The Falkirk FC Thread

Just listened to the podcast on RockSport Radio speaking about our managerial vacancy.

The presenter tried to get Peter Houston on to discuss it and said he “didn’t want to comment on it at this time” and said read into that what you will. He said he either knows something or just didn’t want to say anything.

He said Houston asked the board about the possibility to scrap the academy for more funds in the first team and they said no.

They got someone from the Falkirk Herald on who stated the following:

Dick Campbell didn’t have an interview today.

The club have received a high amount of applicants from the UK and Abroad.

Some players think training is not tough enough and they aren’t physical enough with each other.

https://www.podbean.com/media/player/6c4r5-986126?mix=1

Link for anyone who wants to listen.

If we can get someone in before the weekend, will they be able to get any other players in the door? Can we cancel loan deals at all?
I'd doubt we can cancel the loan deals unless it was made clear to the parent club that they'll get zero game time and they were happy to take them back. Given the opportunity I'd send Turner home but if a new manager got a couple of players in then I'd be interested to see if Sammut can do better under the new manager

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A good few stated that Hartley wasn’t at Falkirk to make friends, and that was perfectly fine, because he was going to fix Houston’s mess, and set the club up in a new and sustainable way.

When you then become someone generally disliked by those within the club (particularly those who do voluntary work on an ethical level, and those in the employed by the club on a professional level), then you better be helluva good at your job, because if you”re not, then friends and backers will be few and far between. Clearly that’s a life lesson that Mr Hartley hadn’t quite grasped.

To be fair, it's a lesson a few managers could do with learning this season. That bellend and Manchester United, for one. 

44 minutes ago, Rocco said:
3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:
If we can get someone in before the weekend, will they be able to get any other players in the door? Can we cancel loan deals at all?

I'd doubt we can cancel the loan deals unless it was made clear to the parent club that they'll get zero game time and they were happy to take them back. Given the opportunity I'd send Turner home but if a new manager got a couple of players in then I'd be interested to see if Sammut can do better under the new manager

If the training isn't physical enough, no wonder Sammut is wandering around like a deer in headlights during a game. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If Paul Paton contributes f**k all else, he should surely be able to ensure the appropriate level of kicking goes on in training ffs

Can't kick them if you can't catch them, which seems to be most of his issue. He's either criminally slow, or criminally lazy. 

Can't kick them if you can't catch them, which seems to be most of his issue. He's either criminally slow, or criminally lazy. 
Its training. If they need kicked, set up a 4 on 4 in a 5 m2 box!

Maybe the lack of intensity is what was behind McGhees comments about aggression etc.

I genuinely thought the one thing we wouldnt see this season was a lack of intensity so bot really sure whats went on there, but its one of the reasons why id like Hopkin in. I dont want to see any more shitebaggery.

Guest Back Post Misses
That's a bit of a strong word for one fan to use about another. Particularly when the fan in question is an inoffensive little guy who's been following Falkirk for decades. 
I made a post recently, in response to Shodwall I think, in which I explained the reasons why the likes of FFCTV have to be so tactful when interviewing managers. I'm happy to dig that out and post it again if you want.
In the meantime, what exactly has Lewis done to be deserving of the word "coward"?

Difficult job interviewing on a club product. He was subjected to Hartley being rude to him which was bang out of order. Mind you from what you hear the little toad was rude to just about everyone.

These guys do a good job without too much support or thanks. It isn't perfect but it provides a good service.

Here's hoping the new manager is a bit more helpful and understanding of their role and service this team of guys provide.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its training. If they need kicked, set up a 4 on 4 in a 5 m2 box!

Maybe the lack of intensity is what was behind McGhees comments about aggression etc.

I genuinely thought the one thing we wouldnt see this season was a lack of intensity so bot really sure whats went on there, but its one of the reasons why id like Hopkin in. I dont want to see any more shitebaggery.

He's miss Sammut even if he was in a lift with him. If anyone needs a kick up the arse, it's the guys who have been around the league for a while. Owen-Evans and the like have been disappointing, but guys that have been here before, Paton Muirhead and the like have even less hiding space. It's one thing to be shite when you're catching up to an expected pace or style, it's an entirely different thing to shitebag a league you've been playing in for years. 

Difficult job interviewing on a club product. He was subjected to Hartley being rude to him which was bang out of order. Mind you from what you hear the little toad was rude to just about everyone.

These guys do a good job without too much support or thanks. It isn't perfect but it provides a good service.

Here's hoping the new manager is a bit more helpful and understanding of their role and service this team of guys provide.
Whilst I agree with all this, its also worth noting that FTV is a pretty expensive service. Who gets the money?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Whilst I agree with all this, its also worth noting that FTV is a pretty expensive service. Who gets the money?

Surely it all goes towards the crack infrastructure we use to keep our vast swathes of overseas fans happy? 

Guest Back Post Misses

Goes into the club I would presume. I would doubt it is a massive revenue stream but every little helps.

Goes into the club I would presume. I would doubt it is a massive revenue stream but every little helps.
As far as the service provided, and what it costs (I use it a fair bit) I couldnt help noticing the quality of QoS highlights compared to ours, and they had camers behind the goals for different angles etc. I wonder why we charge 8 pounds a game and yet cant keep up with the ball never mind have multiple cameras yet the away team can... Question for them obviosuly, just musing.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

As far as the service provided, and what it costs (I use it a fair bit) I couldnt help noticing the quality of QoS highlights compared to ours, and they had camers behind the goals for different angles etc. I wonder why we charge 8 pounds a game and yet cant keep up with the ball never mind have multiple cameras yet the away team can... Question for them obviosuly, just musing.

To be fair, the shonky camera work has been a bugbear of mine for a while now as well. Maybe they'd be better off in the corner? Who knows. 

I want someone in who can bring us all together for one common purpose, to see our team do better.

We are a notoriously fickle support but do well for us, put a team on the park that will fight for us and by f**k we will get behind you.

I'm no great lover of TFS but we have all seen the place rocking when the team have given us something to get vocal about.

Whether its players, staff, fans we need a manager to come in and get everyone pulling in the same direction towards the progression of Falkirk FC.

Make the experience of going to The Falkirk Stadium a positive one again.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Tbf Qots don't do live streaming. 

I've used Falkirk TV once, ParsTv used there stream when they didn't have a cameraman or something and the quality of the stream was pretty decent, wasn't jumpy or laggy, it wasn't HD but it was perfectly serviceable. ParsTv as it is now is better though and is only 5 pound a game, I've no idea how much the Falkirk one has improved in two years though. 

The commentators were awful though. 

Tbf Qots don't do live streaming. 
I've used Falkirk TV once, ParsTv used there stream when they didn't have a cameraman or something and the quality of the stream was pretty decent, wasn't jumpy or laggy, it wasn't HD but it was perfectly serviceable. ParsTv as it is now is better though and is only 5 pound a game, I've no idea how much the Falkirk one has improved in two years though. 

The commentators were awful though. 
They used to use multiple cameras back in the day. Its not generally the stream quality, more the workmanship. It surely cant be that hard to keep the camera on the play, but they tend to wander off, with jerky motions to catch up etc. Like most fans in this divisions I have scraped about various clubs highlights, I have always been jealous of the quality of most of the other in conparison to ours.

The commentary I dislike but I can forgive because they are fans.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They used to use multiple cameras back in the day. Its not generally the stream quality, more the workmanship. It surely cant be that hard to keep the camera on the play, but they tend to wander off, with jerky motions to catch up etc. Like most fans in this divisions I have scraped about various clubs highlights, I have always been jealous of the quality of most of the other in conparison to ours.

The regular cameraman who'd been doing it for years left last season and the young guy who replaced him may still be learning. He's not bad and you certainly notice the difference in quality when he's not there and one of the commentators has to do it instead. I think it's because as fans they have a tendency to watch the game with the naked eye rather than through the viewfinder, so the camera doesn't always keep up with play. They're doing their best but at the end of the day they're not professionals.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is a great shout. QoS highlights were excellent quality, way beyond FFC TV.

Im not a subscriber so do t really care but I too wonder why that is.