The Falkirk FC Thread

As per last season, I'll be keeping a running total of goals/assists. It was rather interesting to see last season that every single first team regular either scored or assisted with a goal. The only exceptions being some of the younger players who made the odd substitute appearance at best.

Farid of course, was the top scorer with 28 in all competitions, and Higginbotham finished with most assists at 13. Well, probably. The last time I updated the assists was after the Ayr cup game in February, but it slipped my mind for a few games after that, and I eventually forgot about it and just concentrated on the goalscorers. If I get some time I might have a look and top off the assist count from the remaining games, as it might be interesting to compare the stats between last season and this, at a later date.

Anyway; as for this season, 2 games in and 5 goals scored, and we already have 6 different players to have either scored or assisted. Not bad going.

As per last season, I'll be keeping a running total of goals/assists. It was rather interesting to see last season that every single first team regular either scored or assisted with a goal. The only exceptions being some of the younger players who made the odd substitute appearance at best.

Farid of course, was the top scorer with 28 in all competitions, and Higginbotham finished with most assists at 13. Well, probably. The last time I updated the assists was after the Ayr cup game in February, but it slipped my mind for a few games after that, and I eventually forgot about it and just concentrated on the goalscorers. If I get some time I might have a look and top off the assist count from the remaining games, as it might be interesting to compare the stats between last season and this, at a later date.

Anyway; as for this season, 2 games in and 5 goals scored, and we already have 6 different players to have either scored or assisted. Not bad going.

Interesting to see assists with Higginbotham and Duffie for Farid. I remember Tony Smith of FFCTV saying that Farid said Duffie provided Farid with 70% of his goals, which looks completely inaccurate now. With Higginbotham off in January and Duffie not having his greatest second half of the season, perhaps the lack of service for Farid, who continued to score but not at the blistering rate at the start of the season. Duffie looks back on form again pre-season and will be interesting to see where the main assists in the team will come from. I reckon like Pressley the goals will be more spread out this year, but with Taylor scoring the majority of them.

I've gone and updated the following list of goals, scorers and assists up until the end of last season. Players in italics are those who provided the assist.

v Brechin (CC) | W 2-1 | Goals: Bennett (Dods) & Dods (Millar)

v Albion Rovers (LC) | W 4-2 | Goals: Farid (Sibbald), Jay Fulton (Farid), Farid (Higginbotham) & Higginbotham (Jay Fulton)

v Raith Rovers | L 0-1 |

v Dundee (CC) | W 1-0 | Goals: Farid (Sibbald)

v Partick Thistle | W 2-1 | Goals: Farid (Murdoch) & Higginbotham (Wallace)

v Ayr United | D 2-2 | Goals: Higginbotham (Farid) & Farid (Duffie)

v Stenhousemuir (LC) | W 3-1 | Goals: Own Goal (Higginbotham), Sibbald (Scobbie), Farid (Higginbotham)

v Ross County | D 1-1 | Goals: Farid (Dale Fulton)

v East Fife (CC) | W 4-1 | Goals: Millar (Higginbotham), Higginbotham (Direct FK), Sibbald (Weatherston) & Higginbotham (Alston)

v Livingston | D 1-1 | Goals: Millar (Penalty)

v Dundee | W 2-1 | Goals: Weatherston (Alston) & Farid (Duffie)

v Rangers (LC) | W 3-2 | Goals: Farid (Sibbald), Farid (Duffie) & Millar (Direct FK)

v Greenock Morton | L 2-3 | Goals: Weatherston (Higginbotham) & Alston (Weatherston)

v Hamilton | W 1-0 | Goals: Farid (Duffie)

v Annan Athletic (CC) | W 3-0 | Goals: Millar (Weatherston), Farid (Weatherston) & Farid (Scobbie)

v Queen of the South | W 1-0 | Goals: Dods (Millar)

v Partick Thistle | D 2-2 | Goals: Farid (Alston) & Higginbotham (Direct FK)

v Dundee United (LC) | D 2-2 (Won on Pens) | Goals: Farid (Dale Fulton) & Graham (Farid)

v Raith Rovers | W 2-0 | Goals: Alston (Higginbotham) & Dods (Graham)

v Livingston | W 4-3 | Goals: Farid (Higginbotham), Wallace (Bennett), Own Goal (Weatherston) & Weatherston (Higginbotham)

v Ross County | L 1-3 | Goals: Wallace (Farid)

v Dundee | L 2-4 | Goals: Own Goal (Higginbotham) & Jay Fulton (No direct assist)

v Greenock Morton | W 1-0 | Goals: Farid (Weatherston)

v Hamilton | D 0-0 |

v Queen of the South | W 5-1 | Goals: Sibbald (Jay Fulton), Farid (Millar), Sibbald (Higginbotham), Higginbotham (Farid) & Farid (Weatherston)

v Ross County | D 1-1 | Goals: Duffie (Higginbotham)

v Livingston | W 2-1 | Goals: Farid (Weatherston) & Higginbotham (Direct FK)

v East Fife (SC) | W 2-0 | Goals: Dods (Millar) & Farid (Duffie)

v Ayr United | D 0-0 |

v Raith Rovers | D 2-2 | Goals: Farid (Higginbotham) & Dods (Millar)

v Celtic (LC) | L 1-3 | Goals: Jay Fulton (Higginbotham)

v Greenock Morton | D 0-0 |

v Ayr United (SC) | L 1-2 | Goals: Alston (Scobbie)

v Hamilton | W 1-0 | Goals: Dods (Millar)

v Dundee | D 1-1 | Goals: Farid

v Queen of the South | W 3-0 | Goals: Farid (Gibson), Gibson (Murdoch), Dods (Farid)

v Ayr United | L 0-1 |

v Partick Thistle | D 1-1 | Goals: Millar (Penalty)

v Ross County | L 1-2 | Goals: Millar (Direct FK)

v Greenock Morton | L 0-2 |

v Livingston | L 2-5 | Goals: Farid (Jay Fulton) & Weatherston (Farid)

v Hamilton (CC) | W 1-0 | Goals: Dods (Millar)

v Dundee | L 1-3 | Goals: Millar

v Hamilton | W 3-0 | Goals: Millar (Penalty), Millar (Farid) & Farid (Duffie)

v Queen of the south | D 0-0 |

v Raith Rovers | L 2-3 | Goals: Farid & Alston (Farid)

v Partick Thistle | D 1-1 | Goals: Alston (Sibbald)

v Ayr United | W 3-2 | Goals: Scobbie (Penalty), Farid (Alston) & Alston (Millar)

Goalscorers:

Farid El Alagui (28), Mark Millar (9), Kallum Higginbotham (8 ), Darren Dods (8 ), Blair Alston (6), Craig Sibbald (4), David Weatherston (4), OWN GOAL (3), Jay Fulton (3), Murray Wallace (2), Rhys Bennett (1), Ally Graham (1), Kieran Duffie (1), Willie Gibson (1), Tam Scobbie (1).

Assists:

Kallum Higginbotham (13), Farid El Alagui (8 ), David Weatherston (8 ), Mark Millar (8 ), Keiran Duffie (6), Blair Alston (4), Craig Sibbald (4), Jay Fulton (3), Tam Scobbie (3), Dale Fulton (2), Stewart Murdoch (2), Ally Graham (1), Darren Dods (1), Rhys Bennett (1), Murray Wallace (1), Willie Gibson (1).

There you have it. In the end, we had 15 different goalscorers, although Farid was the only one to hit double figures. We finished the season with 16 different players providing assists, this time only Higginbothham hit double figures, and he left in January!

A compiled list of the assists, and exactly who they assisted is below:

Kallum Higginbotham (13): Farid x4, OWN GOAL x2, Weatherston x2, Millar, Alston, Sibbald, Duffie and Jay Fulton

Farid El Alagui (8 ): Higginbotham x2, Wallace, Dods, Millar, Alston, Weatherston and Jay Fulton

David Weatherston (8 ): Farid x4, OWN GOAL, Millar, Alston and Sibbald

Mark Millar (8 ): Dods x6, Farid and Alston

Kieran Duffie (6): Farid x6

Blair Alston (4): Farid x2, Higginbotham and Weatherston

Craig Sibbald (4): Farid x3 and Alston

Jay Fulton (3): Farid, Higginbotham and Sibbald

Tam Scobbie (3): Farid, Alston and Sibbald

Dale Fulton (2): Farid x2

Stewart Murdoch (2): Farid and Gibson

Ally Graham (1): Dods

Darren Dods (1): Bennett

Rhys Bennett (1): Dods

Murray Wallace (1): Higginbotham

Willie Gibson (1): Farid

Higginbotham had the greater distribution of assists, by setting up 8 different players. Farid was a close second with 7, although he set up 5 goals fewer overall.

100% of Duffie's assists were for Farid, and in turn he set up just over 20% of goals for Farid.

Of the 14 other players to assist a goal, only 4 of them failed to provide an assist for Farid - 3 of those were central defenders, the other was Ally Graham who barely featured.

Millar set up and scored more than twice as many goals as our current central midfield two combined over the course of last season. Biggest miss this season?

Millar also set up 75% of Darren Dods' goals.

Weatherston had the biggest contrast during the season. Up until mid-January he had netted 3 goals and assisted 8. From then on, he managed just 1 goal.

Farid, Higginbotham and Millar were our most important outfield players last season...and none of them are here anymore. Alston I feel, can take over from Millar in the goals/assists department if he plays enough. Taylor has started really well, and looks as though he should go on to score a few. Haworth is probably the Higginbotham replacement, but he seems to be suffering in a similar way to Higginbotham when he first arrived - plenty of skill and ability, yet a poor end product.

I think this season will be similar to last, in the sense that the assists will still be well spread about the team, and we'll probably have one player scoring far more than the others - which I guess is bound to happen when you only have one proper striker. I don't think goals are going to be a problem for us to be honest, but I'd like to see maybe another player hitting double figures. It's certainly going to take one hell of an effort to even match the contributions of Farid, Higginbotham and Millar of last season. 45 goals and 29 assists between them. Ridiculous. All set up for an interesting season though. :D

Edited by Kris.

So it factually was shown that 20% of Farids goals were provided by Duffie not 70%? Drivel being spouted on FFCTV? Don't you just love them..........hehehe

It's funny how the passing of time seems to affect people's perception of things. That chequered top was absolutely horrendous then,.......... and it still is just now. Probably the worst ever strip we've ever worn, and their have been a few mingers in there.

It's better than our previous Dundee/Raith top. It's also better than that White Third top with the shitty red and blue triangular flecks. It's also go a great collar. The one thing I didn't like about it was the sponsor is massive and hangs heavily.

Bairnstrust, in our last announcement, intimated as part of their ongoing structural changes that we will be holding a Q&A session and fans forum soon. We are pleased to announce that this will be held on Thursday 27th of September starting at 7pm.

The venue and guest speakers will be announced in the near future. Anyone who is interested in coming along, please put this date in your diary now.

We will be releasing more details of a number of the changes being made within the Trust before the launch night over the coming weeks.

We hope as many of you can attend on the night, we will endeavour to make it an informative and enjoyable evening.

We drew 1-1 with Hamilton last night as part of the first fixture in the Under 20 League. Anybody there?

The match report is a lot more exciting than the actual game was.

Sure, our youths play a lot of passing football as do Hamilton's, but most of it is among defenders and holding midfielders. Not a lot of attacking emphasis on show and some youngsters not looking too sharp (mainly Jordan White)

Ticket sales going well for both games coming up v Raith Rovers and Rangers.

Remember the shop is open 10-4 this week and saturday 9am-KO and then 4.45-5.15pm for both Retail & Ticket sales.

Get your new Home &/or Away shirts now, sales have been fantastic this far with over 50% of all replica stock sold.

www.thefalkirkshop.co.uk

Edited by Falkirk Shop

Remember the shop is open 10-4 this week and saturday 9am-KO and then 4.45-5.15pm for both Retail & Ticket sales.

Get your new Home &/or Away shirts now, sales have been fantastic this far with over 50% of all replica stock sold.

www.thefalkirkshop.co.uk

Would I be able to bring my son into the club shop to try on an infant top? Not sure of what size to get him.

www.thefalkirkshop.co.uk

Good to hear! Hopefully get down on Friday for my ticket for the Sevco game.

www.thefalkirkshop.co.uk

The tickets for the Ramsden's Cup game have been incorrectly printed, they say we are playing a team called "Rangers" who no longer exist.

The "The Rangers" game at Ibrox has been moved to Thursday the 30th, whilst our game against Livingston has been bumped to Sunday the 2nd.

Why ?

edit - just checked and seen The Rangers game at weekend prior is on Sunday....St Mirren are playing the Wednesday, so perhaps thats the reason why......

Edited by MrDust