The Falkirk FC Thread

High hopes for this one. Plenty games at a decent level at a young age, and the language coming out of Port Vale suggests that he's still in their plans. 

I think we're still a RWB, box to box midfielder and a more physical striker away from having the squad set.

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

High hopes for this one. Plenty games at a decent level at a young age, and the language coming out of Port Vale suggests that he's still in their plans. 

I think we're still a RWB, box to box midfielder and a more physical striker away from having the squad set.

I'd say our 'central' midfielders are looking like Paton, Kidd, McKee and Sammut. I'd prioritise a 4th striker before adding another CM. Would be great if we had the money for both though 

Hartley has mentioned 18 or 19 players as the size of squad he would like to enter the season with and that he wants to work on 2 formations during the season to allow the team to be adaptable between and within games, presumably those two will be 3-4-1-2 and 4-4-2 which are the two he used last season.

GK: Leo Fasan, David Mitchell, Robbie Mutch (3)

DF: Jordan McGhee, Aaron Muirhead, Tom Dallison, Scott Harrison, Tommy Robson, Patrick Brough, Lewis Kidd (7)

MF: Joe McKee, Ruben Sammut, Tom Owens-Evans, Dimitris Froxylias, Alex Harris, Paul Paton (6)

ST: Deimantas Petravicius, Dennon Lewis, Scott Shepherd, Kevin O'Hara (4)

So that's 20. I am hoping that Mutch goes out on loan to get some experience, Hartley has said he really fancies him for the future. Shepherd hopefully on loan as well to Edinburgh City or something to get him at least partially off the wage bill, and hopefully Harris gets punted wherever. That would leave room for two new signings which would hopefully be Yak and a right back on loan.

Then we'd go into the season with the two formations:

3-4-1-2:

Fasan

Muirhead-Dallison-McGhee

New RB-Sammut-Paton-Robson

Froxylias

Yak-Lewis

Subs: Mitchell, Harrison, Kidd, Brough, TOE, Petravicius, O'Hara

4-4-2:

Fasan

New RB-Dallison-McGhee-Robson

Froxylias-Sammut-Paton-Patravicius

Yak-Lewis

Subs: Same as before, but Muirhead dropped to the bench and DP playing.

Joe McKee not even making the bench in either set up so perhaps wouldn't mind getting rid of him and bringing in another forward, we'd only really have O'Hara as an attacking option off the bench in the 4-4-2 set up.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Hartley has mentioned 18 or 19 players as the size of squad he would like to enter the season with and that he wants to work on 2 formations during the season to allow the team to be adaptable between and within games, presumably those two will be 3-4-1-2 and 4-4-2 which are the two he used last season.

DF: Jordan McGhee, Aaron Muirhead, Tom Dallison, Scott Harrison, Tommy Robson, Patrick Brough, Lewis Kidd (7)

MF: Joe McKee, Ruben Sammut, Tom Owens-Evans, Dimitris Froxylias, Alex Harris, Paul Paton (6)

ST: Deimantas Petravicius, Dennon Lewis, Scott Shepherd, Kevin O'Hara (4)

So that's 20. I am hoping that Mutch goes out on loan to get some experience, Hartley has said he really fancies him for the future. Shepherd hopefully on loan as well to Edinburgh City or something to get him at least partially off the wage bill, and hopefully Harris gets punted wherever. That would leave room for two new signings which would hopefully be Yak and a right back on loan.

3-4-1-2:

Fasan

Muirhead-Dallison-McGhee

Froxylias

Yak-Lewis

4-4-2:

Fasan

Yak-Lewis

Joe McKee not even making the bench in either set up so perhaps wouldn't mind getting rid of him and bringing in another forward, we'd only really have O'Hara as an attacking option off the bench in the 4-4-2 set up.

been typing too long.... you missed our new striker sign ;)

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

ST: Deimantas Petravicius, Dennon Lewis, Dan Turner (3)

3-4-1-2:

Fasan

Muirhead-Dallison-McGhee

Froxylias

Turner-Lewis

4-4-2:

Fasan

Turner-Lewis

FTFY

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Isn't Sammut our box to box midfielder? Or do you mean in addition to him? RWB priority now in my opinion, wouldn't want to shoe horn someone in there after all of these signings and not getting one that plays that position.