The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He's got the team organised now and by all accounts it's two improved performances. Give the guy a chance ffs. He will make big changes in January, if those go wrong we can then start to criticise.

I'm willing to give him a chance ffs. 

I'm entitled to have my own opinion about what I think will happen though. 

It's not exactly criticism with the results so far is it.  

He's got the team organised now and by all accounts it's two improved performances. Give the guy a chance ffs. He will make big changes in January, if those go wrong we can then start to criticise.

Were you at the game today?

Where’s the improvement?

Clueless and toothless.

38 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Were you at the game today?

Where’s the improvement?

Clueless and toothless.

Come on, the bar is admittedly low but todays performance in terms of organization and attempts at going forward, especially in the first half, are on a different planet compared to the game at Dundee Utd for example. Many reasons for it, but theres no denying we're taking baby steps in the right direction in my opinion.

Edited by Gollum

I think P&B Bairns need to do two things to address their club’s current problems.

Keep posting on here and giving each other multiple Greenies (you know it makes sense).

Decide which team you will support when yours disappears.  Stirling Albion?

Edit - hadn’t put an apostrophe in ‘club’s’.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thankfully, a magic wand has never been needed in order to survive in this league. A healthy dose of the bog standard ordinary will be more than enough.

Do we have that in us ?

A few people link us to the St Mirren of last season, St Mirren getting beat week in week out under Ross till January still showed improvement outside the result and could score a goal. 

We cant buy a goal but we look solid at the back so perhaps we can play for penalties in the play offs if ordinary isnt achieved in January

Come on, the bar is admittedly low but todays performance in terms of organization and attempts at going forward, especially in the first half, are on a different planet compared to the game at Dundee Utd for example. Many reasons for it, but theres no denying we're taking baby steps in the right direction in my opinion.

With full respect to Dumbarton, Dundee U are on a different level.

We could have played for 90 hours rather than 90 minutes and not have scored.

It was clear that Taiwo and Sibbald make a difference and also McGhee made some decent runs. But can you explain why we persisted with Longridge for the 90 mins whilst we managed to take Taiwo off with 20 mins to play?

I accept that Hartley still has the January signings card to play but we were inept today and I cannot see where goals will come from.

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

I'm willing to give him a chance ffs. 

I'm entitled to have my own opinion about what I think will happen though. 

It's not exactly criticism with the results so far is it.  

Hartley has been a disaster to date.

No wins in nine after Smith's two in a row.

He better have a miracle in the window.

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Did for St Mirren. Why not us?

St Mirren fans can answer better than I could but when we beat St Mirren in December with the help of the Jack Baird sending off, you could see an improvement before the Jan window. Ross had won four games pre the window albeit one of them v non league opposition in the cup, Ross appointed same time as Mr Hartley.

Whereas we cant buy a goal and all we can say so far is we dont look like we will ship 3 or 4 now and its ok saying we may get as many as 6 or 8 in, we will still have a large portion of the moral of the current squad in amongst that

Just now, Bairnardo said:

True, but surely given the fact that Hartley has indicated there will be wholesale changes, we have to fancy that he will be able to do a better job with players he wants to fit the style he wants, and who want to be there?

The players that dont want to be there is simply hearsay and if true what happens if players that come in get dragged down to the levels we are playing and dont want to be there either ?

There is usually nothing definite in football, Id just like to see a pointer in the right direction under Hartley and so far I'm pretty sure he has worst start a permanent manager in my time and possibly worse than Gerry Collins when he stood in for Lambie.

I just think its folly to think a transfer window, which wont be as big as St Mirrens was as our get out of jail card, there needs to be improvement in the pipeline even if 4, 5,6 are out the door.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Did for St Mirren. Why not us?

You don't have players of the quality of Mallan, Morgan or Magennis, who all played superbly well when Ross took over.

The one thing that seems to be a constant mentioned by players that Ross has managed or still manages, is his ability to nurture and motivate players.

Has Hartley shown signs that he can do that in the games he's been in charge so far?  You'll know better than me.

Having said that, I don't think you'll be relegated.

48 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You don't have players of the quality of Mallan, Morgan or Magennis, who all played superbly well when Ross took over.

The one thing that seems to be a constant mentioned by players that Ross has managed or still manages, is his ability to nurture and motivate players.

Has Hartley shown signs that he can do that in the games he's been in charge so far?  You'll know better than me.

Having said that, I don't think you'll be relegated.

Hartley seems to be going with the plan that signing an almost new team will save us as opposed to hoping the losers who got us in this shit suddenly decide to earn their wages.

I'd expect we will sign roughly 6 - 7 In January and that leaves 4 or 5 from what we have now to take a step up and pretend they'r not a shower of wage thieves.