The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

Maybe he's non commital because he doesn't give a f**k about it. He's said before when he's done with Ayr, he's done. 

He also said he wouldnt leave us for anyone apart from the old firm. I think hes still got ambitions in the game although he may not admit it.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He also said he wouldnt leave us for anyone apart from the old firm. I think hes still got ambitions in the game although he may not admit it.

He's a far different man to the guy 15 years ago. He's battled his demons and he's found a job where he is valued and trusted and where most importantly, he's not stressed. No way in the world is he leaving that all behind to walk into this shitshow. 

25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's a bit of a strong word for one fan to use about another. Particularly when the fan in question is an inoffensive little guy who's been following Falkirk for decades. 

I made a post recently, in response to Shodwall I think, in which I explained the reasons why the likes of FFCTV have to be so tactful when interviewing managers. I'm happy to dig that out and post it again if you want.

In the meantime, what exactly has Lewis done to be deserving of the word "coward"?

Just a wee throwaway poorly conceived jokey comment. You clearly know him personally so apologies for any offence caused. 

I'd not want to do that job and if someone is being a cock to a volunteer when they're a relatively well paid employee then it really doesn't paint them in a good light. 

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

He's a far different man to the guy 15 years ago. He's battled his demons and he's found a job where he is valued and trusted and where most importantly, he's not stressed. No way in the world is he leaving that all behind to walk into this shitshow. 

Well hes defo speaking to us at least and then he'll make his mind up as far as im aware.

That's a bit of a strong word for one fan to use about another. Particularly when the fan in question is an inoffensive little guy who's been following Falkirk for decades. 
I made a post recently, in response to Shodwall I think, in which I explained the reasons why the likes of FFCTV have to be so tactful when interviewing managers. I'm happy to dig that out and post it again if you want.
In the meantime, what exactly has Lewis done to be deserving of the word "coward"?

Spot on. The guy gives his time up week in and week out to support the club in a way that many wouldn’t dream of doing after 15 pints. Get a grip

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Just a wee throwaway poorly conceived jokey comment. You clearly know him personally so apologies for any offence caused. 

I'd not want to do that job and if someone is being a cock to a volunteer when they're a relatively well paid employee then it really doesn't paint them in a good light. 

Fair enough Marshy. No offence taken.

35 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Lewis does a fine job. Easiest job ever if you're interviewing a guy after a 4-0 win. Tough as f**k if you've just sat through that garbage. 

More power to the wee baldy bloke. Bleeds Falkirk him.

If he was like that to an unpaid worker God knows what he was like with the players when things were going tits up. No wonder they could not give a toss on Saturday. Think the departure may have been quick because of player complaints?
Think the departure may have been quick because he's a c#*t.

A good few stated that Hartley wasn’t at Falkirk to make friends, and that was perfectly fine, because he was going to fix Houston’s mess, and set the club up in a new and sustainable way.

When you then become someone generally disliked by those within the club (particularly those who do voluntary work on an ethical level, and those employed by the club on a professional level), then you better be helluva good at your job, because if you”re not, then friends and backers will be few and far between. Clearly that’s a life lesson that Mr Hartley hadn’t quite grasped.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just listened to the podcast on RockSport Radio speaking about our managerial vacancy.

The presenter tried to get Peter Houston on to discuss it and said he “didn’t want to comment on it at this time” and said read into that what you will. He said he either knows something or just didn’t want to say anything.

He said Houston asked the board about the possibility to scrap the academy for more funds in the first team and they said no.

They got someone from the Falkirk Herald on who stated the following:

Dick Campbell didn’t have an interview today.

The club have received a high amount of applicants from the UK and Abroad.

Some players think training is not tough enough and they aren’t physical enough with each other.