The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

If we are really lucky he's maybe even asked to be let go to get away from a dressing room that seems to dislike him and even further away from the mess he made. 

Doubt it, but you can always dream. 

I reckon he was quite happy to get away. He can then say he's not had enough time etc . He knows he's left a pig in a poke if you ask me.

We are one of the few clubs who have managed to maintain a decent support at this level. Yet most of us know fair weather fans who have drifted away. The BOD need to remember we are meant to be in the entertainment business.The good times will return but the call they will make in appointing our next manager is crucial as to when Get it right then we can make championship survival our goal Get it wrong we could lose significant support . Compared to the clubs we compete with (8th largest support and 6 th best facilities and location ) then we have been dramatically underperforming for 10 yrs. The question has to be WHY

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I reckon he was quite happy to get away. He can then say he's not had enough time etc . He knows he's left a pig in a poke if you ask me.

Yep, and the likelihood is that his utter dross will continue to stink the place out for weeks to come. 

If I'd seen the QoS game as a manager I'd have wanted to be so far away from this stinking turd if a squad you'd have needed the SAS to find me. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

That would tie in with the fact that everything was done pretty quickly. If there had been a decent payoff then I could see us holding out for a bit longer in hope that things improved.

That's what makes me think there is a bit of substance to it, it wouln't be like our Board to pull the trigger if it was going to hit their pockets. 

I am actually in the same place as Stuperman. I haven’t a clue as to who would be best to pick up the reins at the TFS. Obviously aware of a few of the names being banded about, but these seems to be many others whose names I may know, but beyond that, I haven’t a scooby as to their managerial standing.

McIntyre seems to be the principled guy. Hopkins seem to be the galvanising/results guy, but given he walked out on Livingston publically citing “want to be nearer  my family” as the reason, but with undertones of “I really can’t be associated with this stuff anymore”, it’s hard to say exactly where his head (and heart) lies at the moment.

I don’t know, and we just have to hope that there’s others capable of doing better than just guessing.

4 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

No thanks.

Agreed. Bizarre names tbh (Donati??!!) Clark is a ludicrous character who brought in a job lot of unknowns from England to disastrous consequences, sounds familiar. No thanks and surely no chance, no job for a rookie

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Goes into the club I would presume. I would doubt it is a massive revenue stream but every little helps.

As far as the service provided, and what it costs (I use it a fair bit) I couldnt help noticing the quality of QoS highlights compared to ours, and they had camers behind the goals for different angles etc. I wonder why we charge 8 pounds a game and yet cant keep up with the ball never mind have multiple cameras yet the away team can... Question for them obviosuly, just musing.

I agree.  I watched the QOS highlights and it was really good, makes ours look very poor.  I appreciate our guy's voluntary efforts, 10/10 for commitment, but maybe they should watch the QOS footage and learn a bit.

dont think any of the listed contenders inspire much confidence to be honest. dont know who i would want. still kind of disconnected with club at present. i wonder when they will make a decison/ announcement, they have stated it would be quick but i dont want a snap knee jerk decision, we have missed the transfer window now any way, so please get it right. and is there anyway we could reinstate the academy as the consnsus is by all looking in that this was a poor decision to get rid of.

3 minutes ago, faedenny said:

dont think any of the listed contenders inspire much confidence to be honest. dont know who i would want. still kind of disconnected with club at present. i wonder when they will make a decison/ announcement, they have stated it would be quick but i dont want a snap knee jerk decision, we have missed the transfer window now any way, so please get it right. and is there anyway we could reinstate the academy as the consnsus is by all looking in that this was a poor decision to get rid of.

The academy is gone now and we need to move on from it. We stuck with it for 8 years and it got  us nowhere closer to getting out of this league.

Edited by EdiBairn

In terms of excitement at an appointment I'd probably have to go back to McCall in summer 02 for the last time I was jovial at a new manager.

Just typical that lasted 6 months and we didn't get to see what could have been achieved.

I remember Yogi being pretty unpopular when he got the job solo In summer 03 as most would have preferred Coyle.

Since then May, Pressley, Holt, Houston and Hartley have all been very meh appointments.

Our board are largely unexciting with these and I have very little confidence they know what to ask when interviewing candidates. 

Edited by Gaz FFC

The academy is gone now and we need to move on from it. We stuck with it for 8 years and it got  us nowhere closer to getting out of this league.

Thank god someone has mentioned this. I’ll never blame the board for freeing up funds to help the first team get a decent group of players to FINALLY get out of this league (the right way).

We’ve signed shite with it, but if in future windows it allows us to recruit better players with more money than our competitors can, I’m all for it.