The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

He was on loan there from Newport. Not sure if Truro are any worse than the likes of Gateshead or Harrogate where Greenwood and Nelson were jobbing around.

This is a very telling quote though which sums up our w**k of a scouting process :-

The move came about out of the blue. I was looking away from Newport after they said I wasn’t going to be around it this year.

“There were afew Conference South teams lurking around for me but nothing special. My agent asked what I thought of Falkirk and I said straight away ‘I like the sound of that’.”

Good quote. So he knows he is shite and laughs at the fact we wanted him. f**k me.

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Honestly, I don’t know specifically who is at fault here. It does piss me off when people automatically blame the board without justifiable reasons though.
In this case however, the overall responsibility for the strategy lies with the board.
I can’t blame them for appointing Hartley. He was the majority on here’s first choice.
I can blame them for closing the Academy as a supposed cost saving measure though.
I can blame Hartley for signing below par players.
I can also blame him for us losing core players such as Taiwo, Sibbs, and Miller....hell, I can even blame him for losing Kerr such as how poor we are.
Who’s responsible for the clown down South I don’t know but he or she should have the dignity to resign immediately for that appointment....

yeah, i just don't blame them for this appointment and think most of your concerns are because hartely has turned out to be useless.

I couldn't really care less about the Academy to be honest.  I would have made the same decision to invest funds and get us out of this division so i can't really blame them for that either.

I'll be blaming them if they let this bad run turn into a relegation battle if a decision to sack the manager is not made when the time is right.  It's probably a couple of bad results away.

43 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

In isolation one bad managerial choice is bad luck. This mob have chosen badly on a consistant basis though and god knows who'll be the next dumpling they land us with. We've been down here nearly 10 years whilst the likes of hamilton, st mirren and livi have gone past us. How come they can get it right and yet our crew cant?

Not sure how far back you want to go but I'd grade the managers as

May 0/10

Pressley 3/10

Holt 6/10

Houston 8/10

Hartley 5/10

I agree with all the points being made here and I think we can all accept that the Board made their decisions with the very best of intentions and all of us fans really bought into it. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out.

what do we do?

i think we’ve got to start again accepting that we need cash and lots of it.

As a suggestion,  all ST holders should be invited to pay again for their tickets (I accept that some won’t be able to afford it) and that is fine.

The Board should be asked to resign and offer themselves for re-election along with some new faces as there is no point in giving cash to the same people who got it so wrong , albeit with the best of intentions. The newly elected board should also be asked to put in loans of around, say, £25k each to show intent and give them some motivation to get it right.

i appreciate that we can’t do this overnight but something along those lines is needed to avoid us sinking into oblivion.

what do you think?

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
8 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:
Thanks for Watson emoji8.png

yep. loads of falkirk fans on here slated him and we now have Harrison and dallison. I also took some stick for saying he had a goal in him. on Saturday he himself in one game scored more than the whole of our team in 3 games.

To be fair, they were only playing Thistle though. And they are absolutely horseshit. Just wait until we play Par.. oh.

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
11 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:
Thanks for Watson emoji8.png

yep. loads of falkirk fans on here slated him and we now have Harrison and dallison. I also took some stick for saying he had a goal in him. on Saturday he himself in one game scored more than the whole of our team in 3 games.

Yip him and Grant are better than what we have.

If the board say nothing, and we get hammered again on Saturday, then hell mend them. Ultimately, all the “it’s your club” stuff is nonsense too. It’s the major shareholder’s club, and if they choose to run it as their personal plaything, there is nothing to stop them.

Hell, they met the initial purchase price, but the ongoing running costs of their plaything is met by us, the support. If they choose to exercise their rights of ownership and allow this mess to continue, then the Falkirk support have a few rights they can exercise too.

I would suggest that process is already underway. Remember CCs request that we “encourage lapsed supporters to attend”. Oh my goodness.

Not only will that not happen, those who already come along (particularly the PATG customers) will now begin to exercise their rights....just like the BoD.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

The board need to act now IMO. The next 2 games can be safely written off but we need to get someone new in now so that we don't lose the next 2 or 3 after that.
I certainly wouldn't trust Hartley and the scout with a penny more. any money should be used to pay him off and get someone else in

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:
2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
The board need to act now IMO. The next 2 games can be safely written off but we need to get someone new in now so that we don't lose the next 2 or 3 after that.

I certainly wouldn't trust Hartley and the scout with a penny more. any money should be used to pay him off and get someone else in

Yep, I now no longer want any signings whilst he's here. 

I'd rather save the funds for January. 

Got to think we can't be paying Mitchell much. He'd be the first to go for me. 

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Yep, I now no longer want any signings whilst he's here. 

I'd rather save the funds for January. 

Got to think we can't be paying Mitchell much. He'd be the first to go for me. 

Possibly makes his money from agent’s fees rather than salary.

If the board say nothing, and we get hammered again on Saturday, then hell mend them. Ultimately, all the “it’s your club” stuff is nonsense too. It’s the major shareholder’s club, and if they choose to run it as their personal plaything, there is nothing to stop them.
Hell, they met the initial purchase price, but the ongoing running costs of their plaything is met by us, the support. If they choose to exercise their rights of ownership and allow this mess to continue, then the Falkirk support have a few rights they can exercise too.
I would suggest that process is already underway. Remember CCs request that we “encourage lapsed supporters to attend”. Oh my goodness.
Not only will that not happen, those who already come along (particularly the PATG customers) will now begin to exercise their rights....just like the BoD.
yep. I'm angry at the moment. without going to any more away games (I've been to 2 already) it will probably cost somewhere in the region of £700 this season. I swithered for weeks on the season ticket at the moment. like most of us I don't go to games expecting to be promoted but the minimum I expect is to be competitive and entertained. imagine having persuaded a friend to pay for a season ticket to watch what we've watched so far!

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
7 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Agree with this. He has blown enough on shite already.

Use what we have to pay him off.

the goals are on the match thread. deary me even worse than I remember. Irving dreaming at the throw in at the first (the same thing happened 5 mins before by way of a warning) Harrison defending of the second was cringeworthy too slow unaware and didn't even tackle. dobbie isn't even quick and with the ball at his feet roasted him. Paton brushed off easily for the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with all the points being made here and I think we can all accept that the Board made their decisions with the very best of intentions and all of us fans really bought into it. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out.

what do we do?

i think we’ve got to start again accepting that we need cash and lots of it.

As a suggestion,  all ST holders should be invited to pay again for their tickets (I accept that some won’t be able to afford it) and that is fine.

The Board should be asked to resign and offer themselves for re-election along with some new faces as there is no point in giving cash to the same people who got it so wrong , albeit with the best of intentions. The newly elected board should also be asked to put in loans of around, say, £25k each to show intent and give them some motivation to get it right.

i appreciate that we can’t do this overnight but something along those lines is needed to avoid us sinking into oblivion.

what do you think?

Does this hypothetical board get their 25k back when the fan's choice for manager turns out to be a dud?

or are we just asking people to sink money on a bet?

asking for the rich FFC supporters growing on trees.