The Falkirk FC Thread

Wouldn’t surprise me if our cuddly club asked Dunfermline to tweet a good luck message to Nelson - to show we are all pally again.

In Elliot’s Saturday night I was speaking to a Director who thought the most important bit of the day was they got praise from the SPFL for their handling of the game. Oh is that right? I was most concerned we got our arses felt by our biggest rivals at home for the first time in 8 years.

Which director?

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We could lose our last 4 games 6-0 and it would not matter one jot, they won’t win 3 of their last 4.

Ok I conceede still it could happen thats all I am saying, is it realistic probably not but stranger things have happened. I just want us safe with this season to be over although even if we did get pushed in to a relegation place I would fancy us over the teams below. 

Think a few folk are being a wee bit too dismissive of the concerns tbh. Aye its unlikely... But who can sit here and say that this weekend couldnt quite easily result in them taking another 3 points out of us?

Us losing to Utd and them beating ICT is not what one might call a long shot. They have us at home and the Fifers away on the last day who very easily might have to be thinking about resting up for the playoffs.

None of that is unrealistic stuff. Who wants to go to Dumbarton only 5 points ahead of them? Not me.

Think a few folk are being a wee bit too dismissive of the concerns tbh. Aye its unlikely... But who can sit here and say that this weekend couldnt quite easily result in them taking another 3 points out of us?

Us losing to Utd and them beating ICT is not what one might call a long shot. They have us at home and the Fifers away on the last day who very easily might have to be thinking about resting up for the playoffs.

None of that is unrealistic stuff. Who wants to go to Dumbarton only 5 points ahead of them? Not me.

People saying it definitely can’t happen are being a tad naive. Looking at the last couple performances we look like we’re already on our jollies. I’m hoping we can get at least a points before we play Dumbarton and if so then I’ll be in a more content mood.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think a few folk are being a wee bit too dismissive of the concerns tbh. Aye its unlikely... But who can sit here and say that this weekend couldnt quite easily result in them taking another 3 points out of us? Me

Us losing to Utd and them beating ICT is not what one might call a long shot. They have us at home and the Fifers away on the last day who very easily might have to be thinking about resting up for the playoffs. It is a long shot, look at the odds

None of that is unrealistic stuff.  Yes it is

Who wants to go to Dumbarton only 5 points ahead of them? Not me. I'd hardly be delighted but it'd hardly be a disaster - there would only be two games left.

What odds do you want on Dumbarton finishing above us? Let's have a charity bet.

What odds do you want on Dumbarton finishing above us? Let's have a charity bet.
I dont think they will. I just dont see the concerns as being knicker wetting or pie in the sky. I think what has been laid out is an unlikely but not unrealistic type of scenario, not worthy of the sort of dismissive attitude we seem to be treating it with.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I dont think they will. I just dont see the concerns as being knicker wetting or pie in the sky. I think what has been laid out is an unlikely but not unrealistic type of scenario, not worthy of the sort of dismissive attitude we seem to be treating it with.

I'll let you have 20 quid at 20/1 if you want?

I'll let you have 20 quid at 20/1 if you want?
You dont seem to be listening to me. I dont think its likely due to points on the board and shitness of both teams. I simply said its not unrealistic.

I think Dumbarton are currently on better form than us.

I think we have chucked it in.

I think they can beat ICT at the Rock.

I think they would be more likely to get 3 points v us than we are. (Looks a stick on draw)

I think they are more likely to win on the last day than we are.

All of those things coming together is an unlikely scenario. But hardly ridiculous.

Put it this way; I certainly hope that the players and management don't think that it's unrealistic to expect that Dumbarton could catch us!

Dunfermline will certainly lie down to them on the final day if they've secured a play-off place by then and I do think that they can get something from the two games v ICT. Our last couple of performances suggest that we're not up for a fight either so, while all of the planets would have to be aligned and all of the ducks in a row, it's definitely not impossible.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You dont seem to be listening to me. I dont think its likely due to points on the board and shitness of both teams. I simply said its not unrealistic.

I think Dumbarton are currently on better form than us.

I think we have chucked it in.

I think they can beat ICT at the Rock.

I think they would be more likely to get 3 points v us than we are. (Looks a stick on draw)

I think they are more likely to win on the last day than we are.

All of those things coming together is an unlikely scenario. But hardly ridiculous.

Going through this post:

- Over the last 4 games we've taken 4 points. Dumbarton have taken 3. Extend that to 6 games and it's FFC 8pts, DFC 6pts. Over 8 games it's FFC 12 pts, DFC 9pts. 6 of those 9 came against Brechin. They are not in better form than us.

- We've lost 2 games in our last 8, both by a single goal to the two form teams in the league. We have not "chucked it in".

- Dumbarton have lost 4 of their last 5. ICT have won 4 of their last 5. ICT just beat Dumbarton in the Cup Final. It is very unlikely that Dumbarton win that game.

- Falkirk will be favourites at Dumbarton. I hope you use your likelihood calculations to make some money.

- St Mirren will be on the beach. Dumbarton will be away from home to the current form team in the league who are playing 1) for league position and 2) form going into the playoffs.

It is mental to think Dumbarton could finish above us. Mental.