him 100% whoever it is, even if I don't like the guy.  It's time to close ranks.  Second crisis season in a row.   Priority is a man manager, someone who can motivate and get the team fired up.  I think even our current bunch of players, properly motivated, will get us 5th or 6th.  We need to stabilise, and get through the season and then see where we go from there.

Agree with all of that except the "5th or 6th" part. Right now, I'd bite your hand off for 15 points by the end of December and the hope we can improve our squad in January.

Just now, MrDust said:

Why wouldnt anyone get 100% behind manager whoever it is ?

Fuk, I even got behind Lambie......

Yes, you're right.  I wanted to say something positive about the crap we find ourselves in again.  Maybe I'm not the most knowledgeable or fluent contributor here, but like us all, I'm hurting with the mess we are in.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Folk do realise the odds are based on who's actually betting on who?  It's not like Ian McCall is literally 2nd in the running for the job?

Aye, the drop in McCalls odds has probably been 4 guys listening to the Sportsound podcast placing bets of £20

31 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The academy is gone now and we need to move on from it. We stuck with it for 8 years and it got  us nowhere closer to getting out of this league.

It wasnt the academy that was holding us back it was the dreadful choice of manager. St mirren, hamilton and livi all got promoted on similar or smaller budgets. Academy has gone and wont come back now unless the sfa find that project brave is a pile of shite.

4 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

I have heard Hartley was on a rolling contract which was due for renewal in October, if and I mean IF true then it wouldn't have cost us that much to get rid of him. All just rumours though so who knows and we as customers will never likely find out. 

He was on a one year contract with one year rolling which means he is due approx 80 weeks wages with bonus involved am sure both party's have come to some sort of agreement he won't be walking away with nothing 

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Jesus, this is sounding grim. Out of that lot, has Stuart Taylor been a manager before? 

I'm assuming it's this Stuart Taylor.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/stuart-taylor/profil/trainer/12805

Rangers U20s coach at the moment. His only real management job was about 50 games in the League of Ireland about 4 years ago.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'm assuming it's this Stuart Taylor.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/stuart-taylor/profil/trainer/12805

Rangers U20s coach at the moment. His only real management job was about 50 games in the League of Ireland about 4 years ago.

No it's Stuart Taylor who used to play for us, last season at Brockville. He's been Paul Lambert's assistant recently.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No it's Stuart Taylor who used to play for us, last season at Brockville. He's been Paul Lambert's assistant recently.

That's who I've just linked. He was Lambert's assistant at Wolves and Falkirk are listed if you go further down to his playing career. Don't remember him as a player tbh.

Edited by lanky_ffc

He played for the Buds with Lambert , he was an assistant to Alec McDonald at Airdrie too , he's a fiery character. His most memorable moment as a Saint was v Airdrie , when we lost with a last minute goal. He absolutely blasted the ball into the Airdrie dug-out and a riot ensued, that's how Alec got a big red nose - allegedly !

4 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

That's who I've just linked. He was Lambert's assistant at Wolves and Falkirk are listed if you go further down to his playing career. Don't remember him as a player tbh.

Great player...signed by Ian McCall if i remember correctly. He perfected the late run into the box and scored a barrel load for us

4 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

If it's the guy I remember he was a really useful player. Goalscoring midfielder.

Or if it isn't, I've just confused him with someone else.

6 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

WHIT - he was class for us, came in second half of the season last year at Brockville. Scored about 10 goals in 15 games from midfield. Last ever Falkirk player to score at Brockville IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

If it's the guy I remember he was a really useful player. Goalscoring midfielder.

Or if it isn't, I've just confused him with someone else.

Yep goalscoring midfielder who I`m sure holds the distinction of scoring the last ever goal at Brockville (for Falkirk)  

Edited by 60`s bairn