The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Talk in the pub after the game on Saturday was that he had a rolling 1 year contract. BPM you'll maybe be able to confirm or deny. BTW it wasn't Brian Stewart that said it....

Don’t know. When I asked the question all I was told he is not too expensive to get shot of.

If you stuck them in the team though i guarantee you we would still go down.  Grants fecked and watsons murder. It was a major achievement on hartleys pary finding players in worst state than that pair.

Albeit only seen him 2 games, Watson certainly doesn’t look murder at all. Him and frans look like making a very very strong partnership

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

What is remarkable to me, is that if half a dozen supporters (young and old) had seen these players in games prior to signing for us, I reckon they would have come to a collective conclusion that they were nowhere near good enough.

It would seem that a fair number of them have been signed on the say so of “Mitch” who may or may not, be the agent for some of them. If that is indeed the case, then what we are seeing is what our BoD and Hartley deserve, and it seems whenever things calm down, FFC always seem to invite chancers in the front door....George Craig and “Mitch” being the prime examples.

Couple of games were enough for me to realise dross like Petravicious and Dallison were w**k.

I wouldn't be stunned to find out the scout had done f**k all scouting and took these guys on based on chats with helpful agents. 

No one who had ever watched the Championship could possibly have thought someone like Owen Evans could be part of a title winning squad. 

That opens up questions. Many questions.

What is remarkable to me, is that if half a dozen supporters (young and old) had seen these players in games prior to signing for us, I reckon they would have come to a collective conclusion that they were nowhere near good enough.

Are you sure?
Most on here felt players were being played out of position (true) and that if adjusted we still had potential....right up to Saturday that is....

53 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

To get 4/5 players in now buy you some time till Christmas would cost you c100k. If we go without anything new till Christmas IMO we will be far too far adrift and it will cost the club a lot more than 100k when we go down. Mark my words this squad is taking us down.

If they take the attitude we are not trusting him with another penny they are signing the club’s relegation fate IMO.

If they don’t either sack him or back him this week it will be a disgrace. You just can’t sit back and hope he can turn this group into something remotely competitive. Worst squad since the Centenary Squad of 75/76. That had taken some doing too.

The Centenary squad was full of over the hill has beens, this lot are never will be's.

Guest Back Post Misses

Are you sure?
Most on here felt players were being played out of position (true) and that if adjusted we still had potential....right up to Saturday that is....

Not for me. They were shite the first time I saw them and after the ICT I had made my mind up on most of them

37 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you sure?

I was in that mindset to be honest. Reckoned i'd seen most of them play horrendously out of position and wanted to give them a chance to impress in their natural position.

By f**k was I wrong

my first 45mins of seeing the new team. appreciate I've only seen some players and its a friendly however been pretty underwhelmed with what I've seen so far.

most players seem a downgrade on what we had. taiwo imo looks a better player than Paton found myself longing for sibbald jak or even hippolyte. we are toothless up front and next game is competitive. we haven't scored in 3.5 of our 4.5 friendlies desperately need jak back ohara and Lewis are a step back. brough gave possession away quite a bit and is rather Robson was in at left back even though he doesn't fit the giants plan. Harrison looks a bit overweight and slow although played well enough. highlight was dallison who imo is the only step up on what we had based on that showing.

their goalie had one save to make. we really need a proven striker urgently.

other positives are we look big fit and quick and move the ball well but never really created.

hopefully second half see something to give more hope!

posted this on July 10th after 45minutes of the alloa game. sadly more than underwhelmed now.

14 minutes ago, Trump said:

RandomGuy levels of rumours here.

I do get told some stuff to be fair but your right I'm just a random guy so will stop posting.

I don't believe half the stuff posted so not sure why anyone would believe me.

Good day.

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Albeit only seen him 2 games, Watson certainly doesn’t look murder at all. Him and frans look like making a very very strong partnership

The boy frans must be some player. Youve seen him in 2 ive seen him in over 50. Believe me I know a shit centreback when i see one.

Edited by Shodwall cat

32 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Watson was better than the shite we have replaced him with.

Thats no really saying much though. I'd rather have john stewart than skme of these cants.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you sure?

You would imagine if it was “ok, You six guys are going to assess the number 3. He is an attacking left back”, then six people would have had a consensus on whether or not he was good enough.

4 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

By all accounts McKee has been working his balls off in training trying to impress so I’d have him straight in on Saturday. I fucking hate Paul Paton.

I would start McKee as well, he might not be the bravest player but he is a much better player than paul paton. He plays like a fucking wheelie bin with a strip stapled to it.

20 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I would start McKee as well, he might not be the bravest player but he is a much better player than paul paton. He plays like a fucking wheelie bin with a strip stapled to it.

I'd rather we had signed Dusty Bin than Paton.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thats exactly my point. He's got 10 shit players in front of him we need to sort out first.

Saying that, Mutch is probably a better goalie in either case. Worst time to stick a young goalie in though. Shipping three goals a game would finish him.