The Falkirk FC Thread

I see AC Milan are after big Tim Krul.

Falkirk have had some great keepers in the last few years. Krul, Kasper Schmeichel playing well at Leicester City, Bobby Olijinek(sp.) is playing in league one and McGovern is one of the best in the division. Going back to when I got into Thistle, Gordon Marshall was always impressive. Any thoughts from you Bairns on previous keepers? I appreciate if you don't mention Myles Hogarth :P

Falkirk have had some great keepers in the last few years. Krul, Kasper Schmeichel playing well at Leicester City, Bobby Olijinek(sp.) is playing in league one and McGovern is one of the best in the division. Going back to when I got into Thistle, Gordon Marshall was always impressive. Any thoughts from you Bairns on previous keepers? I appreciate if you don't mention Myles Hogarth :P

Dani Mallo :wub:

_45545120_mallo_save.jpg

What season is this from? Was that Paul wright scoring for falkirk? Must have been his only goal. That's hard to watch esp the first goal when Hogarth comes rushing out the box and misses everything

Clue's in the video title. 01/02 ;)

Yeah I think it is Wright. Surprising because I can't remember his ever scoring for us, and I was even at that game. I was only 13 right enough.

Clue's in the video title. 01/02 ;)

Yeah I think it is Wright. Surprising because I can't remember his ever scoring for us, and I was even at that game. I was only 13 right enough.

Oh yeah, title of the video, I knew that, I'm just eh taking the piss :). I dont think I was at this game, was this the ill fated totten season? I've tried to blank that year from my memory. I was 19 so I should remember it.

Krul is only going to go one way in his career and thats right to the very top. Technically an oustanding goalkeeper and it was so evident when he had his spell with us. Unsurprisingly some of our fans didn't rate him

Along with him, Mallo, Fergie and McGovern they have easily been our best keepers in the last 10 years. Kasper, Lambers were decent but didn't feel Kasper had any confidence when it came to commanding the area. Great shot stopper though.

Am sorry but I don't know how Olejnik has made it to the level he is at. Decent shot stopper but mostly every other part of his game isn't or wasn't good enough when he played with us. The least said about Higgins and Flinders the better

As said before Olejnik was probably the best shot stopper (at times) but could not trust him one bit.

Krul was a top keeper and was a shame we only had him for 6 months.

We had him for a year, but he was injured for the most of the second half of it. Mind up at Aberdeen Krul got injured while hauling someone down for a penalty, olejnik came on and saved the penalty, still got beat though.

I'm not stating that he was the best but I thought Lambers was an excellent 'keeper and a quick nosey at Soccerbase seems to back that up - 11 SPL games , only 3 defeats and in goal for a draw at Celtic park and a home win over the Oldco !?

I though Olejnik was murder and cost us many, many points !

It goes without saying that Dani Mallo walks on water but Tony Parks was my favouritist 'keeper ever wink.gif

And special mention to Sammy McGivern tongue.gif

We had him for a year, but he was injured for the most of the second half of it. Mind up at Aberdeen Krul got injured while hauling someone down for a penalty, olejnik came on and saved the penalty, still got beat though.

He dislocated his shoulder saving a penalty at Aberdeen from what i can remember.

That is what i meant about only having him until January.

He dislocated his shoulder saving a penalty at Aberdeen from what i can remember.

That is what i meant about only having him until January.

Yep I actually thought he had went back to Newcastle but I saw him in the Amarillo in February or march still with a neck brace on and his arm in a sling, I remember how black and blue his face was too. He hoped to make it back for the last month or so of the season, but obviously that never happened.

1358340977[/url]' post='6989736']

He is still playing for Camelon Juniors.....Had an absolute shocker for Linlithgow's second goal on Saturday, let the ball straight through his legs from a freekick.

He is still playing for Camelon Juniors.....Had an absolute shocker for Linlithgow's second goal on Saturday, let the ball straight through his legs from a freekick.

That level of consistency over a career out to be admired :D