The Falkirk FC Thread

He's regressed this season but he's been misused. Asked to play a target man role when he should've been running the channels and pushing defences back. In saying that he hasn't helped himself - his finishing is questionable and the obsession with trying to win fouls above anything else is infuriating and ruins his game. I reckon he'll do well for Livi, pretty sure they'll play to his strengths.

Is he out of contract? If not why are we supplying players with potential to Championship rivals? We know he has been poor this season but, like Loy, we know he has ability.

Hartley has a lot of work to do to convince me he’s the right man for our club.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Is he out of contract? If not why are we supplying players with potential to Championship rivals? We know he has been poor this season but, like Loy, we know he has ability.

Hartley has a lot of work to do to convince me he’s the right man for our club.

Because we need to move players out to reshape the squad, and like it or not, Livingston are not a rival for us this season. Our rivals are Dumbarton, ICT and to a lesser extent Brechin, That's the harsh reality of the mess we're in.

Because we need to move players out to reshape the squad, and like it or not, Livingston are not a rival for us this season. Our rivals are Dumbarton, ICT and to a lesser extent Brechin, That's the harsh reality of the mess we're in.

Actually, whilst others on here were highlighting for a number of weeks on here that we would recover and make the promotion playoffs at least, I was highlighting just how difficult a challenge that would be based on our points tally.

If you said we need to move the ‘right’ players out I would agree with you entirely. Changes are needed.

My concern is that a good manager motivates and gets the best out of what is available. I have seen little evidence of improvement in anyone to date. If a player has the ability with the right coaching we may see them recover to the standards we expect. So for me we should be getting shot of those with little potential and trying to exploit the skills of those that do.

Someone pointed out about Austen’s diving about. That occurred under Houstie, why has that problem not been ironed out with a change of Manager?

Completely changing a team can go two ways, we could improve but at the same time depending upon the ability of the manager to eye the right players we could be in a significantly worse position as a result.

For this season IMO, we should be making some key changes and tinkering with what we have to ensure survival. Once we understand the limitations adequately, we should be seeking further changes.
All this talk of shipping out 14-16 players really concerns me.

It’s been a while since things have felt as unstable around the club.

Sounds a bit like when we sold Hippo to you, knew he had bags of potential and superb on his day but too many times he was frustratingly disappointing. Could be a good replacement for Danny Mullen though, if he is a handful for defenders, likes going to ground for a foul and can score the odd goal now and again.

Sounds a bit like when we sold Hippo to you, knew he had bags of potential and superb on his day but too many times he was frustratingly disappointing. Could be a good replacement for Danny Mullen though, if he is a handful for defenders, likes going to ground for a foul and can score the odd goal now and again.

Sounds like Hippo is exactly the same player he was when he left you then...

51 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually, whilst others on here were highlighting for a number of weeks on here that we would recover and make the promotion playoffs at least, I was highlighting just how difficult a challenge that would be based on our points tally.

If you said we need to move the ‘right’ players out I would agree with you entirely. Changes are needed.

My concern is that a good manager motivates and gets the best out of what is available. I have seen little evidence of improvement in anyone to date. If a player has the ability with the right coaching we may see them recover to the standards we expect. So for me we should be getting shot of those with little potential and trying to exploit the skills of those that do.

Someone pointed out about Austen’s diving about. That occurred under Houstie, why has that problem not been ironed out with a change of Manager?

Completely changing a team can go two ways, we could improve but at the same time depending upon the ability of the manager to eye the right players we could be in a significantly worse position as a result.

For this season IMO, we should be making some key changes and tinkering with what we have to ensure survival. Once we understand the limitations adequately, we should be seeking further changes.
All this talk of shipping out 14-16 players really concerns me.

It’s been a while since things have felt as unstable around the club.

Mate the team is a fucking nick, get over it. #SirPaul

Mate the team is a fucking nick, get over it. #SirPaul

So players that led us to two second places have ALL suddenly become shite?

Or perhaps, more likely some of them stopped playing for the previous manger and the new guy hasn’t exactly inspired them with a lot of pish talk and little action?

Hope I’m wrong though...

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Or perhaps, more likely some of them stopped playing for the previous manger and the new guy hasn’t exactly inspired them with a lot of pish talk and little action?

Hope I’m wrong though...

If they don't want to work they can f**k off.

Work maybe the wrong term here....

Play for the jersey and dont carry like an utter shitehouse or leave.

I am sure players will be more than happy to play for the jersey when one of the first utterances from the guy in charge amounts to effectively ‘you are all shite and I am getting rid of the lot of you’....

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hope I’m wrong though...

Poor recruitment over the last few seasons and players like Kerr,Miller and McCracken having left or being signed on for one season too many are the main reasons why we're struggling badly this season.  It was always going to happen with such a dire record of signings although I must admit that I never thought it would be this bad.  I wasn't the least bit bothered about McHugh and Baird leaving for instance but Christ I'd take them now over the current lot. They may not be great but they ran their arses off for 90mins at least.  We need a clear out so that Hartley can get his team on the park asap.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I am sure players will be more than happy to play for the jersey when one of the first utterances from the guy in charge amounts to effectively ‘you are all shite and I am getting rid of the lot of you’....

I take it you were for giving Houston more time and are not a fan of Hartley?

Unfortunately he’s spends most of the game waiting to be fouled and goes down far too easily for someone who played in the juniors not too long ago.

Definitely has ability and has scored most of his goals with his head for us.

Fash played amateur for leven utd. I don't think he's ever played Jr football unless you count East fife as Jr.

I take it you were for giving Houston more time and are not a fan of Hartley?

I think sadly Housties time was up as he had lost the confidence of key players, but I am not a fan of managers who make big and bold statements with only a mixed record to back it up.

I am a fan of managers who get the best out of what they have. We have lost a number of weeks (and points) due to what I see as careless statements that probably did little to boost team morale and that has had a further regressive impact on the park.

I would love it to be as black and white as some paint it on here but players are human and will react to what they are given.

A mass clear out may work but it can also go the other way so it’s risky when we are in the position we find ourselves in just now.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I think sadly Housties time was up as he had lost the confidence of key players, but I am not a fan of managers who make big and bold statements with only a mixed record to back it up.

I am a fan of managers who get the best out of what they have. We have lost a number of weeks (and points) due to what I see as careless statements that probably did little to boost team morale and that has had a further regressive impact on the park.

I would love it to be as black and white as some paint it on here but players are human and will react to what they are given.

A mass clear out may work but it can also go the other way so it’s risky when we are in the position we find ourselves in just now.

How do you know what Hartley has said to the squad?