The Falkirk FC Thread

Pish.

Reminds me of when Celtic were at Love Street and our announcer said "Please keep the good name of St Mirren intact and do not respond to the sectarian bile coming from the away stand". Our Chairman said that it was a 'fair comment' and wasn't punished in any way although Peter Lawell tried to get him fined, to no avail of course biggrin.gif

SAVE THE SEVCO 1!

e-mails to martinr@falkirkfc.co.uk

What was the announcer supposed to call them? As they've had three monikers since April.

Sevco 5088, Sevco Scotland, the "The Rangers", or MR preffered "Rangers FC" (who don't exist anymore).

What would happen if the "Volunteer Army" resigned en masse, but would they have the balls to do it?

Edited by kiddy

Pish.

Reminds me of when Celtic were at Love Street and our announcer said "Please keep the good name of St Mirren intact and do not respond to the sectarian bile coming from the away stand". Our Chairman said that it was a 'fair comment' and wasn't punished in any way although Peter Lawell tried to get him fined, to no avail of course biggrin.gif

I mind a while back - think it was 99' - and 'paisley panda' came over to the away end with an inflatable chair, sat down on it and raised a sign above his head which read "only 9,999 to go".... i thought that was a cracker although I think he got a fair few complaints from some of our fans who didn't see the funny side.

Scottish fitbaw has been lacking in quality for years, sad days now when we dont even have 'banter' to cling onto...

Pish.

That is what I thought about too.

What happened to being able to joke about things? Fans just get 'outraged' at the smallest wee thing. Utter joke from Falkirk.

We were left for weeks with no statement at all about how we voted in the whole Rangers situation (and we still don't know 100%) however our tannoy announcer makes a little joke at The Rangers expense and he's on the case straight away. It's nice to see he's got his priorities right there.

Quite.

I'm not sure what was worse - his snivelling apology to Sevco the club or Sevco fans. Probably the latter.

Will Falkirk players be wearing black armbands tomorrow night, to express sympathy for the death of Rangers FC?

That is an absolute disgrace.

Firstly, there is nothing remotely offensive about what he said. Some of the Rangers fans, who weren't even there, may not appreciate the humour but tough on them. Are these the same people who would buy a Frankie Boyle DVD and then complain about it being offensive.

Secondly have any of these mortally offended sensitive wee souls ever been on the blower to their beloved club or e-mailed their chairman to complain about the songs and chants that come from their fellow supporters. Nah, though not, so its selective then this being offended by words.

Also, on what grounds has the guy even been suspended, as I find it hard to believe there is anything in a contract which suggests he is not allowed to show a sense of humour. Hope he gets a decent employment lawyer to take the club to the cleaners.

There is quite clearly no place for enjoyment in football any more. Fans can't stand without a little Hitler telling them to sit down. They can't shout because it upsets other people. Mascots are being complained about for standing in front of visiting fans with bars of soap or driving cardboard box tanks and now stadium announcers can't call a company by the name with which they registered at Companies house.

No wonder the game is dying on its arse.

And finally I hope that the wee cliping whingeing bastards who complained get their comeuppance soon. Karma man.

Secondly have any of these mortally offended sensitive wee souls ever been on the blower to their beloved club or e-mailed their chairman to complain about the songs and chants that come from their fellow supporters. Nah, though not, so its selective then this being offended by words.

Ritchie apologised to a fanbase that reported Artur Boruc to the police for making the sign of the cross in front of them.

That's who you are cosying up to Martin. I hope you enjoy the bed you have made for yourself.

Edited by H_B

I'm fairly sure our stadium announcer made similar jokes at half-time recently - it may even have been the Falkirk game! You have my sympathies, it's light-hearted banter and nothing more. I hope Thistle decide to troll the fuckers and they are referred to as Sevco/Newco at the half-time scores forever more. In fact, going one further, I hope the next time we play them we really rub their noses in shit with the Sevco references in the programmes, on the club website etc.

It's a minor thing, but if it causes even a few of the more fucktarded supporters to choke on their big macs in mock righteous indignation then its worth it.

A farcical decision.