The Falkirk FC Thread

I am perhaps remembering what I want to remember here... But for me it was a really really bad challenge and should have been a red. The way I recall it, he really steamed in with a lot of force, wasnt looking at/attempting to play the ball, and led with his arm. I thought it was as clear a red as you will ever see and the damage inflicted certainly would tie in with the excessive force used. Certainly a proper thugs challenge for me.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I am perhaps remembering what I want to remember here... But for me it was a really really bad challenge and should have been a red. The way I recall it, he really steamed in with a lot of force, wasnt looking at/attempting to play the ball, and led with his arm. I thought it was as clear a red as you will ever see and the damage inflicted certainly would tie in with the excessive force used. Certainly a proper thugs challenge for me.

It was clear he was out to stop Nelson. He'd just come on and had watched Nelson bodying defenders all game. As he went towards him I knew it was going to be a foul.  He only went down himself when he knew he'd done a number on Nelson and saw the ref running over, doing the shitebag trick of pretending to be injured himself.

I am 100% certain he intentionally injured Nelson. 

I thought it was a clash of heads, with M’voto coming in a tad late.
Thats two of us here who remember it differently right there and without a replay we just wont know.

As previously mentioned though, it was so obvious what was coming and to me thats because he absolutely steamed in and took out a boy who was looking up at the ball and I think already in the air. Whether or not the arm was used, to go in ao unneccesarily hard when the other man is unliekly to see it coming is pretty cowardly. Thats why I am convinced it should have been red.

40 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Interestingly both FFC & DAFC didn’t show the incident in either clubs highlights on YouTube.

Why would either club have included it  in their highlights?

From the away end it did seem rather robust but nothing that hasn't been seen plenty of times before 

From the away end it did seem rather robust but nothing that hasn't been seen plenty of times before 

Well it was an incident that led to at least 4mins of injury time being added so I’d have thought FFC would have included, if for no other reason to highlight the barbaric nature of the incident.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A season ending incident for a player would normally be included. 

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

A season ending incident for a player would normally be included. 

Yeah, a challenge which resulted in a yellow, maybe should have been a red and resulted in an injury/substitution. Certianly highlight worthy IMO. A noteworthy incident in the game at the very least. 

Maybe we have sent the footage to the Police?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, a challenge which resulted in a yellow, maybe should have been a red and resulted in an injury/substitution. Certianly highlight worthy IMO. A noteworthy incident in the game at the very least. 

Maybe we have sent the footage to the Police?

I presume Dunfermline have at least sent it to the compliance officer. 

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if our cuddly club asked Dunfermline to tweet a good luck message to Nelson - to show we are all pally again.

Don't think we were asked to say good luck but I think that's how we found out. 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

!

Dunfermline will certainly lie down to them on the final day if they've secured a play-off place by then 

Paranoia is strong here, if we've secured a playoff spot we'd obviously put a weakened side out. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Nelson bodying defenders all game. As he went towards him I knew it 

Lol, he was absolutely anonymous. It was just unfortunate that the first time he escaped the back pocket of Morris he then challenged for a high ball with M'voto. 

Never thought there was any danger of a red tbh. 

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Season ending injury? Only because the season has 2 games left after tomorrow.

Some fantastic exaggeration here 

No exaggeration. He won't play again this season. It's not a difficult concept. 

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Season ending injury? Only because the season has 2 games left after tomorrow.

Some fantastic exaggeration here 

Also, don't know why you're saying only 2 games left after tomorrow? Does tomorrow not count? Incidentally Falkirk actually have 4 games left this season, and we had 5 to play when he sustained his injury. You can spin numbers to suit your own argument, obviously. 

Also, don't know why you're saying only 2 games left after tomorrow? Does tomorrow not count? Incidentally Falkirk actually have 4 games left this season, and we had 5 to play when he sustained his injury. You can spin numbers to suit your own argument, obviously. 
You could also comfortably add a conservative 5 more games and his season would still be over, given the nick he is in.

No chance that was deliberate. He was clearly going for aggressive but to say he was trying to hurt Nelson is nonsense. The ramblings of a troll or an idiot.
Not sure how you can say this with that degree of sureness considering I was sat significantly closer to the incident and cant say without the aid of a replay. In real time it looked horrendous, the lads head/face looks horrendous.

I think, but dont know, that a replay would back my assertion bit for some reason, we cant see one.

If you blast through someone who cant see you coming, with an unneccessary degree of force, you are trying to hurt them. There would be no reason to "go for aggressive". He simply had to use his superior height to win the ball. What he did wasnt that.