The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, MetalWolf said:

For a forward wikipedia suggests he has very few goals. 

Also suggests he's only 19. Jakubiak's record isn't great either if you look at wikipedia.

Just now, Kyle said:

Also suggests he's only 19. Jakubiak's record isn't great either if you look at wikipedia.

3 goals in 17 games in league 2. He'll be fine up here.

Back to the shafts.

We are needing now more than ever a couple of players, say a central midfielder and a forward who have a good couple of hard years under their belts. Not looking for old duffers like Flood, but we need a couple of late 20's with experience under the belt or we could be in for a few bossings up and down the park as the season gets under way.

Just now, DeeBairn said:

We are needing now more than ever a couple of players, say a central midfielder and a forward who have a good couple of hard years under their belts. Not looking for old duffers like Flood, but we need a couple of late 20's with experience under the belt or we could be in for a few bossings up and down the park as the season gets under way.

I think that will come after Loy has been shifted on

Just now, Falkirkfan1985 said:

I think that will come after Loy has been shifted on

Can't see that happening unless we throw money at him. If he's as depressed as i've heard, he's not going to give a shit about football and may be content to sit on his arse and collect the wage. We are literally going to have to pay him to go, unless some club price matches him. 

More than anyone, we need someone  to get the ball down and play. The idea of a midfield made up of TOE, Kidd and McKee/Harris gives me a reverse boner.

How are you guys fixed for strikers at the moment? Gavin Reilly is a free agent and will be looking to join a promotion-chasing Championship side. Obviously that rules out Morton straight away, and I don't think he'll relocate to the Highlands. Can't see him joining the Arabs, and it's been mentioned - once or twice - that he didn't do so well at Dunfermline.

So that leaves you guys. Be nice to him.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

How are you guys fixed for strikers at the moment? Gavin Reilly is a free agent and will be looking to join a promotion-chasing Championship side. Obviously that rules out Morton straight away, and I don't think he'll relocate to the Highlands. Can't see him joining the Arabs, and it's been mentioned - once or twice - that he didn't do so well at Dunfermline.

So that leaves you guys. Be nice to him.

FWIW, I work beside a good mate of Gavin's family and Jack Ross had assured him he had a place for him next season, appologies if this is old news.

Unfortunately I'm out in Spain at the moment so I can't get any info on what his plans or options are.

I'd take at Falkirk btw.