The Falkirk FC Thread

If I remember rightly we are allowed 4 loans at same time so this would make two and another two possible + anyone the Don can afford and thinks will enhance the team

I think that only applies to domestic loans. There’s not a limit for ‘foreign’ loans.

43 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont think  Andy Nelson will be back by the looks as he wants to fight for a place at Sunderland which is a fair one,  hopefully Jak will be back but as said would be better with an experienced head up front.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/andrew-nelson-to-be-handed-sunderland-chance-by-jack-ross-as-he-waits-on-lyle-taylor-1-9221967

Nelson could be a last minute job . He'll no by the time the transfer window is about to close whether he's going to get a game at Sunderland or not. Frankly I cant see him being good enough yet and would think a longer loan deal would be a better option for him to continue to improve like he did last season.

26 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Are the English teams not closing the transfer window early or is that limited to premiership teams only. 

Only applies to us if we are selling to them, silver been sold

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I see Peter Grant has signed for Plymouth. I thought he'd gone to Morton? Obviously not.

Good luck to the big fella. Such a shame his injury affected him as it did. Really wish him all the best.  That goal... 

Best of luck to him. Surprised he has passed the medical, though wouldn't be the first player with ruined knees to get a contract with a club anyway. 

Marvin Andrews and Didier Agathe both spring to mind. 

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

in other news flood has terminated his contract with pars. 1 week after signing it

Had a look over there, unsurprisingly, Flood leaving Dunfermline has become all about Falkirk LOL.

Still, at least they will all be in sudden agreement with us that he is shite.

Best of luck to him. Surprised he has passed the medical, though wouldn't be the first player with ruined knees to get a contract with a club anyway. 

Marvin Andrews and Didier Agathe both spring to mind. 
Ahhh....but big Marv had God on his side, fixed his kness apparently.

6 month loans from the start of the season are crap , if the player is any good the parent clubs will either punt them or move them to a bigger club - remember Stokes all those years ago.

12 months or nowt unless the player is so good we cannot turn down.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Had a look over there, unsurprisingly, Flood leaving Dunfermline has become all about Falkirk LOL.

Still, at least they will all be in sudden agreement with us that he is shite.

Yip, queue the, he is shite anyway and we will save a wage posts. Already seen someone claim that will free up 5k a week. What an absolute circus show. 

We should be starting the season with 4 senior strikers. Last season we started with 3 and it wasn't enough. For me that's Lewis, Turner, Jak  (or equivalent) and Nelson (or equivalent). The 6 month loan suggests Turner is going to be a bit of a baller otherwise PV would have been happy for him to come for a season. Ps Flood :lol:Dunfermline :lol: