The Falkirk FC Thread

I couldn't tell if Russell was right or left footed, looked like he was comfortable with both. I'd be happy enough with Robson LB, Russell RB and McGhee back at centre half.

Harrison not tackling Dobbie after he'd beat him for pace for the 2nd goal was shitebaggery of the highest order, get him to f**k.

Guest Back Post Misses
To be fair Russell looked quite good on Saturday. Personally id like to see him start the next game with Russell RB and Robson LB

Russell was a waste of a wage when we had 2 LB’s already and were screaming out for a LB. He looks half decent but there was no need to sign him.

Players have to be brought in this week. No ifs or buts. Of Saturday’s side I have no confidence in many of the new players. Fasan, Greenwood, Haber and Irving. These would be the only ones I would start.

Mckee is better than Paton so he would need to come in. Add McGhee and Muirhead that leaves the need for 4 others to start.

RB, 2 in midfield and a striker.

Fasan

New McGhee Muirhead Robson

New New Irving Greenwood

New Haber

At a push shove Mckee beside Irving.

So that would leave only one the English scout has brought in, so he can be relieved of his duties.

Russell was a waste of a wage when we had 2 LB’s already and were screaming out for a LB. He looks half decent but there was no need to sign him.

Players have to be brought in this week. No ifs or buts. Of Saturday’s side I have no confidence in many of the new players. Fasan, Greenwood, Haber and Irving. These would be the only ones I would start.

Mckee is better than Paton so he would need to come in. Add McGhee and Muirhead that leaves the need for 4 others to start.

McKee is a complete shitebag though. I know Paton hasn't been great but he has showed some dig

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

My biggest issue regarding Paton is that I'd happily have him out the team but who do we currently have that you could put in place? None of our other midfielders are physical enough and as shite as he was on Saturday I think we'd get destroyed by RC if you played a midfield two of Sammut and Irving.

If he is allowed to bring in a couple of more players then a commanding midfielder has to be one of them. I think we'd look a much better team just now if we had Harkins instead of Paton

Big worry that Hartley thinks Paton is better than Taiwo.  He’s not he is shit.

I think we are in for a really tough time at Dingwall. Dreading the trip.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fasan

New New Irving Greenwood

New Haber

So that would leave only one the English scout has brought in, so he can be relieved of his duties.

That just about sums up all the players i don't actively hate. You're 100% right, that need to happen as soon as humanly possible.

14 hours ago, Rocco said:
14 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:
We ended up this way by allowing a wee bit of George Craigism to creep back into the club. Basically, no footballing governance or oversight into the football side of the business. Obviously, there’s free rein, and there’s free rein, but it seems as though three people got to go a bit wild, and what we have is the result of that.

Can't argue with that

Don't have much timie for the man but i'd take George Craig back anyday.  at least we had some players worth paying money to see when he was around.

it amazes me the amount of fans comparing this mess to the days we were playing SPL football every week and watching the likes of Latapy.  

Edited by tirso

Despondent we still have Hartley! Accepting at the end of the day the BOD mean well And like us are fans then ultimately yet again we have to trust them without club ! Most of them put in many hours of unpaid work in exchange for the tea party membership and the glory!
They have earned the right to make decisions MR as I've said before is a good guy but would give up his role if anyone else was daft enough to invest in our shambles ( invest is probably the wrong word}
The people he has asked to run the club like ML are also supporters and would love success!i I admire their bravery in taking on such a job with no pay ! BUT there comes a point when it's better to have a regime change or there will be a walking away by the support! Maybe being relegated and becoming an Airdrie many supporters think ' it will never happen to us" Such a possibility is definitely possible unless we have strong leadership. A committee of however well meaning local worthies is domed to fail spectacularly as we see before our eyes! Yes sack Hartley I'm assuming that's in Motion but where to from here .

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Despondent we still have Hartley! Accepting at the end of the day the BOD mean well And like us are fans then ultimately yet again we have to trust them without club ! Most of them put in many hours of unpaid work in exchange for the tea party membership and the glory!
They have earned the right to make decisions MR as I've said before is a good guy but would give up his role if anyone else was daft enough to invest in our shambles ( invest is probably the wrong word}
The people he has asked to run the club like ML are also supporters and would love success!i I admire their bravery in taking on such a job with no pay ! BUT there comes a point when it's better to have a regime change or there will be a walking away by the support! Maybe being relegated and becoming an Airdrie many supporters think ' it will never happen to us" Such a possibility is definitely possible unless we have strong leadership. A committee of however well meaning local worthies is domed to fail spectacularly as we see before our eyes! Yes sack Hartley I'm assuming that's in Motion but where to from here .

good post.  The board and the support generally all thought getting Hartely in was a good move.  

The board backed him with getting in new players.

It hasn't worked out.  I dont' see how it's the board's fault.  This is all on the manager.

What specifically do fans want from the board?  i'm lost.

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fasan

New New Irving Greenwood

New Haber

You could put Kidd at RB, Greenwood on the right, McKee in the middle and Russell/Robson on the left of midfield. Lewis looks dire but put a shift in at least so he can go next to Haber. None of that is amazing but it's at least passable for 8th place I'd have thought.

We need Muirhead out of the team so key area of focus has to be a RB or a CB.

Just now, tirso said:

good post.  The board and the support generally all thought getting Hartely in was a good move.  

It hasn't worked out.  I dont' see how it's the board's fault.  This is all on the manager.

This is my thoughts as well but to be fair I don't pay much attention to the goings on at boardroom level so there will be more on here better placed to comment than me.

We were all happy with the appointment but it hasn't worked out after being very well backed. Comments about not trusting them to make the next appointment are rubbish in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, tirso said:

i want the board to take action pronto. they ultimately rightly or wrongly backed hartleys plan and so need to take account and responsibility to get us out of this mess before we get any worse if that is even possible. currently we are in free fall at mo.

Guest Back Post Misses
You could put Kidd at RB, Greenwood on the right, McKee in the middle and Russell/Robson on the left of midfield. Lewis looks dire but put a shift in at least so he can go next to Haber. None of that is amazing but it's at least passable for 8th place I'd have thought.
We need Muirhead out of the team so key area of focus has to be a RB or a CB.

It needs 4/5 players IMO or we will go down. Don’t disagree on Kidd Tbf.

2 minutes ago, faedenny said:

i want the board to take action pronto. they ultimately rightly or wrongly backed hartleys plan and so need to take account and responsibility to get us out of this mess before we get any worse if that is even possible. currently we are in free fall at mo.

Good point. They need to sack him today.

His signings have been awful. 

Guest Back Post Misses

IMO the plan is two directors not the full board .

15 minutes ago, tirso said:

Don't have much timie for the man but i'd take George Craig back anyday.  at least we had some players worth paying money to see when he was around.

it amazes me the amount of fans comparing this mess to the days we were playing SPL football every week and watching the likes of Latapy.  

We nearly didnt have a club at all due to that clown . VAT bills disappearing behind sideboards and his Eddie May project etc. Your off your nut if you want him back.

14 minutes ago, tirso said:

In isolation one bad managerial choice is bad luck. This mob have chosen badly on a consistant basis though and god knows who'll be the next dumpling they land us with. We've been down here nearly 10 years whilst the likes of hamilton, st mirren and livi have gone past us. How come they can get it right and yet our crew cant?

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Back Post Misses
McKee is a complete shitebag though. I know Paton hasn't been great but he has showed some dig

Paton is the worst footballer in this division. I can kick people too

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

In isolation one bad managerial choice is bad luck. This mob have chosen badly on a consistant basis though and god knows who'll be the next dumpling this mob land us with.

Not sure I agree with that. Houston surely can't be looked upon as a bad choice? Yes it fizzled out but we got to a cup final and had 2 very good 2nd place finishes.

Again 99% of us were delighted with the appointment of Hartley and probably 100% delighted with Houston's appointment. If it was us appointinh the manager Hartley would have got the job.