The Falkirk FC Thread

There are few things worse than people who aren't at all funny or witty trying to be either of these things...

Like, well, you.

Know your place, which is as an uninteresting formulaic add-nothing merchant whose posts people can skip over once they see your usefully memorable avatar.

There are few things worse than people who aren't at all funny or witty trying to be either of these things...

Like, well, you.

Know your place, which is as an uninteresting formulaic add-nothing merchant whose posts people can skip over once they see your usefully memorable avatar.

You've made your'e point prety clear through your last dozen or so posts yet you still seem hellbent on labouring it to everyone everytime you come on this forum, my only question is . what do you want?

Let's talk about our chances of playing a recently relegated English Premier League team, oh wait, let's not. Let's talk about something irrelevant, like Sevco.

You are absolutely right it should have been irrelevant but our bungling Chairman has kept this going. You may not care any more but I and many many other do. It is about acting in a manner you have promised to do not just saying it http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/new-boss-white-determined-to-drive-bairns-forward-1-2352904

Note last two paragraphs from an article little more than a month ago. Talk is cheap

Edited by Back Post Misses

You've made your'e point prety clear through your last dozen or so posts yet you still seem hellbent on labouring it to everyone everytime you come on this forum, my only question is . what do you want?

I want Falkirk to stop being cowards and come out and say how they voted. I want to know if Falkirk were one of the Quisling Five.

You are absolutely right it should have been irrelevant but our bungling Chairman has kept this going. You may not care any more but I and many many other do. It is about acting in a manner you have promised to do not just saying it http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/new-boss-white-determined-to-drive-bairns-forward-1-2352904

Note last two paragraphs from an article little more than a month ago. Talk is cheap

exactly.

The communication from the club had definately started to improve no end prior to this vote. The club were extremely vocal and forthright with there views.

The silence is deafening now and its a shame. If they said yes and detailed the reason then maybe it would be easier to swallow. If they said no then likewise draw a line under it.

The sooner is line is drawn the sooner folk can get back to talking about football and not sevco whatever.

I think "swallow" is an appropriate turn of phrase.

I want Falkirk to stop being cowards and come out and say how they voted. I want to know if Falkirk were one of the Quisling Five.

Why? since you don't support the club anymore why would it matter ? I will be very disapointed if the board bent over for rangers but the end result is the same. they are in the 3rd devision therefor i'l still be watching falkirk fc

Why? since you don't support the club anymore why would it matter ? I will be very disapointed if the board bent over for rangers but the end result is the same. they are in the 3rd devision therefor i'l still be watching falkirk fc

I'm curious.

"The end result is the same" is a terrible argument incidentally. It really is. A much better one is Hughesie's "The current board aren't bigger than the club, so if they are scumbags, not my problem" - I genuinely completely understand that.

I don't understand the "I voted for Nick Griffin, but he didn't get in, so the end result is the same". Err, no. the end result is that you are a total scumbag, and we are fortunate there aren't more like you. That's the case for the Quisling 5 also, whoever they all are.

I never really got those who would boycott if Rangers ended up in Div One, even if Falkirk voted against them. That made zero sense to me. Why punish Falkirk for doing the right thing, because others were too cowardly?

Edited by H_B

I'm curious.

"The end result is the same" is a terrible argument incidentally. It really is. A much better one is Hughesie's "The current board aren't bigger than the club, so if they are scumbags, not my problem" - I genuinely completely understand that.

I don't understand the "I voted for Nick Griffin, but he didn't get in, so the end result is the same". Err, no. the end result is that you are a total scumbag, and we are fortunate there aren't more like you. That's the case for the Quisling 5 also, whoever they all are.

All of that is completely fine with me and its youre decision but you've stated this several times now stop flogging a dead horse if you're not coming back you're not coming back

All of that is completely fine with me and its youre decision but you've stated this several times now stop flogging a dead horse if you're not coming back you're not coming back

You aren't getting this are you? It's nothing to do with me. I wasn't there last season. My decision not to go has nothing at all to do with Falkirk's position on Sevco. It's made zero difference to me. A poster asked me on the thread why I wasn't going to go back and I answered him, out of politeness. As I've said.

The interesting thing here is how Falkirk's board have acted during this period, and how much success Bairnstrust have in getting an answer from them and telling the fans what it was.

I'm curious.

The board couldn't have been clearer as to their position leading up to the vote. What was on offer to fiddle the rules to let Rangers into Div 1 wasn't sufficient, but they would be prepared to fiddle the rules to let them into the 3rd. They stated quite clearly what they wanted in return for letting them in to Div 1. We don't know what last minute offers were made at the vote, and we don't know how they, and most of the other clubs voted. It was a secret ballot.

This great faux moral outrage is beginning to pall. There was no final battle between good and evil. There were a few men in blazers trying to find the best way forward, and it looks like the result most people wanted is going to happen, Rangers in the 3rd.

Talking about Quislings is hysterical. What's that rule that if you have to bring up the Nazis in an argument you've already lost?

The board couldn't have been clearer as to their position leading up to the vote.

I beg to differ. Their mealy mouthed statements told you absolutely nothing, beyond that they wouldn't vote Rangers into Div One with no inducements at all. A real "No Shit Sherlock" moment.

It was a secret ballot.

So is a general election. Here's a clue - I didn't vote for Eric Joyce. Sorry to ruin that vow of secrecy, but there you go.

A secret ballot doesn't prevent anyone from declaring their vote, as several clubs have, both for and against.

Talking about Quislings is hysterical. What's that rule that if you have to bring up the Nazis in an argument you've already lost?

Godwin's Law. And it's only ever quoted by total arseholes. Go for it though....

Edited by H_B

Weatherston, Alston, Brisbane and Comrie all out. Anyone know what's wrong with Weatherston? Don't think he's played in pre-season..

I was at training last Friday and he pulled/tweeked his hamstring in the last ten minutes

I was at training last Friday and he pulled/tweeked his hamstring in the last ten minutes

Cheers, hope he's fit soon. We could do with the option of him opening up the left wing. Hope Dods is fully fit too, one of those players who seems slow but you really notice the gap when he's not there.

Like, well, you.

Could easily be describing himself. Looks like a touched a little nerve ignored child.

The thing I don't understand is why people are concerned now. In what way will it affect you? Does your support for the club change on the basis of this vote? I'm just curious, don't think I could change my support for the team regardlessy of upstairs nonsense, the club is much bigger.

I appreciate where you are coming from, I really do. To flip it around though, why shouldn't fans care. Should the board be completely unaccountable to the fans in their decisions? Should fans accept what the board says no matter what?

It's not an easy one but surely it matters (although I appreciate how much it matters is debatable and down to personal opinion)