The Falkirk FC Thread

If his comments about the attendences at our Sevco cup games are true then he's fucked the budget again. A possible boycott could lead to Pressley having to sell a player? These cup draws are bonuses. A proper budget for the season would not be counting on drawing either former Old Firm side.

A proper budget would ensure that the squad that started the season would stay together. We cannot count on a favourable cup draw, a cuo run or indeed any club paying money for any player we make available as and when we run out of cash mid-season.

If what he has said is true then we are either staring at more financial strife this season or he is acting just as the SPL/SFA did in the summer(i.e. idle threats to cover up ineptitude).

Fair point. What if you'd lost in R1 before x00 people?

Fair point. What if you'd lost in R1 before x00 people?

I don't think anyone can say 100%.

Ritchie gives out so many mixed messages when it comes to finances that each side of any arguement has plenty of ammo. We can be facing HMRC oblivion and rolling in it due to player sales within any 12 month period.

One pertinant point to make is we had finished with a profit from each of our first 3 seasons in the SPL (and in 7th position for the second year in a row). Somehow, despite gate receipts from a further 2 SPL seasons, 2 League Cup semi final gates and prize money, a Scottish Cup final appearance and prize money, European football (and I assume some prize money), a Ramsden Cup win and prize money and player sales of at least £1 million in the last 2 or 3 years we are in the grubber.

I assume we are in the grubber because the HMRC had us printed in the Gazette for non-payment of tax. Later in the same year we were basking in the glow of player sales and massive gate receipts from Cup games (that could not be budgeted for). That's some turnaround.

The only conclusion that can be made looking at Ritchie's actions and comments this summer is that we are still fiscally fucked. It would appear we were about to rely on selling another young lad. We wouldn't have been begging for Sevco fans to come to the games otherwise. Ritchie needs Sevco to cover up what I can only imagine are gross mistakes in the budget going back years.

So we now have enough in the kitty to sign one more player. I know I have said in the past that we have one decent striker so we should be looking for another but now I have changed my mind. We have got to do something about the defence we are leaking goals far to easily.

We are needing a bastard in midfield who is willing to shout at folk, kick people and we also need to sort out this formation which we started with under Elvis's first season in the 1st div, only for him to change 6 weeks or so in when it failed then...... :angry:

2 league games and one testing cup tie we can judge as where we are = 1 goal in which Taylor had no right to score that goal

We could still be playing now and wouldnt have scored from last nites game

The Elvis post match interview is also a joke.....according to Elvis

We Pressurised Rangers, took the game to Rangers

For long periods controlled the game

We didnt get result our performance merited

better performance than last time we played Rangers

Agressive football, lots of crosses from fullbacks which we didnt make the most off

Patient football we turned into goalscoring opportunities, the type of football I want to see

Sorry I mustve been at a different game......Fight was greater but thats about it.......

Edited by MrDust

The bit about playing better than last time really is complete nonsense. We should and could have scored more than 3 the last time.

Rangers were not up to much last nite, If we had that same team as then last nite, we wouldve won easily last nite in my opinion....

We are sitting in too deep, far to slow and defensive at the moment to cause any teams danger at the opposite end...

We are pissing in our own pants at the moment with this formation and tactic set up...... :angry:

I feel sorry for the players as its making them look a lot worse than they actually are......

I don't think anyone can say 100%.

Ritchie gives out so many mixed messages when it comes to finances that each side of any arguement has plenty of ammo. We can be facing HMRC oblivion and rolling in it due to player sales within any 12 month period.

One pertinant point to make is we had finished with a profit from each of our first 3 seasons in the SPL (and in 7th position for the second year in a row). Somehow, despite gate receipts from a further 2 SPL seasons, 2 League Cup semi final gates and prize money, a Scottish Cup final appearance and prize money, European football (and I assume some prize money), a Ramsden Cup win and prize money and player sales of at least £1 million in the last 2 or 3 years we are in the grubber.

I assume we are in the grubber because the HMRC had us printed in the Gazette for non-payment of tax. Later in the same year we were basking in the glow of player sales and massive gate receipts from Cup games (that could not be budgeted for). That's some turnaround.

The only conclusion that can be made looking at Ritchie's actions and comments this summer is that we are still fiscally fucked. It would appear we were about to rely on selling another young lad. We wouldn't have been begging for Sevco fans to come to the games otherwise. Ritchie needs Sevco to cover up what I can only imagine are gross mistakes in the budget going back years.

I hope you're not trying to insinuate that he's using the club finances in the same way the Deans alledgedly were?

I hope you're not trying to insinuate that he's using the club finances in the same way the Deans alledgedly were?

What the f**k are you droning on about now? You mentioned the Deans, not me.

I don't think Ritchie is any good at running a club. Nothing more, nothing less.

What the f**k are you droning on about now? You mentioned the Deans, not me.

I don't think Ritchie is any good at running a club. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you don't get it you're obviously as thick as these Sevco nuggets.

I take it that's Gazette, as in the Linlithgowshire? Cloth brain.

Edited by kiddy

If you don't get it you're obviously as thick as these Sevco nuggets.

I take it that's Gazette, as in the Linlithgowshire? Cloth brain.

Stop acting the cunt Kiddy. If you are trying to goad me into making unfounded allegations of criminal activity against Ritchie you are going to fail.

Just a heads up Kiddy. There are a few lawyers crawling over Pie and Bovril at the moment for various reasons. It's not a good idea to link the current board with guys who faced embezzlement and fraud charges, even if your intention was to attribute the allegation to someone else.

Stop acting the cunt Kiddy. If you are trying to goad me into making unfounded allegations of criminal activity against Ritchie you are going to fail.

Just a heads up Kiddy. There are a few lawyers crawling over Pie and Bovril at the moment for various reasons. It's not a good idea to link the current board with guys who faced embezzlement and fraud charges, even if your intention was to attribute the allegation to someone else.

Well take the hint & STFU then, you're the one asking where the money's gone?

Alot of my friends say they hate scottish fitbaw and will never watch it,

I don't but by fcuk it can do my head in sometimes. Is our football so poor we spend more time talking about the politics of the game than the game itself? Lets just move on from this and support our clubs!

*sweep sweep sweep*

Oooooohhhh, handbags at dawn :P

You try to warn people about what they're putting up on here, & how it can be perceived. But they go off on one as per, so hell mend them if they don't want to take note.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that it registered with, what he was most likely unaware of.

You try to warn people about what they're putting up on here, & how it can be perceived. But they go off on one as per, so hell mend them if they don't want to take note.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that it registered with, what he was most likely unaware of.

LOL

In doing so you are the first one to mention Ritchie along with the Deans :1eye

You appear to be the only one so far that has made that conclusion ya tool.

Edited by Thundermonkey

Oh f**k right off. It was a wee bloke on a tannoy - it wasn't the Arab/Israeli war.

I remember when we could take a joke and used to point and laugh at The Sensitive Ones for being so precious. Just grow a pair, eh?

Does P&B have a Captan Obvious of the month award? The cartoon, of course, was used to illustrate the double standards being flown so highly.

And Don't blame me for the death of humour/insults in the fitba - blame those who have been fighting for such 'success' for years. The Tannoygate farce is as expected as it is inevitable an outcome.