The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Dumbarton have won 3 games all season against teams that aren't Brechin.

They are not going to make up 8 points on us over 4 games.

To make that stat a bit more honking, of those 3 games, in 2 of them the opposition were down to 10 men. Dundee United are the only full time team with 11 men that we've beaten this year in the league. And you c***s think you're having a bad season :P

McKee was two years, as was Blues who you missed off your list. And quite a few of the youths.
Whereas O Hara's contract will be up in the summer.

If o'hara's contract is up then he is totally fucked here. I think we will see an almost total clear out with contracted played like McKee and Loy allowed to go on a free and maybe even given a wee bung to get them out the door as Hartley brings in his own team.

I think if he gets his own way he will only keep:

Mitchell
Robson
McGhee
Muirhead
Sibbs
Longridge

Guys like Nelson, tumilty and Jak are up in the air for me depending on the situation at thier parent clubs.

A bit unfair. He hasn’t been playing much recently and it showed in his passing last night.
Was still one of our better players yesterday

Speaking as someone who would like to see Taiwo retained for next season I thought he was pretty poor last night.
Looked off the pace but I suppose that could be down to lack of match time.

11 goalies and a slow, midget central midfielder.

I don't actually want it announced until it's 100% we're not for the drop. He can tell the players, and the rest of the world as soon as they come out the dressing room after the match on whatever day we achieve that.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Guest Back Post Misses
It's not nonsense at all its called being a realist, if somehow Dumbarton manage a win on Saturday and we lose will you still think it's nonsense. Until we are mathematically safe then it's not nonsense at all.
Not that it holds any significance but Rangers did die that bit is based on fact. It really depends on what you class as a major trophy, claiming the Championship title would be a major trophy to us would it not?

Number 1 Knicker wetter

Guest Back Post Misses
McKee was two years, as was Blues who you missed off your list. And quite a few of the youths.
Whereas O Hara's contract will be up in the summer.

Speaking to players in Elliot’s on Saturday there is certainly an air of “we would like to sign but still don’t know what is happening”

I really wish this season was done and dusted (mathematically hopefully done Saturday).

It has been disgraceful club management over the last couple of seasons to have so many players contracts finishing at the same time. It looks obvious to me no medium/long term thought was given to length of contracts, players ages and squad balance. Someone on the Board should have been saying no to Houston and getting these sort of things thought through.

I actually have confidence that we will not make this mistake under Hartley and Craig Campbell.

Fingers crossed anyway

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Speaking to players in Elliot’s on Saturday there is certainly an air of “we would like to sign but still don’t know what is happening”

I think that's always the case, or at least it has been in the last couple of years while I've been more closely involved at the club.  They play their final match and then meet the manager early the following week to be told if they're wanted or not.

That's the certainly the case this year. I spoke to one  of them after the game last night and he has no idea what's happening, despite the fact that he's probably one of the ones that most folk would want to keep.

As for your other point, it seems that the club have always allowed the manager to run the playing squad as he sees fit. Not having relegation clauses, and in some cases, having players who increased their wages after relegation because they passed a threshold would be a good example of this. 

I have no idea whether that sort of board oversight is common at other clubs or not. It may even be that our way of doing things is the norm, unless you're working for Vladimir Romanov.

Guest Back Post Misses
I think that's always the case, or at least it has been in the last couple of years while I've been more closely involved at the club.  They play their final match and then meet the manager early the following week to be told if they're wanted or not.
That's the certainly the case this year. I spoke to one  of them after the game last night and he has no idea what's happening, despite the fact that he's probably one of the ones that most folk would want to keep.
As for your other point, it seems that the club have always allowed the manager to run the playing squad as he sees fit. Not having relegation clauses, and in some cases, having players who increased their wages after relegation because they passed a threshold would be a good example of this. 
I have no idea whether that sort of board oversight is common at other clubs or not. It may even be that our way of doing things is the norm, unless you're working for Vladimir Romanov.

Certainly not saying the Board should be selecting players but having 18 or so OoC at one time is incompetent and asking for trouble, which is what we got

5 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The thought of McKee and Harris having another year makes me want to greet. Hope Hartley does everything in his power to chuck them.

McKee hasn't started a game since we played Dumbarton in February. Harris hasn't started a game since we played Dundee Utd in November.

Neither have been mentioned in the frequent "can you give us an injury update?" questions asked on Falkirk TV.

It therefore seems reasonable to speculate that neither are wanted and will not be playing next season if we bring in replacements during the summer. You could probably apply the same reasoning to Rory Loy, who hasn't started since Brechin in February.

If that's true, they can either sit out the final year of their contracts with a guaranteed wage but with no chance of game time, or choose to cut their losses and try to find another club. If it were me than I know which option I would choose.

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Certainly not saying the Board should be selecting players but having 18 or so OoC at one time is incompetent and asking for trouble, which is what we got

I'd like to think that although most of the new signings will be loans or on one year deals as per Hartleys policy of making players show their worth before getting anything longer, that we will be getting those that do on to long term deals as soon as possible.  The likes of robson and Mcghee for instance  should not just be being offered another year through their options but should be being offered 2 or 3 year extentions at least.